Missed Connections Fanime 2012

Started by h-chan, May 27, 2012, 11:40:29 PM

h-chan

I felt like this should totally exist. The craigslist version is generally pretty romantic. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a thread where you can reach out to a person you saw at con that you would like to get to know outside of con. It doesn't matter if you actually talked to them or you just really wanted to, but didn't have the courage or otherwise. Let's make <3 connections!
If they were a cosplayer, please include their character name and series they were from if you know it. Otherwise do your best to describe them along with the time and location you spotted them. Feel free to add a photo of them or yourself for reference. If you are a friend of someone mentioned in the thread, please make sure they see "their" post!

h-chan

To the Kurono Kei cosplay of Gantz I saw late Saturday evening -

I yelled "I love you Kei!" to which you turned around and smiled. A while later you passed by again and sweetly gave me the hug I requested. Damn you are cute (especially when you smile)! If you see this message, PM me  ;)

Iron Uhura

mdarkpoet

To the badass guy in the dealer's hall who conversed with me about my Revy costume. Should totally add me on Facebook!

Uhm... the girl I met in the line who did my Revy tattoo. You were awesome, I believe I still have your DeviantArt.

To the guy with the headphones who helped me wave my Polish flag to cover the signs of the protesters. I kept seeing you in the elevators.

Anyone who hugged me in my Ryo-Ohki space rabbit costume

THE PERSON IN THE ORANGE FUR WOLF SUIT THING! Omg I saw you at the con 40+ times, the first time I saw you at Jack In The Box then I just kept running into you. Add me O_O seriously you're awesome.

And any Gong Show participants.

Shoot me a message so I can get you on my Facebook/youtube/thing. <3

LastExile

H'okay.

The Sailor Mercury that I took a picture with as Radical Ed on Friday and on Sunday. You were really cool. Just wanted to inform you of that in case you didn't already know.

The red haired guy that was dressed up as some blue haired guy with a blue mask from Yaoi Bingo on Saturday night. You asked me to erase a virus from your computer and you promised me chocolate. I want my chocolate. Also, you were extremely funny, and I can appreciate that. Good job, you.

EDIT: Also, the short-haired blonde guy in the leather jacket who carried me on Friday night. I don't know if I gave you the impression that I was irritated at you or anything for carrying me, but I want you to know it was totes fine, I get picked up randomly and carried all the time by my friends on a pretty regular basis, and I didn't mind at all. Just wanted to clear that up.

bahamutknightzero

It may seem few and far between but I did want to give a few small shoutouts:

First to the group around midnight-1am on Saturday over at the Hilton that took the time to chat with me while I was waiting for a friend of mine to show up (and the suggestion of heading over to the rave to "shake my thang", really wanted to if I didn't feel so tired at that time.)

Another shoutout to the girl that was working the entrance door to E-gaming on Saturday afternoon that told me to arch my back and stick out my butt while I was in costume. Took the advice and applied it to the rest of the photos people took of me on Saturday and Sunday.

If I remember any more, I'll go ahead and make the shoutouts.

somegirlkatie

Sanji in the flower print shirt, you seriously made that One Piece Gathering for me. Thank you! c: I was the Nami in the White Skirt.

^-^ I wish I would of gotten your name, lol.

And the Nami who was dressed up in the same outfit as me, that was pretty great.

& The wonderful bunch of people I got stuck in the Marriott Elevator with for an hour! Great people. c: ESP, the cool pool guys.
& The hottub party we had on Sunday night. ^-^

Ellis

First off, to the Spitter at the Valve Gathering (x) You were the only one but I want to say how I fucking appreciate your costume and if you don't mind talking to a creeper like me, I'd love if you hit me up! Friends, naturally.

And to the dudes on Sunday (one of them already found me on tumblr):

YOU guys made my Sunday fucking amazing and I hope we could keep in contact! I only got one of your names, and it was the man next to the woman crouching in black to her right (not the dude to the suitcase.) Nick, wasn't it? You kept calling me queer (I know, it was because of my cosplay) but I wish I could of got your dudes' DA or tumblr or something. You guys were fucking AMAZING.
Hi! I'm looking for photos of me. I was Ellis on Friday/Sunday and Nick on Saturday. Both from the video game Left 4 Dead 2. If you have any pictures of me, please show me! <3 I was short, fat and had muddied-up/dirty clothing.

logtheman

I've always thought those post on Craigslist had absolutely no chance of connecting people...and yet I actually feel compelled to try this.

I ran into the most amazing Yuna on Sunday night (at like 11:00pm) in the gaming hall and can't stop thinking about her. Its crazy that you see hundreds and hundreds of people but one just gets stuck in your head.

Not only are you a great dancer (as I mentioned to you), but you also have a beautiful smile. I wanted to talk to you more when I took your picture, but you were busy dancing and talking to friends. I was waiting for the right timing and then next thing I know you left the hall. I looked for you today at the Con with no success.  

If you ever read this, I would love to actually talk to you sometime.

