Missed Connections Fanime 2012

Started by h-chan, May 27, 2012, 11:40:29 PM

AbsolutelyCursed

This is to young lady I danced with at the B&W ball on Sunday night. You wore a long green wig along with a long green dress. We actually did exchange names and had a very nice conversation. I was flattered that you asked if I was at least 18 years old and you wondered if I was a sparkling vampire, thank you.

You mentioned that you cosplayed as Yoko from Gurren Lagann at Fanime and that you are from the Central Valley, Tulare to be exact. It was unfortunate that we couldn't continue the conversation. If you see this send me a pm.

Btw, I was the tall guy with glasses if that helps.

el_caifan

To the Stocking i met at the dealers hall on saturday, you were with your brother, buying dvds. Loved your outfit, asked to take your pic. you were extremely patient and extremely detailed in telling me about the character, series, and how you made the outfit. I wanted to ask for your info but i had just met you and you were with your brother. Didnt seem right. Well, if you read this, pm to inbox, would definitely like to talk.   
somos como gatos en celo
somos una célula que explota
y esa no la paras, no la paras
no, no

kane64

I just remembered... there was someone dressed up as sexy Thelma from Scooby-doo, and I really regret not get a pic, let alone talk to her. :(
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

xkookiexx

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 08, 2012, 02:05:58 PM
When asking for photos -with- someone, please make it clear that you are asking for a photo -with- them and not -of- them. Also, ask before you touch the cosplayer. Always. Please. This is important. I don't tend to take pictures with fans except on rare occasion (say, they are a huge fan of whatever obscure JRPG I'm cosplaying, or they are 6 years old, or they are another cosplayer who might have something matching [I got matching large hammer shots with the Thor cosplayer, for example], etc.), but I started to this year because so many people were asking for a pic of me and then jumping into the shot themselves. This is even worse when they then proceed to put their arms around with without permission, since I really don't like to be touched (and some of my costumes are fragile). Again, if the cosplayer seems uncomfortable, say, they are trying to squirm away from your grip, watch for that and apologize.
Oh, I feel like a creeper now :c During my first two years at Fanime, I asked for permission to put my arm around cosplayers before taking a picture. There would always be an awkward pause before they said "Of course!" However, for this year, whenever I asked to take a picture with cosplayers, I automatically put my arm/hand around their shoulder. It's not like a threw my entire arm around them, but rather place my hand on their shoulder lightly so I wouldn't look so awkward in the picture. Most of the cosplayers did the same or posed. I stopped asking since I thought it sounded so awkward/creeper-ish... I feel bad now ;n;

On a similar note, there were these two cosplayers dressed as the twins from Ouran High School Host Club that kind of invaded my personal space (as seen in my icon). Personally, I didn't feel too uncomfortable with it, just surprised. After they agreed to take a picture with me, my friend with the camera moved so I was momentarily confused. They spun me in the right direction then posed by kissing me on the face. I guess my bewilderment showed on my face since they patted me on the back before I left. That was actually the second time I experienced a similar situation from people cosplaying as the twins. I guess they were just in character owo

I'm also sorry if this is getting off-topic >>

Nina Star 9

Oh, I don't think that qualifies at all! Putting your hand lightly on someone's shoulder to balance a photo isn't the same as, say, grabbing someone by the waist without warning for a photo. I doubt that most people have problems with people doing the former (I know I don't, though a little heads-up would be nice), I'm talking more about the latter. Even putting your arm actually around someone's shoulders can be a bit much. Maybe not quite creeper-status, but it certainly weirds me out when a stranger thinks that they can put their hands all over me just because I'm in a costume. (It hasn't happened to me, thankfully, but I've also heard stories of people using photos and free hugs and the like as an excuse to feel up a cosplayer -- obviously, that's not cool at all)

Some people are also a little too quick to use the "creeper" label, I think. ;P It's usually a combination of things, rather than one single thing, unless it's one single particualrly bad thing (feeling up cosplayers, taking upskirt shots, etc.). Some people are too paranoid either way (too paranid of "creepers," or too paranoid of being labeled as one)

We are going a bit off-topic, aren't we?

