Electronic Post Cards

Started by Master Roshi, May 17, 2012, 03:35:18 PM

Master Roshi

Anyone know at least when electronic post cards will be issued, i.e. something more specific than the standard "sooner" before the Con?  Thanks for any reply. 

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Master Roshi on May 17, 2012, 03:35:18 PM
Anyone know at least when electronic post cards will be issued, i.e. something more specific than the standard "sooner" before the Con?  Thanks for any reply. 
If I'm not mistaken they're usually released a week before the con.  They should be there by Tuesday next week at the latest for people coming for Day 0.

Master Roshi

Thanks . . . all I remember is they are sent right before the Con.

InsaneDavid

Thanks for this information!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Tsu

It's already well past Thursday, but I figure that just means it'll be up within the next couple days.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ZombieShoe

Quick question, is the postcard absolutely required? Would we still be able to get our badge without it?

Rainbow Ichi

Hii! I remember for Fanime 2011 Thursday Early Badge Pickup we printed our info on a sheet of paper and presented our ID's, as the instructions said.

What's the protocol for this year's?
There doesn't seem to be any instructions when I log-in. Do I just print directly from the website?
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Tsu

In prior years you could get your badge as long as you had state ID that matched the registration record. The printout speeds things up, I think.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ZombieShoe

Quote from: foester on May 20, 2012, 05:19:39 PM
In prior years you could get your badge as long as you had state ID that matched the registration record. The printout speeds things up, I think.
Hopefully it is like that this year, as I do not have access to a printer. Thank you for the help.

weirderraindrop

If you're worried about it at all, check to see if you have a FedEx Office nearby. You can go in and use their self service printers for like 10 or 11 cents per page (depending on the area) by plugging in your flash drive. I know in past years i've had it in PDF, not sure if they still do that though as my sister printed them off for us last year.

weirderraindrop

-Wrong topic post-

ewu

We will be, but we are still finalizing the postcards. We will have them out today or tomorrow. Keep an eye out on our webpage or other social media.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ShikiIchijo

I just got an email that was pretty much the postcard. :3
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

kookiekween99

Got my postcard last night. :D
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

The postcards have been sent out. If you did not get it, please look in your spam box.

I got them on all of my test accounts (which use different e-mail addresses).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Barnes

I just got my postcard, and it says this:

Quote*If you, or your group, Preregistered with the Promo code "CA2012"
(on or before March 31st) your badge(s) will be available at the
Double Tree Hotel (2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA 95110) for pickup
on Thursday from 6:30PM - 8:00PM.

I guess this means I have to go over there to get my badge?

What if I edit the promo code off my badge, will doing so make a difference? (as in allow me to get my badge at the con. center)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ININ

Can we print the post card in .pdf and save it in our smart phone?  We show the .pdf file to registration.  And we save a tree.

ewu

Quote from: Barnes on May 22, 2012, 11:36:04 AM
What if I edit the promo code off my badge, will doing so make a difference? (as in allow me to get my badge at the con. center)

I see you edited your promo code today, but we exported that at the beginning of the month. If you were a CA2012, then it will be at the Double Tree.

Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2012, 01:52:40 PM
Can we print the post card in .pdf and save it in our smart phone?  We show the .pdf file to registration.  And we save a tree.

We have used the physical paper in the past for records logging. Please print it out this year. I will check to see about next year. WHAT QR CODE? YOU MUST BE INSANE
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AbsolutelyCursed

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: ewu on May 22, 2012, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Barnes on May 22, 2012, 11:36:04 AM

I see you edited your promo code today, but we exported that at the beginning of the month. If you were a CA2012, then it will be at the Double Tree.
D: Will there be a bus bridge available on Thurs. then?
I had plans at the San Jose Convention Center on Thurs. night.... D:
I had assumed it'd be like a sticker or something and we'd still pick up the badges at the San Jose Convention Center location... >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula