Food Thoughts?

Started by Akita, May 10, 2012, 08:51:04 AM

Akita

It seems like food is always on the topic of discussions at forums.  Just to let you guys know there is a Nijiya market near the convention (although I've heard it's a walk from the convention.

I also happen to know the region manager of Nijiya North California, and he is asking me what con goers may want to see at the San Jose store.  Currently they are stocking up on
- Onigiri
- Sandwich
- Bento
- Japanese Snacks and Drinks

if there is anything in particular (snack brands, drinks) people want, I can relay the message to him.

llaaannniiii

Green tea kit Kats! They're like not always easy to come by -_-

HunterZero

I dare say that Ramune and Pocky sales alone would bring in the most money. Especially if they are competitive with the prices in the dealer room.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Akita

well, the last sale was $.99 ramune (5 types -or six, I don't remember)
usually, $1.99 or so...

I asked the guy about Green Tea Kitkats, he says he's trying as hard as he can.  Let you guys know if they have it

Vasyenka

Habanero flavored Nori Ten? Oh my god I would buy the whole stock, lmao~
(I'm not from the area, and where I -am- from, the nearest Asian food market is a good two or three hours away, rofl)
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

M

Quote from: Akita on May 10, 2012, 08:51:04 AM
It seems like food is always on the topic of discussions at forums.  Just to let you guys know there is a Nijiya market near the convention (although I've heard it's a walk from the convention.

I also happen to know the region manager of Nijiya North California, and he is asking me what con goers may want to see at the San Jose store.  Currently they are stocking up on
- Onigiri
- Sandwich
- Bento
- Japanese Snacks and Drinks

if there is anything in particular (snack brands, drinks) people want, I can relay the message to him.

I think some of the FanimeCon staffers will need to travel here for some of our con snacks. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Somethingducky

Ramune and Pocky will always be a hit. How about Mango Creamy Soda and bottled milk tea? I always look for those at the Asian markets. Flavored seaweed snacks would be convenient, my boyfriend and I always love buying sushi and takoyaki from the Nijiya market too.

HunterZero

I wish that someone, ANYONE, would import Melon Fanta from Japan, because I can't get it here NO MATTER HOW I TRY.

And no, other melon sodas don't quite make the grade for me. Whenever I go to Japan, it's a non-stop orgy of Melon Fanta and Dr Pepper from Don Quixote
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Akita

I'll relay the message for Nori-Ten.

MPLe> Do you want to work stuff out with this region manager?  Please let me know through PM

Mango Cream Soda, i think they have...  Just the ones from Sangaria though...  And Milk Tea is...  hard...  Since I heard any milk product import into US is nigh impossible due to Mad Cow scares.

Fanta Melon is probably a tall order too (lol)

Somethingducky

Mad cow scare huh? I guess that's why we suddenly couldn't find any Kirin Milk Tea starting a few years back. So sad....I really miss it...

Rainbow Ichi

takoyaki please? I'd prolly buy myself a lightrail pass if there will be some takoyaki <3

cold mango flavored calpis :D, oh oh you're pork tonkatsu sanwich tastes great <3

And no, Nijiya isn't a walk x_x its quite far (if youre leaning on the rounder side, like me), it likes 2 stations away from the convention center on the lightrail). Convention center statioin to Japantown/Ayer Station.
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Akita

Rainbow Ichi> I'm pretty sure those will be there, since those are regular items.  But just in case, I will tell them again

BunofGovt

hot and spicy spam  ;D

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 10, 2012, 09:57:51 AM

OMG I only bought 2 packages when they were selling them at Mitsuwa's San Jose a few months ago!  We finished one box, but I am hoarding the second box because I haven't seen them anywhere since!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

llaaannniiii

Quote from: BunofGovt on May 17, 2012, 09:05:28 PM
hot and spicy spam  ;D

OMG I only bought 2 packages when they were selling them at Mitsuwa's San Jose a few months ago!  We finished one box, but I am hoarding the second box because I haven't seen them anywhere since!

omgs! i gotta find them soon! -_-

Akita

hot and spicy spam  ;D

your probably won't see it for another good year or so...  Hot and Spicy Spam...Musubi...  I never seen that at the Nijiya, so probably doubt it...  From knowing the kitchen operation, the best they can do is probably put saracha  sauce on it XP

llaaannniiii

Quote from: Akita on May 18, 2012, 08:06:45 PM
hot and spicy spam  ;D

your probably won't see it for another good year or so...  Hot and Spicy Spam...Musubi...  I never seen that at the Nijiya, so probably doubt it...  From knowing the kitchen operation, the best they can do is probably put saracha  sauce on it XP

noo!!! would you happen to know why it'd be gone for so long? :(

Akita

b/c the distributor can't get it because they can't get a regular shipment from Japan.  And if it is available, someone is buying it up quicker than other stores.

JessichuSexyKins

Where's the store at? I've never heard of it but seems a lot cheaper to go there than trying to manage my weekend food money haha.

Eri Kagami

Onigiri - yes!

Anything healthy that involves rice, I'll eat!

Akita

Quote from: JessichuSexyKins on May 21, 2012, 08:15:23 PM
Where's the store at? I've never heard of it but seems a lot cheaper to go there than trying to manage my weekend food money haha.

It seems like if you take a light rail, it's 4 stops, and then an Eight minute walk.  I guess that is some what far....

as well, the region manager says that he is still trying, but the Matcha kitkats maybe impossible...  sorry for anyone who got their hopes up...