Artists! What do you put on your business cards?

Started by octorok, May 11, 2012, 01:56:39 PM

octorok

I'm about to order mine for the very first time and I'm curious about what everyone else puts on theirs.

So far, I've got:

• Name
  • Deviantart or Website
  • Email

Anything else?

Laggy

I put what I do on there too, like 'Cartoonist, illustrator, graphic designer' things like that.

I also got double sided business cards, and used the back as a tiny gallery, using little thumbnails of some of my work. Admittedly, the double sided option is more expensive, but it looks really cool.

octorok

Wow, those look great! :0
I'm coughing up for double-sided too! :3 I think it's a great idea.

Good call on putting all the stuff I do, too.

I think the thing I'm having the most trouble with now is reconciling my pen name (peahat) with my real name. It feels strange to put both my real name AND my internet handle, because it then looks like I'm running a business called PEAHAT. I can't put my only real name either, because I've written PEAHAT in huge letters on my back-side illustration. I feel like it's sort of weird to have PEAHAT on one side and my real name on the other.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? :S I'd like to order my business cards soon, but this is really eating me up.

LadyUni

I don't put much on my cards 'cause I don't like it when it's too busy. Basically, I put what you mentioned and a little more like my signature, and a quote of mine for good measure.
I figure if they're taking my business card, they already kinda have an idea of what I'm doing, so I don't need to add that.
You can see them here.
~"Submit to the wonders of the universe..."~

Laggy

Quote from: LadyUni on May 12, 2012, 08:38:09 PM
I don't put much on my cards 'cause I don't like it when it's too busy. Basically, I put what you mentioned and a little more like my signature, and a quote of mine for good measure.
I figure if they're taking my business card, they already kinda have an idea of what I'm doing, so I don't need to add that.
You can see them here.

That is a good point. At conventions and the like, no you don't really need to put what you do on the card, but I give also my business cards to local businesses and places like that to set out, so my profession needs to be on the card. It really depends on the situation.

AnimeJet

Mine got misprinted, but they should look like this:

The company cut the card too close at the bottom so i'm waiting for reprints wooh.. but you can see the type of info i put down, and how i resolved pen name vs real name. (although it's even more annoying for me cause i have TWO internet aliases now ~_~)

Laggy

Quote from: AnimeJet on May 12, 2012, 11:36:33 PM

The company cut the card too close at the bottom so i'm waiting for reprints wooh.. but you can see the type of info i put down, and how i resolved pen name vs real name. (although it's even more annoying for me cause i have TWO internet aliases now ~_~)

Those look fantastic. Where did you order them from?

AnimeJet

Quote from: Laggy on May 12, 2012, 11:57:03 PM

I got them printed from overnightprints, but like i said they messed up cutting them.. and the first reprints were the wrong colors, i'm waiting for the 3rd batch right now to write a proper review of them XD

EDIT: I got the reprints today and wrote about my expereince with Overnight Prints heeere.

octorok

Quote from: AnimeJet on May 13, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
Quote from: Laggy on May 12, 2012, 11:57:03 PM

I got them printed from overnightprints, but like i said they messed up cutting them.. and the first reprints were the wrong colors, i'm waiting for the 3rd batch right now to write a proper review of them XD

EDIT: I got the reprints today and wrote about my expereince with Overnight Prints heeere.

DAYUM. Those look incredible, and they were so cheap!!! They are like half the cost of business cards from Vistaprint. Even with all the grief they gave you, I think those guys are totally worth it.

AnimeJet

Quote from: octorok on May 15, 2012, 09:50:16 PM
Quote from: AnimeJet on May 13, 2012, 04:35:30 PM

DAYUM. Those look incredible, and they were so cheap!!! They are like half the cost of business cards from Vistaprint. Even with all the grief they gave you, I think those guys are totally worth it.

Haha yea like i said in the review if you have time and don't mind dealing with customer service (They were always polite via e-mail) it's not bad at all especially for the price. Some people don't like dealing with incompetence or don't have the time though XD. I hope 500 + 250 weird ones is enough this summer