wait time for day 0 after 6pm

Started by llaaannniiii, May 23, 2012, 10:18:34 AM

llaaannniiii

hey you guys! ive never been to day 0 before and i was wondering if i line up between 6 and 730, normally how long would the wait be? Most likely ill get there around 7 though

YoureMyHiro

It really depends, since registration is from 4-8pm Thursday, you may be in for a 30 to 60 minute waiti depending on the condition of the line. In years past, in the later part of the evening, the line would shorten a great deal allowing people to pass through quickly however last year staff was busy all the way up til 8PM. In fact I believe they had to cut off the line and even put in some extra work to make sure everyone remaining in line prior to 8pm was taken care of.

llaaannniiii

Junon

Last year I was in line for nearly 3 hours after arriving after 5pm.

Nikkiolie

I really hope you didn't show up at that time. I fear that you may have not gotten your badge. I got in line around 2pm and got my badge around 7:30.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Akita

I got there at around 3:30, and left without getting a badge
sigh, really sigh...

oh well

Junon

Quote from: Junon on May 24, 2012, 12:04:27 PM
Last year I was in line for nearly 3 hours after arriving after 5pm.

Not this time buddy. I was in line for 6 hours. So far, Fanime 2012 is starting off quite badly.

M

Quote from: Junon on May 25, 2012, 12:07:10 AMNot this time buddy. I was in line for 6 hours. So far, Fanime 2012 is starting off quite badly.
We apologize for the super delay. =/
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

abcbadcat

Got there at 5:30 and left around 10

Went upstairs for the swap meet and it was moved to the Fairmont hotel

I was too tired and frustrated to walk over so I left

Easily the worst first day con experience to date (as a five year veteran)

Face. F#*%&!@. Palm.

kookiekween99

Was there from 4 to 10. Yeah, it was kind of an icky experience, but I really didn't get upset about it. I'm sure staff did the best they could.

What upset me though was the fact that they closed Swap Meet early, so we had to miss it. ;/
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14