Is there a list of the 2012 FMV contest finalists online somewhere?

Started by dburr, May 26, 2012, 10:22:45 PM

dburr

I checked both here and at amv.org but couldn't find one.  Unfortunately we didn't make it to the main showing on Friday, and we were late to today's re-show and never received a ballot.  There were quite a few vids that I loved, but never caught their names, plus we missed quite a few (from Action I believe) and would love to look them up.
Otaku no Podcast, your source for news, reviews and commentary on all things anime and manga

Tsu

I don't have a list, but the coordinator always posts a full list after the con.  If you're willing to wait a few days, there'll be one.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Gintoki23

Here, I kept a ballot so I'll just post the video names here:
Action:
Welcome to the Pirate Age
Hands up!
Bebop Zone
Obsession
Extreme Ways
Until Then...
Avenencia
ENKA. M. V
Little Cream Soda
IRL
Undead Obsessions
The Perfect Deviant Blade
Skillex MEP (High School of the Dead)
Drama:
You Bring the Color
The Great Escape
V Izluchine Dona: In the bend of the Do Makam
THe Red Letter
Electric Girl
Friends Forever
Fate Matrix
Say Goodbye to Yesterday
Who Need Enemies?
Truncating Littlewood's Law
Here We are
Everything's All Right
EVOL
No Soul, No Light
Simple Little Melody
Comedy:
A Brainless Video
She Turned my Dad on
Manly Tears
Safety Dance
FULLMETAL'S BACK
Ballad of the Nice Guy
Experimental:
Tenshi Has Been Modified
Evil Island
Chosen
Live!
Its Di Gi Dupstep Nyo!

If you need anymore information, I'll gladly post it. ;3
When people see their breath...
Most People:"Its cold!"
Me:"THERE ARE GHOSTS AMONG US!"

Brozerker

Do you happen to know what the anime set to "Internet Friends" by Knife party was? Right after the "you're going to die" part, it showed a bunch of S.Q.U.A.T. looking people running somewhere and the rest of the video featured shoolgirls fighting with some form of elemental magic (i think).

Tsu

Jail Bait

I remember watching one of the winners, and it had an awesome song. It was the video with zombies and super-boobie physics. Can anyone tell me what song that was?

Kayog

@ Jail Bait

It could be from Action category AMV Title: Skillex MEP, Song Artist: Skrillex, Song Title: First of the Year  Anime: High School of the Dead,
or 
Comedy Category, AMV Title: A Brainless Video, Song Artist: Evil Dead/The Musical, Song Title: What the **** Was That, Anime: Highschool of the Dead

dburr

Quote from: Gintoki23 on May 29, 2012, 09:45:23 AM
Here, I kept a ballot so I'll just post the video names here:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!
Otaku no Podcast, your source for news, reviews and commentary on all things anime and manga

cassz

Will any of the FMVs be uploaded?  There were a few I loved, but I haven't found them on animemusicvideos.org.

Tsu

They're never uploaded onto Fanime- I imagine a combo of space constraints and legal issues. Try checking Youtube, too. Some people don't upload their vids until they've finished the con circuit, either, so make sure to try again later.

dburr

Quote from: cassz on May 31, 2012, 05:34:10 PM
Will any of the FMVs be uploaded?  There were a few I loved, but I haven't found them on animemusicvideos.org.

I've started gathering up links to the ones I could find.  Please check it out.  I'm updating this post as I find more of them.  Of course if you know where some of them are that I don't have yet, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.  Also there are some that I am not 100% sure of; if you know that I got them wrong (or right) i'd also like to hear about it.  Thanks!

http://otakunopodcast.com/2012/05/31/fanimecon-2012-amv-contest-finalists/

Tsu

I'll take a look around and see if I can find any that you haven't located yet, but you have the wrong one listed for "Chosen". It's not available online yet... I have some tweaks to do.  :)

Edit: Your listing for "Welcome to the Pirate Age", "The Great Escape" (you might want to use the link listed below the video for the sub-less version), "The Red Letter", "Who Needs Enemies", are correct. "Say Goodbye to Yesterday" isn't, it had multiple anime (not just Naruto). I think the Di Gi Dubstep one is right. (I doubt there's many Di Gi videos with Skrillex...)

Gaki

That's also the wrong one for the "No Soul, No Light" (that was mine).  Hasn't been uploaded nor submitted anywhere besides Fanime, so me and Jose/the AMV staff should have the only copies.

It'll be online eventually, but I may do some tweaks first. 
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

Marin Jei El

Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]

Atikal

I'm pretty sure that's not all of them. What about Under! Where? by Crossfade and the Lip Synching to the song?

Tsu

Quote from: Atikal on May 14, 2013, 07:55:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not all of them. What about Under! Where? by Crossfade and the Lip Synching to the song?

I don't know anything about a Crossfade video, but for the lipsyncing one... Are you talking about the one that was almost 100% lip-synched and primarily focused on a band playing throughout the vid? And was it in Experimental? If so, that's the 4th entry in Experimental, "Live!" to Linkin Park's "Bleed it Out". It's on the list. :)