Roman Catholic church

Started by Kpmonkeygirl, May 18, 2012, 10:46:34 PM

Kpmonkeygirl

I was getting excited, and packing my clothes (I know, I am packing a week early! Too excited!) for this event, then I thought; "Wait....mass clothes.....MASS! I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY TOO!" So, for those who have gone the years before, what mass did you go to? what Roman Catholic Church? Maybe we can get a group of other Catholics to go? O.o Maybe......
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

nstarz

I use to go to this one...

Probably the best looking one in San Jose.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=5631740884247356288&gl=us&t=h&cd=1&cad=src:ppiwlink&ei=L9W5T4LRG4SziQLdp8EK&sig2=pnDThfuvf4sLHUW4F14FfQ&dtab=5

The Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph is a large Roman Catholic church located in Downtown San Jose

avemcul

I was actually thinking about this as well! I might check out that cathedral though. :)
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

dangs

Ahh! I have to go to mass too. What time does mass start on Sunday at the cathedral? That would be cool if we as go a group to church haha :).
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Angel Beats! -Otonashi Yuzuru
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi
K-project -Totsuka Tatara

avemcul

If someone can find a schedule for the masses, I would be down to go as a group with everyone. I would preferably want something in the morning though.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

Kpmonkeygirl

I just remembered there is a great church in San Jose to go to! Our Lady of Peace! Though, it is usually crowded. >.> Maybe we should all go together!

avemcul

Oh, I've heard of that one! Where in SJ is that one? I'm actually going with a couple of friends from my youth ministry, so I'll toss the idea to them.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

llaaannniiii

i dont mind going to mass as well!! lmk when you guys arrange a time :)

Alix777

I would like to go to mass in a group as well and any Catholic church would be just fine.

Kpmonkeygirl

http://www.olop-shrine.org/

I have been to this, and it is good. In fact, we used to drive the 2 hours JUST to get to this nice mass!

Here are the times;

Regular Mass Schedule                 

Sunday Vigil
5:00 pm
7:30 pm
Sundays
7:30 am
9:00 am
10:30 am
12:00 Noon
5:00 pm
6:30 pm (Spanish Mass)
8:00 pm

I won't be able to go to the ones after Sunday noon.

avemcul

I'm all for the 9am or 10:30am one. Is it close to the convention center?
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

dangs

Isn't our lady of peace in Santa Clara? I think that's to far for me... I'm not bringing my car to the con, so that is out of the question. I remember going to our lady of piece church a few times with my family.

I checked out the Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph and it's the closest one to the con maybe like 10 mins of walking.
I checked the mass times Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph for sunday and it is on

Sunday
English: 8:30am and 11:30am

So if you want to go there we have 2 choices one at 8:30 or the other at 11:30 unless you want to go to spanish mass. I don't think language makes a difference as long as you go to mass, it's all good. The time for those is Spanish: 10:00am, 1:00pm, and 5:30pm
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi

avemcul

Oh wow, I didn't know it was in Santa Clara. Yeah, I think that would be kind of inconvenient to some people that didn't drive. I have my car, but it's pretty tiny and I could only fit in three other people, so St. Joseph would be easier for everyone.

Any of the English times are fine with me. I don't mind the Spanish masses, but I would prefer to understand what everyone is saying so I won't be so lost and confused, lol.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

llaaannniiii

I think id like to go to the 11:30 mass pls :)

Alix777

The Saint Joseph sounds just fine and I'm alright with any of the times.

dangs

Yea, if you need someone to go with to the Saint Joesph add me on facebook or send me a pm for my phone number not sure if everyone wants to go as a group, but if you don't want to go alone I can go with you. I am okay with whatever time of mass too.
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi