Street music policy?

Started by Alaurable, May 08, 2012, 10:53:17 PM

Alaurable

Is there an official policy on street music at Fanime? My friend and I have (relatively uncommon) portable musical instruments and knowledge of a few songs that other fans might enjoy. Of course, I want to make sure we're not violating any city ordinances or Fanime policies. Would there be issues with noise, location, or the possibility of voluntary donations from passersby? We're not out to bother anyone (or make money, even), we just want to make sure it's all right to share. :)

ewu

Outside of the convention center, Fanime does not really have firm rules. The city regulations are however in effect and if whatever is happening out there will affect Fanime's ability to put on a convention this year or future years, we will do something about it....so basically comply with city ordinances.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

BBOYTarzan

going to be going as GUMBY and with some other friends that are dancers...and some that aren't. wondering if music can be played. saw MANY MANY people last year and it seemed alright, just looking for a confirmation. oh, and can we play music in the game room? not crazy loud but enough to dance too?

Alaurable

Duly noted. From the San Jose city code website it looks like it's all right as long as there's not too much noise. Does Fanime have a policy regarding live music inside the convention center?

ewu

Not specifically. but keep in mind 1) you cannot plug into any outlet 2) if it is disruptive we will ask you to turn it off and/or leave. Keep it pleasant and alls will be well.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Alaurable

Got it. (No worries, it's all acoustic.) Thanks!