Skullgirls TOURNAMENT at Fanime 2012

Started by JTchinoy, May 13, 2012, 10:42:08 AM

JTchinoy

It's a bit short notice, but we've added a Skullgirls tournament to our tournament lineup!
When:
Saturday, 12:00pm

Rules (Tentative):
2/3 games per match
double elimination

Prize: TBA ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Akita

really no one...  I would have been sure that there are people here who like it...

JTchinoy

Free prize for me... I don't even know how to play! :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

batmanuel

I'll play you skullgirls. I'm not good though, just getting started

Elimeno

Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

M

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 15, 2012, 12:18:09 PMFree prize for me... I don't even know how to play! :D
I know that you were joking, but I'm posting this because we have a lot of staff that don't realize it...

Staff can't win prizes in tournaments held at FanimeCon (unless specifically stated and they are *RARE*). :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

thelifeoftehparty

Will it be with the controller or the arcade joystick?? :3

And will Double be off-limits? She's so OP.

JTchinoy

The prize for this one might be rare. o.o

I'll finalize the ruleset and bannings (if any) soon. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

rolvtd

Just to make sure,

Are you requiring 2 characters?   I usually run solo...

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 13, 2012, 10:42:08 AM
It's a bit short notice, but we've added a Skullgirls tournament to our tournament lineup!
When:
Saturday, 12:00pm

Rules (Tentative):
2/3 games per match
double elimination
2 character teams

Prize: TBA ;)

JTchinoy

I wasn't aware that players can use any number that they want. It'll be free choice. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

blk_mage

I'll be entering (and winning!) this. I'll also be accepting skullgirls money matches all weekend :P

Also, you shouldn't ban anything. The game's hardly been out for a month so there isn't really anything broken. Double is a really good character, probably the best in the game, but she isn't broken. If you think he being good is that big a problen then just put het on your team but there are ways around her.

Mizuki

Quote from: blk_mage on May 23, 2012, 03:55:46 PM
I'll be entering (and winning!) this. I'll also be accepting skullgirls money matches all weekend :P

Also, you shouldn't ban anything. The game's hardly been out for a month so there isn't really anything broken. Double is a really good character, probably the best in the game, but she isn't broken. If you think he being good is that big a problen then just put het on your team but there are ways around her.

Uhhhhh, you are aware money matches are not allowed at Fanime last I heard...

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: blk_mage on May 23, 2012, 03:55:46 PMI'll also be accepting skullgirls money matches all weekend :P

Money matches are illegal in eGaming.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite