Missed Connections Fanime 2012

Started by h-chan, May 27, 2012, 11:40:29 PM

PinkHairSasuke

This seems pretty legit. I wanna try since I pretty much don't trust CL too much haha

This is to all the girls I danced with at the Black and White Ball(That sounds really bad haha) Anyway, I was the Sasuke in the formal wear. I had red contacts(aka Sharingan) and the Sasuke wig with some pink streaks in it. I think it'd be nice to get to know you girls better, I feel as though our conversations were cut off right when they were getting going. Hopefully one of you sees this  :)

Miyu_Mya

This shout out is going to all the 10th doctors from Doctor Who Cosplayers. You guys were freakin sexy. Especially the 10th doctor that was eating ice cream/ yogurt who waved at me when my friend honked the horn to get your attention for me. :D I was in the blue car.
I think yogurt/Ice Cream 10th Doctor was also the same one walking in the dealer's hall with Captain Jack Harkness. You rock that cute face!
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

DarkenedWings

I've got two:

- To the Waldo cosplayer in line behind me at pre-reg on Friday: I had a lot of fun chatting with you and counting up how many people walked by and yelled "I FOUND YOU!"  (I believe we made it to fifty in about an hour and a half?)  It made the two and a half hour wait go by a little quicker, haha.  I had to rush off as soon as we got to the front of the line, so I didn't get a chance to catch any of your contact info and I'd like to keep in touch!

- Not necessarily something that needs following up, but to the incredible Ezio cosplayer who walked by our little ragtag Persona 4 group on the first floor of the con hall really late on Sunday night/Monday morning: We jokingly called out "ASSASSINO!" as you walked by and you pretty much had the best reaction I've ever seen.  Jumping behind the closest pillar, hiding for a few seconds, and then walking off slowly while blending the whole way?  You had us in stitches, and we'd had a really terrible night, so thank you so much for making us laugh. 

Armored-Heart

Worth a shot!

There was a Big Macintosh cosplayer who was also Dirk Strider for the Black and White Ball; he'd probably recognize me as the Galloping Gala Pinkie Pie, since we shared a couple of dances at Ball. He had asked for my number but I didn't have my phone on me (nor had my number memorized) and I realized too late that I could've just given him my email or facebook or something. TAT; I really enjoyed his company that evening and would love to keep in touch. :3
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

KIY-Nyarlathotep

Odds are this won't be read by the person I'm thinking of, but I can't shake the feeling of regret I got from not being able to apologize. I was wearing a bright-red silky shirt/dress thing with black pants, a rainbow cloak, and a feathered hat . We met on Friday evening when you were wearing a blue and white dress with a penguin hat and doll. There was something very interesting about your personality that went very well with your innocent beauty that I just couldn't quite get out of my head.

We saw each other again on Saturday, which was probably a terrible idea as I was extremely drunk (I hope from your point of view, not the most flattering state for someone to be in). I'm not sure if you thought I had some sort of sick intentions or was just making you feel uncomfortable, but I would've loved to have seen you again so I could apologize for my behavior. Not to mention I'm sure you could have come up with even more fun dares for me to do, since my two friends were very unimaginative in that department.

Cheers~

TheCaffeineQueen

To the nice guys outside the Fairmont hotel around 1am Sunday night;

I was out sketching and having a cigarette, and you very thankfully cockblocked/saved me from a random dude who was hitting on me - it was Zachary cosplaying as a male Barnaby, and his friend with black/red hair also wearing a 'Neko' sweatshirt (he had on the turquoise one, I had one the purple) who drew a really nice sketch of me, for me, in my own sketchbook - You guys hung out with me for maybe 10-15 minutes at the most, but it was really nice - I kept an eye out but didn't see either of you (or maybe just didn't recognize you, lol) the next/last day of Con.

If anyone knows them, or if you happen to see this, I just wanted to thank you for chilling with me, and providing some good company & welcome distraction; I'd love to add you on Facebook and return the favor drawing a sketch for you guys, but if not I hope to see you next year!

Along the same lines: to the table playing 'Munchkin' Saturday night in the upstairs lobby; my friend Alex & I joined (or really he played, I made jokes), but it was a really fun time, so thanks!

- Natasha

BonjourHoney

To the people staying in room 446 at the Fairmont: I forgot to get all of your guys' contact info! (I think I had too much wine that evening >_<; ) But it was awesome getting to have an improv party (and I'm surprised we managed to figure out your guys' room from across the way!).

But this isn't only for them; this is for all the people late Sunday night at the Fairmont who were having dance parties in their windows! You guys were all awesome! Even for those that just waved a 'hello,' you were awesome too.

But yes, names - I remember Rachael, Evan, Courtney, Danielle, and ... Justin was it? Either way if any of you see this, message me! I hope we can keep in touch, and maybe see each other next Fanime!

(Oh and I was the one in the vkei/aristocrat - Kamijo - cosplay :D Cultural immersion, remember? xD).
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

pandrogyny

To the Drunk!Tenth Doctor cosplayer roaming around on sunday night/early monday morning; You probably didn't even notice me sitting off to the side of the concourse (Hilton side) with my friends, but I just wanted to say you were awesome and made my night. If I hadn't been so sleep deprived, I would have gone over to say hello, really. I'd love to run with you. ; u;~

otakuotome

Let's see if I can remember them all:

Kusuriuri cosplayer: You were awesome. Your outfit was beautiful. Your dancing was awesome too. Thanks for giving me a hug.

Other Professor Layton: You were fun, and I'm sorry I couldn't play chess. Let's both get Lukes next time!

Persona 4 You Panel Yosuke: You're Cute

Yuki from tsuritama: You're CUTE

the tall Natsuki and Yuki: I didn't see you persay, but I saw a picture my friend Haru took of you and you looked fabulous

Wataru Hibiki-Ensemble Stars
Nagai Kei- Ajin: Demi Human
Chise- The Ancient Magus Bride

Kayog

Hello everyone,

I posted this before, but I added more to the story and felt justified in reposting.

I am looking for an asian? girl was wearing a Loltia/maid dress black/white? and a light colored shawl. On Sunday Night, around 9pm, she came up to me when I was walking through the park and ask where the black and white ball was located. I told her that she should follow me because I was going the same way. We had a small conversation about ballroom dancing, and I felt that I had chemistry with her. I was going to ask more about herself, but she was stopped by Black and White Ball Fanime staff saying that your dress was 2in too short and she was not allowed to come in. I wish I left the building with her and got to know her better, but my lack of sleep/foresight prevented me from seeing this opportunity. Five minutes later, I realized my mistake, but she was long gone and I never saw her again.

My biggest regret for Fanime 2012 was not talking to this girl and I have been kicking myself ever since Sunday. If you know a girl like this, could you show/tell her about this post. I was wearing black shoes, black slacks, and a button short sleeve black shirt. I am 6ft 3in tall and half Asian/half white.

I know that it is a slim chance that I might find her on the internet, but it the only route that is open to me. If this post does get to you, could you PM me?

Thank you

will [ishida]

Quote from: otakuotome on May 29, 2012, 08:32:28 PM

the tall Natsuki and Yuki: I didn't see you persay, but I saw a picture my friend Haru took of you and you looked fabulous

Oh hey, that's me (Natsuki)! Thanks for the compliment; we loved your friend's Haru as well! If you wouldn't mind, I'd like a copy of that picture, since Yuki and I forgot to get any pictures with our own cameras...
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Rhornez

to the short girl wearing a blue hoodie who waited to play the drum arcade machine after me, i talked to you but never got your name :/

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Namu Dragon

My brother is looking for the other Excalibur cosplayer. You two apparently met up and talked for a bit. If anyone knows who that is, please pm me. That would be much appreciated.

Raydere

Looking for the folks who watched or participated in the Touhou Sky Arena tournament. I definitely had fun joking around with you folks (which included flipping you off any time you mentioned armpits ;) )
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Somebody

A couple of these shout outs I'd like to give!

To the gal in the beautiful blue and white dress at the Black and White Ball whom said she designed her own dress, I wanted to know more about it but didn't want to seem weird or distract you from your conversation any longer! If you see this I'd still like to ask you about it!

To the gal from ARC in Sacramento at the B&W Ball, thank you so much for the dances! Really topped off my night nicely to have a partner who knew what she was doing! :P

To the two gentlemen who were playing Para Para Saturday night- first off, you guys were completely awesome, but also thank you so much for your support and kindness! I truly love that game but was extremely embarrassed that I couldn't seem to pass a single round and almost gave up- thank you two for encouraging me to get back up and try it again. I finally caught my stride after a few more dollars, and you guys were seriously the  nicest people I've met at that machine.