Maskenlav

I'm looking for a short gal with glasses who took a pic of me on saturday. I was wearing a butler costume with large black angel wings. I was also with a guy in a long red cape with a robotic left arm. You asked about if I was going to the Ball on sunday and said you'd be in an all black dress, which sadly I couldn't find you while at the Ball. I had described to you that I was going to be in an all black suit with a red bowtie. If you are here in this forum PLEASE PM me! I want to apologize for not being able to dance with you!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Freud

To the dude who loved my binder,

Binder loves you too.

kohana ichibana

To all the Avatar cosplayers new gen and old gen! I absolutely loved our unofficial gathering! You guys and gals were all amazing! (I was a Korra) and to the Amon that took my bending away, you are awesome!! XD I found out today I bruised my knees when I dropped down hahaha. Worth it. I also believe it was the same Amon that put his arm around myself and another Korra during one of the group shots. XD.
I need more Avatar friends to nerd out with.

Last one I promise, the Toph and Beifong... I love you ladies!
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

airanimechiic

i'm kinda looking for a canada that ran away in the beginning of the Hetalia 18+ panel this is what me, austria, and the replacement canada looked like http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/547695_3971079076094_1670281826_n.jpg and if that canada (not the one in the photo) happen to recognize me- i guess i'd like to keep in touch or smthing :)
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Saturnchan

To the Journey spirit who handed out scarf pieces to people who took their picture:

You absolutely made my whole trip down from the hotel on Saturday night worth it. Thank you for adding to my already wonderful con, and I will take very good care of the scarf piece X3

Sincerely, Journey fan from the Marriott who loved your costume and the time and detail you put into making to glow <3
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]

sleeperstar

I totally made an account to do this.

I met you while dancing on Saturday night at the dance.  It must of been some crazy hour in the morning; maybe 1am?  You were a fantastic dancer, and I loved your blue eye contacts.  You were dressed as a ninja, I would of been able to recognize you if you had taken off your facemask.  I have to admit though, the mystery was what made it so cool.

I was in my "casual Rarity" outfit.  I didn't catch your name after I left for some water.  I was lucky to run into you again in the game room, and when I asked for your name, you said, "Truth".  You were surprised to see I was a "pegasister" (though the term you said was "brony", haha).  I wasn't sure if that's what you said, given that it was 3am, my 3 hours of sleep, or what have you, but I hoped I would meet you again.  You asked for my facebook but I was too tired to sit down and try to figure out how to find me (as it is difficult).  Unfortunately I didn't wear the same outfit as I woke too late, and I never saw you again.  If you are reading this, or if you knew someone who was looking for a purple-haired unicorn, PM me.  I'll show a photo. :]

Hope to meet you again, you were awesome.

Mod edit: its called a dance

h-chan

You are all awesome! I wish everyone posting here the best of luck and let us know if you finally find who you are looking for! Keep the posts coming!

CryX4

I met a girl playing a Harmonica in front of Fanime May 26th, Saturday. She had a cup for collecting change and other tips people would give her as she played her Harmonica inside a Haruhi Style School Uniform. You were gentle and kind enough to allow me to take a picture. I left a fair tip, I wish it was a larger bill. My true regret was not offering you my phone number or a name. I would love to hear your Harmonica one more time, Harmonica Girl.
Even though I just met you, and it might have been crazy, I wish you would call me, maybe, Harmonica Girl.
Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my num- that's just a 5 dollar bill.

Kabuki

to the few mori girls i saw from a distance while sitting behind my table at AA!

I'm pretty shy and I'd feel awkward to project my voice but I just want to say you ladies are adorable and there are actually some of us around! I was actually happy to see some of you although I don't think you ladies saw me n_n;;;;

Onyx.Voice

I registered just to make this... Because there's a few people I wanted to address.

First is Joe Knoll, who I said I would find and hang out with for a bit on one of the days, but for the life of me COULD NOT FIND. I guess it's a big con, but I still feel a little bad for not trying harder. > 3 <
Second is the guy I made friends with while playing Soul Calibur in my Patroklos (... from Soul Calibur.) Costume. He had so many nice things to say, I wish I even had the chance to thank him before he had to leave. :c
Last is every photographer / film artist who took photos / videos of me. I got a lot of your information on my brother's iPod, but when he thought I'd written them down he deleted the memo. So now, I have no information or a way to write a formal thank you note to those people, which I really wish I could have done D:

And just... a general thanks to everyone who complimented me. Everyone at this con is so nice, it's literally one of the best places on earth!

Kayog

To the girl that asked me directions to the Black and White Ball that was wearing a Loltia dress on Sunday Night.

I wish I was able to talk to you longer. I though that we would be able to get to know each other at the dance, but you were stopped by Black and White Ball Fanime staff saying that your dress was 2in too short and you were not able to come in. I should have walked out of the ball and spent the evening with you, but I thought about it too late.

I was wearing black shoes, black slacks, and a button short sleeve black shirt. I am 6ft 3in tall and half Asian/half white.

I hope you see this message and would be willing to pm me. It would be great to chat with you again.    

L0Lpants

/
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14