Same cosplay twice in a row.

Started by Freud, May 26, 2012, 08:59:43 PM

Freud

They're fine as long as they're clean right? If you sweat over a cosplay of course you have to atleast spray it.

Dracil

Honestly I don't think most people care.  Plus you give people who are only here for one day an extra chance to see your cosplay.

EJAY420

Yeah, nobody really gives a shizo.
Most Impressive.

bahamutknightzero

I've always been curious about this kind of thing

SOawesomeness

I dont sweat or smell so when I cosplay, I rewear. And since it is mostly fragile, I dont wash them either. >>. Honestly though, I rarely sweat! And I thankfully dont have BO. If I do, my BO smells of roses and candy and unicorns :)
Everyone who knows me well IRL can attest to this.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SweetNiar

I didnt get to wear mine long enough to have a chance to sweat in it this year XD  The shoes were killing my feet so i had to change back into plane clothes

Xanreo

I've never worn a cosplay twice so I'm curious about this too.

Do cosplayers wash or somehow clean their elaborate cosplays?
I'm not talking about the armor stuff but the fabrics.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Bushido

Since I have an armored costume, I just use a towel and wipe off the moisture. Then leave it outside my bin to air out.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Purefire

What I do for mine is hand wash swest areas, and anything else that may of occured then air dry them. If you dont get the dirt off of them it doesnt breathe and you are likely to get a stink. Two days is without wash is fine though, three days is kind of pushing it, four days.....

Firefury Amahira

At the very least, be sure to air the costume out and Febreeze it or something between uses to mitigate to potential stink problem.
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Maskenlav

use the hotel's laundry to wash the costume and shower EVERY morning/night lol I wore mine for 3 days straight and nobody gave me any problems about it. If you didn't have access to washers the best bet would be what others said or use lightly scented wipes :)
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Charis

I can't wash most of my costumes, so what I do is wear a layer underneath that I can wash, or make the layer against my skin something washable -- the juuban on a kimono, a very thin t-shirt, things like that.  I air the costume overnight, and change that underlayer if I'm wearing it back-to-back.

If you do go with wipes or febreeze, PLEASE don't use heavily scented ones.  It does nothing except provide a different kind of stink.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Peacebunnie

A few days late to point this out, I know, but I second using unscented wipes/febreeze/anything. Those of us with asthma troubles really have a bad time with heavily scented hygiene items.
HELLO CAFFINO SHANKS COSPLAYER!!
Cosplaying: Tendo Kasumi, Ghost Princess Perona, Okita Souji, Time skip Perona, Takani Megumi.
Now planning: Boa Hancock (for friend), Chambara-style Batman (for me).