WIFI log in problems? Bad signal?

Started by Maskenlav, May 28, 2012, 07:53:27 PM

Maskenlav

Did anyone else at the con have WIFI hotspot login issues or bad signal reception? I tried to login but it kept d/cing only to have my 4G burn up my battery life like wildfire when waiting to connect. Certain spots throughout the con had decent reception but places near stage zero had like 1 or 2 bars. Is it just my phone or is this like a common C.C. building problem for people? I hope this is common lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

M

This year seemed to be worse for AT&T (insert joke here). I didn't get a chance to use the wifi as I wasn't on that side of the convention center, but I saw many folks on their computers, so I'm not sure.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Kabuki

Sprint is pretty bad too. No reception in the AA especially

Wiccat

It was pretty bad.  I have AT&T 4G LTE and I couldn't get any reception at all.  I was in the artist alley all weekend.

Siddy

It was hard to maintain a connection in the convention. The only good spot I could find was in Exhibit Hall 3 near the wall.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Siddy on May 31, 2012, 01:42:14 PM
It was hard to maintain a connection in the convention. The only good spot I could find was in Exhibit Hall 3 near the wall.

right I had 4 there. And outside the con was great I had full bars, but like literally when you walk past those glass doors you lose EVERYTHING lol perhaps maybe the fanime chairman (who ever it was this time) can speak to the C.C. owners and see if they can amplify or improve their antennas or whatever they use.
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"