Hookah Bar Hangout

Started by Aoiro, May 18, 2012, 03:05:45 AM

Aoiro

I was talking to a friend about hanging out at a hookah bar this weekend and then I realized... Why not during Fanime? So I searched on Google and Yelp and found that the closest one is just 2 blocks away from the convention center! It's called The Swinging Hookah. Anyone interested in meeting up and smokin' a couple bowls? I'm thinking sometime Friday night, but it's still in the works. :D

You pay $17-$22 for each flavor, depending on which one you choose. It's ½ off when you buy the same one to replace it. Each bowl is for 2 people and it costs $3 for an additional person. Here are the operating hours during Fanime:

• Thursday @ 6PM-2AM
  • Friday @ 6PM-3AM
  • Saturday @ 6PM-3AM
  • Sunday @ 6PM-1AM
  • Monday @ 6PM-1AM
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

Amanojaku

I'd be down for that.  I've actually never smoked Hookah before but have wanted to try it.  Unfortunately I can't get any of my friends up here to go with me and I'd feel like a dork going in by myself lol.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

royjovero

They use Starbuzz shisha there, so I wouldn't recommend them. Starbuzz flavor runs out quick. I've heard of people bringing their own hookahs for the weekend.

avemcul

Quote from: royjovero on May 18, 2012, 06:50:44 PM
They use Starbuzz shisha there, so I wouldn't recommend them. Starbuzz flavor runs out quick. I've heard of people bringing their own hookahs for the weekend.

I would be down for people bringing their hookahs. Its cheaper and way more convenient that way, I think. :)
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

duckirby

i have my lil hookah (douglas) could someone trade contact info with me so we can meet up?

jolliBEAST

hmm.. Ive never been a fan of hookah bars. But if anyone can PM me meet-up info w/ their own hookah(s), I could join!

royjovero

I've got two hookahs, a 4-hose and my favorite 1-hose. Still debating on whether or not to bring them...

duckirby

Ok so I'm bring my lil hookah, call or txt my cell phone cus I won't be on my iPad that much... Unless they have wifi. My name is trae Kirby btw (571)575-3352 YESSSS this is the right area code  hmu anytime during the con so we can smoke and if anyone has there hookah maybe we can get together and group smoke... I have star buzz tho :( ima buy another before the con

jolliBEAST

^ got it.

We need a room er some kind of place.

And more peoples lol