Post-Con Depression Support Group 2012

Started by PLUMPKIN, May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 PM

Raydere

I was thinking about holding a get-together for friends I met at Fanime next weekend or after, but finances (and the tendancy for social outings I host to fail) and the fact that I barely made any new friends kinda gives me second thoughts about that.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Mango Bunny

Acceptance is where I am. Planning for next year!

I was entirely confused when I had to get up for work the next day. "Is there an event I'm attending???" were my thoughts as a groggily drove away from my house.

No, Tired Me, just work.

Xanreo

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 30, 2012, 12:56:01 AM
I was entirely confused when I had to get up for work the next day. "Is there an event I'm attending???" were my thoughts as a groggily drove away from my house.

Something similar happened to me.
When I woke up in my room, I thought I was still dreaming because all I could think about was being at Fanime.

... maybe I'm still in the denial stage.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Dawnshadow

I have the depression bad. D:

On the first night away from the con, I woke up at 2:30 AM in a pitch black room. My first thought was 'where am I?' or 'how did I get here?'. I ended up in this half sleep/trance thing and in my dream, people that I know told me that I fainted while I was in my fursuit at the convention. They then told me that they carried me to the room to rest and that I had missed the rest of the convention. D: I can't remember if my dream self cried or I cried when I was partly awake.

That was an odd state of mind. :P
Cosplays:
Lucario- a few fixes are required (80%)
Itachi- 60% *needs new cloak and wig*
Mystery Pokemon (it's a surprise and I want it debuted here)- 5% or so
Masked Marth- 0% (I doubt I'll get this one done as it has least priority over my money)

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: PLUMPKIN on May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 PM
Fanime Stages of Grief
-Denial: "Fanime is not over! I need to pick out a cosplay to wear tomorrow!"
-Anger: "Why does Fanime have to end?  This isn't fair!"
-Bargaining: "I'll do anything to have another day at Fanime!"
-Depression: "I'm so sad that Fanime is over.  I want to hole up in my room until 2013."
-Acceptance: "I can't wait 'til Fanime 2013!  I'm already planning my next cosplay!"

Seems like I'm still in the depression phase, hence this post.  What about you guys?  Has the post-con depression hit yet?

I think I have hit Depression.

Me and my friend decided that I was going to hide under the bed and she was going to hide behind the ironing bored in our hotel room until next fanime.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Angelx624

I'm between the depression and acceptance phases. I'm sad Fanime 2012 is over, but am already planning out 2013. ^^ I'm excited for next year's theme, which is Gothic Fairy Tale. :'D One thing comes to mind when I think of the theme, and it's definitely helping me plan out my cosplays. ^____^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

spycker

im in depression mode, i didnt meet new people like i wanted to and didnt buy enough stuff!

Miyu_Mya

My post-con has just gotten worst. I was trying to organize the pictures i took on my iphone and accidentally deleted all the Fanime pics I took with it.  :'(
All my doctor who pics as well as the furry gathering. Gone. *Tear* And Boximus Prime!!
I'm so bummed.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Bushido

I'm at acceptance since this year's Fanime wasn't that great. Plus I got a troop tomorrow so I can still be in costume. My only regret is not meeting more people than I could.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Firemage1000

Acceptance. I had a superb time and lots of fun. sad its over, but I've got AX and sacanime coming up. Don't forget about fanime 2013!
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

DJ_Reverb

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 31, 2012, 10:02:50 PM
I'm between the depression and acceptance phases. I'm sad Fanime 2012 is over, but am already planning out 2013. ^^ I'm excited for next year's theme, which is Gothic Fairy Tale. :'D One thing comes to mind when I think of the theme, and it's definitely helping me plan out my cosplays. ^____^

I'm in the same mood minus the cosplay. Also debating working as a dealer or being a volunteer.

Dawnshadow

Quote from: Miyu_Mya on June 01, 2012, 04:24:20 PM
My post-con has just gotten worst. I was trying to organize the pictures i took on my iphone and accidentally deleted all the Fanime pics I took with it.  :'(
All my doctor who pics as well as the furry gathering. Gone. *Tear* And Boximus Prime!!
I'm so bummed.

I hate it when that happens. D:
My sister did that last year for a Disneyland trip. D:
Cosplays:
Lucario- a few fixes are required (80%)
Itachi- 60% *needs new cloak and wig*
Mystery Pokemon (it's a surprise and I want it debuted here)- 5% or so
Masked Marth- 0% (I doubt I'll get this one done as it has least priority over my money)

Angelx624

Quote from: DJ_Reverb on June 01, 2012, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on May 31, 2012, 10:02:50 PM

I'm in the same mood minus the cosplay. Also debating working as a dealer or being a volunteer.
I see. xDD To me, next year's theme just SCREAMS Versailles. 8D And I'm talking about the band. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Touya no Miko

I'm at Acceptance. This is possibly my eighth year at Fanime, so I'm not as affected than I was 5 years ago. Plus there was quite a bit of con drama going on with my group, so wouldn't call this my best year. Still loved it though, and already making plans for next year.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Tony

Quote from: PLUMPKIN on May 29, 2012, 06:11:20 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 29, 2012, 06:08:29 PM
Where's the step where I just want to sleep for a year? :)

That would go under the depression stage.  Join the club!
Ah - but you see, staff undergo an entirely different kind of psychosis after FanimeCon. It's less "PCD", more "PCPTSD". Symptoms include confusion, desperate eating, and calling ConOps upon waking.

For example: last night, I woke up trying to figure out how we could schedule an additional panel for Asamiya-san.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Peacebunnie

I've now completed my transition to Acceptance - I have my next cosplay idea and the planning has begun.

Seeing as I could already wear a different cosplay every day next year (including Day 0), I don't know where I can fit it in, but it ought to be an interesting time planning my weekend in 2013 X'D
HELLO CAFFINO SHANKS COSPLAYER!!
Cosplaying: Tendo Kasumi, Ghost Princess Perona, Okita Souji, Time skip Perona, Takani Megumi.
Now planning: Boa Hancock (for friend), Chambara-style Batman (for me).

sioda_mactiir

I'm still kinda depressed about it being over, but am in acceptance. already have plans for next year.

oh the evil plans I have. bwahahahahahahahahahaha

yggdrasilsys

I live around San Jose and I pass by downtown often. Yesterday I drove by the convention center, saw the fanime banners still on the street lights, and shed a tear.

Xanreo

Quote from: yggdrasilsys on June 07, 2012, 10:13:04 PM
Yesterday I drove by the convention center, saw the fanime banners still on the street lights, and shed a tear.

I laugh at this but deep down I have a sad.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Glitch

I never left anime. My surroundings simply morphed into an ugly, unanime form.