D.Gray-man Gathering 2012!!! Official thread

Started by airanimechiic, May 11, 2012, 03:23:35 AM

airanimechiic

D.DGRAY-MAN 2012 GATHERING YEAH

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Hi everyone! So it looks like this will be the official D.Gray-man gathering thread. Last year was kind of good even though the thread's list was short, so let's hope this year's turn out is even better :3

Tentative sched
Day: Sunday
Time: 2PM(unofficial) - 4:30
Place: FiF CE MS

Some cosplayers:
ININ - Allen, v.1
clarapark96 - Allen, red uniform
Yuu - Kanda (Loli?)
AIRanimechiic - Lulu Bell (maybe)

Photography Order:
Group
Exorcists
Black Order
Noah
Other(?)
Individuals
Requests
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

ININ

I'm cosplaying Allen Walker version 1.  I know a friend who's cosplaying Kanda and her friend is cosplaying Lavi.

We're planning to attend the Shonen Jump on Sunday.  My thinking is have the D. Gray Man gathering after Shonen Jump where other D. Gray Man cosplayers most likely attend Shonen Jump because this gathering is last minute.

clarapark96

I'll come!! I'll be Allen Walker in his red uniform. I'm going to the SJ meet and the B&W ball on Sunday as well.

Yuu

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 11, 2012, 03:23:35 AM

*Note: if there's already a post set up, please let me know so i can find it! (Cause I couldn't find one for d.gray-man)

Here http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17210.0.html
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Yuu

Quote from: ININ on May 11, 2012, 12:39:35 PM
I'm cosplaying Allen Walker version 1.  I know a friend who's cosplaying Kanda and her friend is cosplaying Lavi.

We're planning to attend the Shonen Jump on Sunday.  My thinking is have the D. Gray Man gathering after Shonen Jump where other D. Gray Man cosplayers most likely attend Shonen Jump because this gathering is last minute.

Hey!  It'll be good to have you at the shoot this year.
I think that we should have some time between the two shoots to get off of our feet for a while and touch up our make-up hair ect.

Just went to get my bangs trimmed two days ago and my fukin hair dresser cut three inches off the end! My hair will eternally be too short for Kanda. Time to get a new hair dresser I think.

airanimechiic

the gathering reservation list kind of closes in 5 days, i think it may be a good idea to finalize some things? :D especially if the other thread is the official gathering thread?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

Yuu

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 14, 2012, 03:43:30 AM
the gathering reservation list kind of closes in 5 days, i think it may be a good idea to finalize some things? :D especially if the other thread is the official gathering thread?

4:30, Sunday. Outside of the Hilton. We can use the grassy as well as the area between it and the city building. ( Where all of the cement paths and stairwells are) we'll call it 'Hilton side' officially.

There will be enough time to go to the SJ shoot and for those who need to fix.change costumes to do so. And those who want to attend the Masqurade ball will have at least a few minutes.

I may go to the ball as Loli Knada again. Fortunately  there is no Cross + Handcuffs to = shenanigans this year. I'm glaring at YOU ININ.

ININ

Make it official.  4:30pm Sunday FiF CE or Flowerbed in Front, convention entrance.  And this is the official gathering thread.  I hope BSaphire can add the URL =)

We have 30 minutes after Shonen Jump to walk to the convention entrance.  We can't use the Hilton grassy area because there is a 4:00pm official gathering.  I just checked the list.

Quote from: Yuu on May 12, 2012, 04:45:34 PM
Hey!  It'll be good to have you at the shoot this year.
I think that we should have some time between the two shoots to get off of our feet for a while and touch up our make-up hair ect.

Where have you been?!?  I was concerned you're not attending this year.  I found out yesterday Ken and A. are coming.  I should have thought that implied you're coming.  Yeah, we get pics of us.  Perhaps before the gathering or after dinner and before B&W?  I'm cosplaying Allen all day on day 3.

@everyone else, Feel free if you want to join us in the B&W ball.  I suggest we eat dinner before.  How about cafeteria style? lol

airanimechiic

Quote from: ININ on May 17, 2012, 02:22:32 PM

Make it official.  4:30pm Sunday FiF CE or Flowerbed in Front, convention entrance.  And this is the official gathering thread.  I hope BSaphire can add the URL =)

We have 30 minutes after Shonen Jump to walk to the convention entrance.  We can't use the Hilton grassy area because there is a 4:00pm official gathering.  I just checked the list.

Quote from: Yuu on May 12, 2012, 04:45:34 PM
Hey!  It'll be good to have you at the shoot this year.

Where have you been?!?  I was concerned you're not attending this year.  I found out yesterday Ken and A. are coming.  I should have thought that implied you're coming.  Yeah, we get pics of us.  Perhaps before the gathering or after dinner and before B&W?  I'm cosplaying Allen all day on day 3.

@everyone else, Feel free if you want to join us in the B&W ball.  I suggest we eat dinner before.  How about cafeteria style? lol

Actually, how ok are you guys with moving this to before the Shonen Jump event, so perhaps 2:00 FiF CE? it looks like CE just got taken at Sunday 4:30 :S
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

Yuu

Make it official.  4:30pm Sunday FiF CE or Flowerbed in Front, convention entrance.  And this is the official gathering thread.  I hope BSaphire can add the URL =)
I'll do it. I  was waitingo nthe TS because I don't want to step on any toes, but we don't have time for that anymore.
We have 30 minutes after Shonen Jump to walk to the convention entrance.  We can't use the Hilton grassy area because there is a 4:00pm official gathering.  I just checked the list.
I like the area just on the other side of Hiltin, with the tables and things. Hell, I'll get us what I can.

Where have you been?!?  I was concerned you're not attending this year.  I found out yesterday Ken and A. are coming.  I should have thought that implied you're coming.  Yeah, we get pics of us.  Perhaps before the gathering or after dinner and before B&W?  I'm cosplaying Allen all day on day 3.
@everyone else, Feel free if you want to join us in the B&W ball.  I suggest we eat dinner before.  How about cafeteria style? lol
I've been pretty busy. Especially these past few months. The only reason I didn't take care of the DGM gathering earlier is that I figured someone else would have done so by now.
Well, That'll learn me.

The DGM gathering is the only thing I plan all con. So I'm free all day.

Yuu

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 04:47:55 PM

Actually, how ok are you guys with moving this to Saturday? Saturday seems to have more space and it looks like CE just got taken at Sunday 4:30 :S

Do whatever you want. Just do it now.

airanimechiic

Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2012, 04:51:19 PM
Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 04:47:55 PM

Actually, how ok are you guys with moving this to Saturday? Saturday seems to have more space and it looks like CE just got taken at Sunday 4:30 :S

Do whatever you want. Just do it now.

so i've made it Sunday, 2PM, FiF CE . you've sent BSaphire the pm?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

Yuu

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 04:56:06 PM

Good. At least we've got something.

No I was just about to do so when I saw this. If your running the gathering you should should PM her.

airanimechiic

Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2012, 05:02:03 PM

No I was just about to do so when I saw this. If your running the gathering you should should PM her.

oh i wasnt intending on running the gathering but i just noticed no one made a thread so i freaked out and typed this up... i've never run a gathering before... so if you could... :DDD
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

Yuu

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 08:05:03 PM
Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2012, 05:02:03 PM

oh i wasnt intending on running the gathering but i just noticed no one made a thread so i freaked out and typed this up... i've never run a gathering before... so if you could... :DDD

You should have said so. -_-;
I would have had everything done by now.

No harm done I guess. I'll take care of it.

ININ

Very good!  2pm may be the better choice :)  We gather at 2pm FiF CE, attend the Shonen Jump at 3pm, and then we can have an after gathering where we can walk around the con and take more pics, hang out, eat dinner, and then attend the B&W ^__^  Thank you for taking the initiative!

I bring my camera so we have at least a photographer for our gathering.  I was hoping to walk back to my hotel room after Shonen Jump to get my camera.  No worries XD

Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2012, 04:50:20 PM
I've been pretty busy. Especially these past few months. The only reason I didn't take care of the DGM gathering earlier is that I figured someone else would have done so by now.
Well, That'll learn me.

I've been busy myself with other priorities in my mind >.>  I planned day 3 for DGM.

airanimechiic

Quote from: ININ on May 18, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

Very good!  2pm may be the better choice :)  We gather at 2pm FiF CE, attend the Shonen Jump at 3pm, and then we can have an after gathering where we can walk around the con and take more pics, hang out, eat dinner, and then attend the B&W ^__^  Thank you for taking the initiative!

I bring my camera so we have at least a photographer for our gathering.  I was hoping to walk back to my hotel room after Shonen Jump to get my camera.  No worries XD

Quote from: Yuu on May 17, 2012, 04:50:20 PM
Well, That'll learn me.

I've been busy myself with other priorities in my mind >.>  I planned day 3 for DGM.

/whew/ I'm glad it seems like Sunday 2pm was a good option. :)
i so would want to go to B&W (esp since Lulu's cosplay would totally fit) but my group is performing at the masquerade
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

clarapark96

Because this is my first time attending a meeting, I have no idea what people do there. Can someone tell me? Do you take photos and just talk?

ININ

The answer is yes.  Cosplay gatherings are a good opportunity to take pics, meet new people, and have fun ^_^  Sometimes a few people hang out afterwards and do something, anything.  In our case, we have a second gathering immediately which is Shonen Jump and B&W ball.  It looks like we eat dinner before B&W and take more pics around the con.

@airanimechiic, good luck!

ININ

airanimechiic, I just checked BSaphire's gathering list.  She listed our gathering at our first choice 4:30pm, FiF CE MS which is Flowerbed in Front, Convention Entrance, Marriott Side.  This is confusing because we agreed to bump up early at 2pm.  We don't want to confuse and miss other D. Gray Man cosplayers.

What are we going to do?  Change the 2pm on the first post the match BSaphire's 4:30pm.  My suggestion is to change the time from 2 to 4:30 for consistency.  How about you airanimechiic?  You have your masquerade performance.