To bring it back, I'm still wondering if anyone knows who the Raynie (Radiant Historia) cosplayer was. I've only found that one picture of her on ACP, and the cosplayer herself isn't tagged. Maybe I'll have better luck over at cosplay.com. I love that game (and cosplay from it myself... I'm the Eruca on the RH tag on ACP! [short blonde wig, armor, gun, princessy look]), and would love to find another cosplayer from it, especially now that I know there is one on the west coast!

short_storiesgl

Glad to see a bunch of these Missed Connections came from the Dance (not B&W)
This makes me happy.
Dance Staff Second

MadameFox

Quote from: The Hatter on June 08, 2012, 05:13:08 PM
To the girl that came up to me and told me they really liked my costume, I apologize for not conversing.  I was very drunk, had just started a prescription to Adderall, and at a complete loss for words.  I now feel like a big jerk.

I was the steam punk hatter.
Which one? The one with the giant dark green Top Hat and awesome black collar/mask?

AALanline

To the Servbot army you guys were awesome, stay classy.

The Hatter

t

The Hatter

Quote from: MadameFox on June 22, 2012, 10:12:37 PM
Quote from: The Hatter on June 08, 2012, 05:13:08 PM
To the girl that came up to me and told me they really liked my costume, I apologize for not conversing.  I was very drunk, had just started a prescription to Adderall, and at a complete loss for words.  I now feel like a big jerk.

I was the steam punk hatter.
Which one? The one with the giant dark green Top Hat and awesome black collar/mask?

Nope, the one with the bionic monicle, green suit jacket and this hat:
http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mad-hatter-hat-movie.html?source=googleps&gclid=CPylldjFyLECFaMaQgodr2MA_A

heidipak

1.  Any & all Hei (Darker than Black) cosplayers who mysteriously avoided me, I don't know if you were just really in character or terrified/disgusted of me for various reasons--I will try again next year, I just wanted a picture!!!

2.  Male Sebastian (Black Butler) cosplayer who was staying at Hyatt Place, you were perfection.  Have a blessed day.

3.  Yuki, Yuki, & Natsuki (Tsuritama) cosplayers; you were essentially the highlight of Fanime for me.  Thank you for the sheer awesome that you all were.  Enoshima Don! <3

4.  Official Fanime Photographer for Hetalia Gathering - You were wearing a coral shirt.  Thank you for being in the middle of ALL my pictures.  -__-
Fanime 2013

0 - Russell (Up)
1 - Azusa Nakano (K-On!!)
2 - Yukio Okumura (Blue Exorcist)
3 - Vriska Serket - God Tier (Homestuck)
4 - Nepeta Leijon (Homestuck)

Bear_Evans

This is Gareth I danced with you "Terra" at the B&W Ball I was the really tall bald white guy. I was the guy that asked you for the dance just after your friend was. I would like to get to know you better.

dankeykang

Nobody is looking for me ;( I guess that's what I get for not making much conversation ahahahaha.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: glorificus on April 05, 2013, 09:09:33 PM
Nobody is looking for me ;( I guess that's what I get for not making much conversation ahahahaha.
I think most people are too embarrased to post on this thread.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

dankeykang

Quote from: Lucifargundam on April 05, 2013, 09:15:12 PM

I know I certainly would be. My post was mostly a joke though because I'm terribly shy and always choose cosplay a with like a helmet or mask so I don't have to talk much. Ex: I was the mini female pedo bear last year

Lucifargundam

Quote from: glorificus on April 05, 2013, 09:19:52 PM

I know I certainly would be. My post was mostly a joke though because I'm terribly shy and always choose cosplay a with like a helmet or mask so I don't have to talk much. Ex: I was the mini female pedo bear last year
There were alot of pedobears D: You couldve been mistaken for someone else. I unno...

dankeykang

Quote from: Lucifargundam on April 05, 2013, 09:29:58 PM

There were alot of pedobears D: You couldve been mistaken for someone else. I unno...

Well I was the ultra small one; I'm only 4'10. Hahaha. The giant pedo bear and I took a bunch of pictures together. I was like half his size xD

Lucifargundam

Quote from: glorificus on April 05, 2013, 09:34:04 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on April 05, 2013, 09:29:58 PM

Well I was the ultra small one; I'm only 4'10. Hahaha. The giant pedo bear and I took a bunch of pictures together. I was like half his size xD
Well don't feel bad about not being mentioned because the same went for me XD

udonoodle

Haha! I wish this had been created years ago :(