To the Doctor Who cosplayer at the Black and White Ball, I hope I didn't weird you out by asking for a photo- I really wanted to dance with you but I don't know how to follow! I feel incredibly silly for not having seen Doctor Who but follow the fandom trifecta and appreciated your truly excellent cosplay- thanks for the photo!

To the Male Applejack cosplayer- I just saw a photo of you on a friend's picture of the MLP gathering and  I wish I could have found you to give your apple back! A friend of mine picked it up but didn't agree that we should go look for the lost and found because we were low on time so we moved it out of the way and propped it near where it fell. I would hope you found it! :(
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Raydere

Also! I met a Yuuka Kazami cosplayer at the Touhou gathering and Persona gatherings on Saturday, who I also saw last year while I was cosplaying as Wriggle. She and her friends (one of which was cosplaying a Shadow at the daytime Persona gathering) seem pretty chill and worth talking too, as we were at Hydration after the day gathering talking about various SMT games (not just Persona).

To her: If you see this, gimme a shoutout~ I could use more friends who are into the Shin Megami Tensei series as a whole :D
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

havok rt

First and this is a long shot Guy with a bike who came out the back of fairmount that I gave a cigarette to and you gave me a "Most Interesting Man in the World" cut out. me and my friend never saw you again that made us sad.

Also. Yo, awesome dude with the dreads that was play the sax all weekend, Its me the guy with the dos equis guy cut out. We hung out with you a bit everyday of the con. Still trying to see if you can play careless whisper at my friend's wedding reception. Edit: Never mind found you two threads down
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

MuMuMew

I Have two ^^!

Amanda - You cosplayed as Sailor Mars in line and hung out with me and my friends, :D we got along really well and we missed you! You did Loki too right? Er Can't remember, even though we saw each other 809809 times and stuff none of us bothered to ask for your contact info, so MY BAD. HAND IT OVER GURL :)

Midori guy! I loved your cosplay and you were just plain fun to talk to, hit me up dude if you see this! We can talk about Midori many and many a times again! ;D

PinkHairSasuke

Oh! I have one more! This is to the Princess Celestia cosplayer I saw on Friday. I just wanted to say thanks for stepping in as Lady Rainicorn for the Adventure Time Gathering to pose for Jake and Rainicorn pics, thanks for being so cool about it  :) I was the Jake that posed with you and (attempted) to serenade you without a viola haha

Darkstride

I have a few, all of which completely made my first time at Fanime [or any con] fantabulous.

To Sarah, the girl with the green hair and the sickmazing eyes from the dance[you cosplayed as Ramona, just not sunday] you are awesome! Hanging with you Sunday amazing! You are an awesome dancer, and I'd love to keep in contact with you, but I was lame and never once gave you any information D: Sorry our conversations got cut short, I couldn't find you or my friend after [my friends thought I was dead or disappeared and freaked out] I'd love to hear more about your adventures working to take down troubled children ten times your size. Hit me up and we could go to Evangaline's some time. :] [though, you, like me, weren't really into anime, so I'm hoping one of your friends you went with recognize you in this post. Short green hair, shaved in the back, septum piercing, love corsets and glitter mascara, live in a town I couldn't hear near antioch... ring a bell anyone?] and if not, then i'll at least see you next con.

The the Gamzee rover dancing and honking your horn in front of the dance all Sunday Night: Thanks for the dance battles! You did a fantastic job keeping an upbeat [haha] attitude for standing in front of a dance for 6+ hours, and also was the best Gamzee I saw all Fanime! Also good to know there are staff that know which trouble makers to keep an eye on. [and sorry for both sneaking up on you, and breaking your Casey in your hood the next day after not recognizing you... you looked shorter]

To the other two Travis Touchdowns out there: You two rock all the way to the Garden of Madness!

To everyone who recognized who I was [poorly] cosplayed as: Thanks for making my first con amazing! It wouldn't have been the same!

To anyone who played a boss from No More Heroes: Why did I not see you :[ I heard of two of you.
Hope to see more of you guys next year.

mod edit: its called a dance
Beep zoop deet

My costumes for 2013
Mecha Lincoln and Quote [cave story guy]

FANIME 2012 Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4133348450008.2172368.1172432936&type=1