What to bring to the fanime?

Started by Kpmonkeygirl, May 17, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

royjovero

Deodorant won't help those people who don't shower. I know there are people who don't get a room for the con and pretty much stay at the con center all weekend. If you're gonna do that, at least try to make a friend and see if you can use their shower. Come on, bad sanitary practices are bad. And that's just nasty...

Lucifargundam

Quote from: royjovero on January 30, 2013, 02:14:02 PM
If you're gonna do that, at least try to make a friend and see if you can use their shower.
I should charge people to use my shower >:] $20?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Firemage1000

To save money on food I bring the 6 pack of instant Udon from Costco and a hot water kettle. That takes care of all my food needs for the weekend.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

otakuya

djmonolith

I agree with having a "plan" - my first year was spent just wandering around in awe and I realized later that I had missed out on so many things that I missed because I just didn't take the time to study the events.  A little planning will leave you feeling a lot less bummed.
This is my signature.

Lucifargundam

I always circled/marked which events interested me in my handout- so that I wouldn't miss out on anything I'd regret...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Touya no Miko

For anyone who has severe allergies, be sure to bring your epi-pen! One girl had to be hospitalized on the second day of the con she was attending because of a peanut allergy. She was wandering around the halls when a kid sneezed in her direction. Apparently he must have recently eaten peanuts, because her face started to swell.

In addition, if you have asthma bring your inhaler!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Belfry

If you plan to wait in any long lines for an extended period of time (for example, lining up several hours in advance for the masquerade) or if you plan to be a seller at the swap meet, consider bringing a fabric folding chair (like this).

This will leave both your back and butt much less sore. However, if you're using chair(s) to wait in lines, make sure you have a buddy who can take the chair(s) back to your hotel/car 15-30 minutes before the event starts (usually they can rejoin you in line after putting the chairs away), because you won't be allowed to bring them into the event. Except for the swap meet: you can bring in a chair to sit in while selling your items.