Post-Con Depression Support Group 2012

Started by PLUMPKIN, May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 PM

PLUMPKIN

Fanime Stages of Grief
-Denial: "Fanime is not over! I need to pick out a cosplay to wear tomorrow!"
-Anger: "Why does Fanime have to end?  This isn't fair!"
-Bargaining: "I'll do anything to have another day at Fanime!"
-Depression: "I'm so sad that Fanime is over.  I want to hole up in my room until 2013."
-Acceptance: "I can't wait 'til Fanime 2013!  I'm already planning my next cosplay!"

Seems like I'm still in the depression phase, hence this post.  What about you guys?  Has the post-con depression hit yet?

L0Lpants

Quote from: PLUMPKIN on May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 PM
Fanime Stages of Grief
-Denial: "Fanime is not over! I need to pick out a cosplay to wear tomorrow!"
-Anger: "Why does Fanime have to end?  This isn't fair!"
-Bargaining: "I'll do anything to have another day at Fanime!"
-Depression: "I'm so sad that Fanime is over.  I want to hole up in my room until 2013."
-Acceptance: "I can't wait 'til Fanime 2013!  I'm already planning my next cosplay!"

Seems like I'm still in the depression phase, hence this post.  What about you guys?  Has the post-con depression hit yet?

i've been at Acceptance since I left the con center in the early evening. 5 years of going to these things will that to you...
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

xkuramaxhieix

I don't regret fanime being over.

I just regret not buying some certain stuff that I didn't even know about until after I'd left.

*sigh*

I may never be able to get my hands on it again. *sigh*

twilghtsora123

I have partly "depression", but living through "acception" after Fanime is over!
My first time may not be the best, but it's not the worst either!

amaya_JDB

Still in the levels of depression right now  :'(
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

echoshadow

Now that Fanime is over, I feel a bit empty inside. On the bright side the anime con season officially begins. As for me I have AM2, AX, Sacanime, and a few other 1 or 2 day cons.

But still that's not enough to compare to the awesomeness of Fanime.
Till next year!!
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

PinkHairSasuke

I'm already on acceptance, actually I'm already starting and working on a new cosplay. I had to help my Fanime noobs through this depression syndrome though haha

Quote from: echoshadow on May 29, 2012, 12:51:30 AM
Now that Fanime is over, I feel a bit empty inside. On the bright side the anime con season officially begins. As for me I have AM2, AX, Sacanime, and a few other 1 or 2 day cons.

But still that's not enough to compare to the awesomeness of Fanime.
Till next year!!

Same here! I have a couple cons coming up as well.

kohana ichibana

I think I'm in Acceptance but how I generally feel is "I'm too tired to go to work today... can I just skip it and sleep all day? =_="
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Maskenlav

I'm at ACCEPTANCE as well since my very first 2 fanime cons were in BARGAINING mode so I grew into letting it pass lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Miyu_Mya

I've been coming to the con for 5 years and I still get depression mode. Fanime 2012 went really quick for me this year. I don't want to go back into the dramatic world. I want to stay with Fanime.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

sioda_mactiir

I'm somewhere in between depression and acceptance. I am quite sad it is over, but accept it cause I am making plans for next year already

crystalsoul

well this years depression is definitely not as bad as last years, which was horrible btw.

but never the less i already miss being in a small fantasy world in which everyone is dressed in awesome costumes and there is anime all around me :<

now i gotta wait 360 days till next year sadly.

o well, back to a normal boring reality again :/

saiko-chriskun

don't let post-con depression take over! join the #fanime irc channel! :D (and if you're in the south bay we do meetups)

Xanreo

Somewhere between bargaining and depression.
I know there are several cons coming up and I'm going to have a blast at AX but I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for Fanime.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

cutiebunny

I'm a fan of the 13 step program, whereby the 13th step means you go back to whatever bad habit you had in the first place.

I have AM2 and AX to look forward to.  And since Fanime 2012 did not elicit the same OMG reaction I had at Fanime 2011, it was much easier to breeze to the acceptance phase.

AbsolutelyCursed

I'm in the Acceptance stage. Just now having ideas of what I want to cosplay for next year. I'm just hoping that the convention center expansion will be done by next Fanime and have the return of the fountains.

M

Where's the step where I just want to sleep for a year? :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

PLUMPKIN

Quote from: MPLe on May 29, 2012, 06:08:29 PM
Where's the step where I just want to sleep for a year? :)

That would go under the depression stage.  Join the club!

kookiekween99

The worst part about Fanime being over is having to go to school the next day and work on final projects. x_x

At least next year, my college spring semester ends a week before Fanime, so after con I can safely sleep for a week. :D

I'd say that puts me in depression at the moment. Acceptance seems way too uppity and cheerful.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Rhornez

i only have the regret part of it, meaning I regret not talking to any girls :/ or trying to meet new people

Been going to Fanime Since 2008