Thursday Night Swap Meet

Started by Tsuchimi Rin-chan, May 11, 2012, 07:53:16 PM

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Hi!  I am not able to get in contact via e-mail for 3 days an answer as to whether or not this year's Thursday Night Swap Meet is going to be a Badged Event or not at the Fairmont Hotel.  I would like to know for my co-worker so she can determine whether she can go with her son that is age 6.

Thanks for anyone at the Fanime Con Swap meet Department that can answer this ASAP as I know today is the last day to pre reg for an Early Reg Badge.  Just wondering also how strict the Swap meet staff and volunteers will be checking badges or not for this coming Thursday's Day Zero Event.

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

InsaneDavid

A bump for this one as I'm curious about it myself and it will decide if I pick up my badge on Thursday or Friday.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Sygmus

I noticed the swap meet isn't going to be in the gaming room like it usually is.  Where is the Fairmont Imperial Ballroom?

Ecchi ja Nai

See this link for a map from the SJCC to the Fairmont Hotel: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16971.msg438508.html#msg438508
I'm not positive where the Imperial Ballroom is specifically, but I'm sure it'll be easy to find once you get there.  There will probably be plenty of signs both in the hotel and at the SJCC to help with that.

As for the OP's question, this is by no means an official answer, and any staff members should obviously feel free to correct this, but from my experience in previous years and other responses in the official swap meet thread, Thursday tends to be pretty lax as far as badge control is concerned.  Confirmed registered sellers won't be turned away if they don't have their badge yet, so it shouldn't be a problem for people looking to buy.  And I could be wrong about this as well, but wasn't it actually posted that last year's Day 0 swap meet was considered open to the public for those looking to browse?

ComposerLOST

I was also wondering this. More specifically, will it be open to all on Friday as well? I'm getting there after registration closes on Friday, so I won't have my badge on time. >.<

eralston

Quote from: TheUnforgiven on May 24, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
I was also wondering this. More specifically, will it be open to all on Friday as well? I'm getting there after registration closes on Friday, so I won't have my badge on time. >.<

Swap Meet on Friday will be a badged event.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Hachimitsu

Apparently Thursday required a badge along with a reciept.....
But when we got here, I found out it was unbadged.....

Around 9:50pm, I saw a post saying its unbadged, ....but the event needed badges even if your selling.

Sadly, I was shocked why we moved to fairmont, and was disturbed that we walked here and realized we could've been here without the badge....

To those who are comming on Friday or is on its way to pick up a badge, I beg of you to be there eaarly because the computers that shut down realllllly costed. Us (and everyones) reserved spots......     

Really wished swapmeet could've announced sooner