Procrastinated on getting an ID

Started by Pen2AndyP, May 20, 2012, 01:10:38 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


I just recently turned 18, with a lot of excitement going towards going to the panels and doing things I couldn't before, however, I've managed to procrastinate getting an ID from all the excitement. Is there anyway I can still go to them, or any other form of ID I can use?


I'm not too sure but if you get a state id you get a temporarily one.
Well that's at lest true when you get your drivers licence. I'm not 100% sure on the id only ones.. But either way get now why put it off.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List


I don't know how Driver's Licenses work, but with a state ID, they do NOT give you a temporary one. They just give you a little piece of paper that has your number and information, but since it doesn't have a picture, it's not usable as identification. At this point, it's probably too late for you, since it took me about a week to recieve mine. So I doubt they'll let you into the 18+ rooms. It sucks, but to be fair, you did have time to get an ID...
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14


Do you still live with your parents? If so, I'm thinking that consent form thing can be used even though you're now an adult. If you have a school ID, I'd probably go to the DMV and get the ID slip thing from them and bring it with your picture ID. Shoot, bring a copy of your birth certificate as well.

Or, just email and tell them your story. That would likely be your best bet.


Do you have a Drivers License? Those do have your birthday on them so it MIGHT work to prove your 18. Don't quote me though, I'm not a staff member so I can't say for sure but I assume it would be okay. I would definitely email or PM a staff member now so you can be sure before you get there.

MPLe has always given me quick and accurate replies.


Quote from: Makise09 on May 20, 2012, 12:20:30 PMMPLe has always given me quick and accurate replies.
I really just type out random answers, give them all a number, and then use to pick what my posted answer will be.

In this case, it's: There is some great food to be had at Pizza-My-Heart.

Erm, I mean...

We just posted a news article that might be relevant to Pen2AndyP. If you didn't pre-register, there might be other options but I am not 100% aware of them (e-mail ).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!


I mean, I'd probably manage to find some way to pick up my badge one way or the other, but I mean how about 18+ panels and events, Some friends and I were excited about this, and some of us forgot to get our IDs. I'm going to the DMV first thing in the morning and getting whatever it is I can, and thanks for the replies. I hope well all be able to enjoy the con, thanks.


I believe I can attempt to partially answer the part about the more adult rooms.  Since I have been to one or two over the years  ;).

Government issued photo id, with a birthday, is what you will need. Whether that is a drivers license, passport, a general id card from the DMV (I had one when I was 8 because I did a lot of flying).  If you do not have something that has a photo of you, and your birthday on it; it will be really difficult if not impossible to get in.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second



Washington issues temporary ID's and Drivers Licenses with a photo, I don't know about other states though.


Quote from: Zero_Kirby on May 22, 2012, 12:53:45 AM
school ID or Passport
A school ID will not gain you entry to an 18+ panel or showing.