D.Gray-man Gathering 2012!!! Official thread

Started by airanimechiic, May 11, 2012, 03:23:35 AM

Yuu

Quote from: ININ on May 21, 2012, 02:37:51 PM
airanimechiic, I just checked BSaphire's gathering list.  She listed our gathering at our first choice 4:30pm, FiF CE MS which is Flowerbed in Front, Convention Entrance, Marriott Side.  This is confusing because we agreed to bump up early at 2pm.  We don't want to confuse and miss other D. Gray Man cosplayers.

What are we going to do?  Change the 2pm on the first post the match BSaphire's 4:30pm.  My suggestion is to change the time from 2 to 4:30 for consistency.  How about you airanimechiic?  You have your masquerade performance.

I would like to keep at 4:30. It seemed to work for more people. Furthermore, it will be easy to gather more people for the shoot as we can inform them at the SJ shoot. We can always have an unofficial meeting at 2PM.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

BSaphire

Quote from: Yuu on May 21, 2012, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: ININ on May 21, 2012, 02:37:51 PM
airanimechiic, I just checked BSaphire's gathering list.  She listed our gathering at our first choice 4:30pm, FiF CE MS which is Flowerbed in Front, Convention Entrance, Marriott Side.  This is confusing because we agreed to bump up early at 2pm.  We don't want to confuse and miss other D. Gray Man cosplayers.

What are we going to do?  Change the 2pm on the first post the match BSaphire's 4:30pm.  My suggestion is to change the time from 2 to 4:30 for consistency.  How about you airanimechiic?  You have your masquerade performance.

I would like to keep at 4:30. It seemed to work for more people. Furthermore, it will be easy to gather more people for the shoot as we can inform them at the SJ shoot. We can always have an unofficial meeting at 2PM.
Post your updated info here and I will copy it to the first post. PM me when you get it done so I can juggle it in with the 15 billion other things I have in the air...... * checks for falling objects :P
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ININ

I agree.  Let's change the official time from 2pm to 4:30pm to reflect BSaphire's official records.

@airanimechiic, can you change the first post from 2pm to 4:30pm located at FiF CE MS :)

@Yuu, let's see if we can meet up before 2pm just in case we see other DGM cosplayers ^_^

BSaphire

Jump is at 3 on Sunday so if you guys want to unofficially meet sooner that's cool,.. I feel like I have the wrong time listed for you guys now...  :( I'm sorry
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

airanimechiic

Sorry guys.
ANyways, so I've changed it to 2-4:30pm with 2pm being a bit unofficial and an break at 3 for the shonen jump gathering xDD

i'm have this idea of the 2pm one being a mini-lunch picnic where we all bring food and aside from eating, the allens+everyone will do a photoshoot with the food xDD
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Yuu

Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2012, 02:03:40 PM
@Yuu, let's see if we can meet up before 2pm just in case we see other DGM cosplayers ^_^

You mean I have to pretend to be friendly? Alright, but no guarantee's it'll go over well. IAside rom the B%W ball I have no plans so I'm up for anything.

ININ

@airanimechiic, the 2pm unofficial sounds good.

Given the confusion and corrections, it looks like this extended gathering actually becomes a good one :D

Quote from: Yuu on May 23, 2012, 12:09:11 AM
You mean I have to pretend to be friendly? Alright, but no guarantee's it'll go over well. IAside rom the B%W ball I have no plans so I'm up for anything.

Yes, you must pretend to be friendly ~~  Allen does that naturally lol!  Maybe we meet up earlier to get lunch for the 2pm meetup.  I contact you.

TwilightLarryV1

I'll most likely come as Crown Clown Allen.

airanimechiic

Quote from: ININ on May 23, 2012, 02:36:34 PM
@airanimechiic, the 2pm unofficial sounds good.

Given the confusion and corrections, it looks like this extended gathering actually becomes a good one :D

Quote from: Yuu on May 23, 2012, 12:09:11 AM

Yes, you must pretend to be friendly ~~  Allen does that naturally lol!  Maybe we meet up earlier to get lunch for the 2pm meetup.  I contact you.

yes~! we should definitely meet up earlier for lunch and chilling (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

ININ

IIRC, there's a grandfather clock inside the Fairmont.  I hope a Miranda cosplayer shows up.  There is also a church on Market St.  Good photo opportunities around downtown.  We can do these shots after the 4:30 official gathering :D  I don't think we can do these shot between 2-3pm.

Just in case of an emergency, I might need someone to paint my red star.  I provide everything including paint and reference pic.  It's highly unlikely I need someone at the gathering to help.  I'm covering my bases XD

DracoMancer

So has anyone posted photos yet? I was the Krory at the gathering :3 But I have no pictures of him T_T Not even from other photographers that gave me their business card as they're still have yet to post them >_<
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

LuneNoire

Quote from: DracoMancer on June 01, 2012, 04:25:08 PM
So has anyone posted photos yet? I was the Krory at the gathering :3 But I have no pictures of him T_T Not even from other photographers that gave me their business card as they're still have yet to post them >_<

I was the femCross, and I happen to be going through the same thing.

DracoMancer

GregEdwards started posting the D.Gray-man shoot http://gregedwards.smugmug.com/Cosplay/D-Graymen/23388686_6kZhF5#!i=1888961854&k=zQW8mDp He will be posting more soon, but is rather busy with conferences and over 5,000 images he took at Fanime. I emailed him directly about it, but have no idea about the other photographers.
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

Yuu

Wow. Some good that make-up did me.

I look pretty mean though so I guess it works.

ININ

I'm still working on the pics.  I post the link when I'm done C:  Thanks so much for waiting!

ININ

Pardon the double post to bump up.  The cosplay pics are uploaded =)  Link:  http://innovateinfinitely.com/fanimegatherings/2012.html 
Scroll down to our group because I posted other gatherings.  Enjoy!

airanimechiic and Yuu, I organize the 2013 gathering to avoid the last minute organization nerviouness ^_^  Are you two okay with that?  I do my best to free up time before Fanime to continue organizing and updating unlike this year.

airanimechiic

Quote from: ININ on June 19, 2012, 06:31:40 PM
Pardon the double post to bump up.  The cosplay pics are uploaded =)  Link:  http://innovateinfinitely.com/fanimegatherings/2012.html 
Scroll down to our group because I posted other gatherings.  Enjoy!

airanimechiic and Yuu, I organize the 2013 gathering to avoid the last minute organization nerviouness ^_^  Are you two okay with that?  I do my best to free up time before Fanime to continue organizing and updating unlike this year.

oh yay! thank you! can I reupload the photos i'm in to my blog/site/etc as long as I credit you back?

uh yeah, totally do so- i just went oh-no cuz i couldn't find the gathering thread xD but yeah, earlier planning is definitely good
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

ININ

Yes, you can use the photos for your personal use XD

I start the 2013 D. Gray Man thread in December.  We have six months to plan, meet each other on the forums, and joke around.  We prepare Kanda to lighten up at the next gathering lol!!!