Hey Sax Man! Do that one George Michael song!

Started by BobMakihara, May 29, 2012, 12:11:22 AM

BobMakihara

Hi everyone!

Although I have been attending Fanime for years, this was the first time that I brought my sax with me. I have to say that I was blown away by the encouragement and complements that I received from various folks at the con. I was really touched by how many people let me know that my music uplifted their spirits or helped the long lines feel less frustrating. I will treasure this experience for years to come. Among the highlights were:

-Being requested to play "Careless Whisper" (that George Michael song/Sexy sax man song) a total of 68 times. I only turned down 3 requests. XD
-Nearly moving someone to tears after playing Lilium
-Trolling the protesters with a RickRoll and "Why can't we be friends"
-Jammin' with 4 Guitars
-Playing Zelda tunes with an Ocarina player
-Playing "Cupcakes" while a pinkie pie cosplayer sung along
-Making up a song about the pink bubble robot
-Playing in the pre-reg line for 5 hours straight
-Randomly playing with The Super Soul Bros. at Iguanas
-Playing "Eyes on Me" for the Final Fantasy gathering mock wedding/real proposal

For the folks who took video of me: If you are planning to post vids online, would you send me a pm or or hit up my YouTube channel to let me know?

Edit:  Vids that I have found so far are here! Includes the "Pink Bubble" song!, Final Fantasy Mock Wedding, and other randomness! ^__^

Edit 2:  I was rather happy with this jazzy version of Epic Sax Guy. XD

Once again, a HUGE thank you to everyone stopped to listen, chat, request a song or just shake my hand.

Much Love,

Bruce aka Mkali
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

Kuudere

You were great! I saw you several times and wanted to request "that George Michael song," but thought I'd annoy you by it. I can't believe you played it so many times and I never heard it! Anyway, I hope you come back next year and play again.

PinkWonder

Dude you were awesome! There were a few times while walking passed you I was tempted to yell "Play that one George Michael song" but same as a previous commenter I figured you had heard it many times and I didn't want to annoy you. xD But anyways, you're very talented and I enjoyed hearing you play. :)

Miyu_Mya

Hey Sax man
You were amazing and I hope to see you again at Fanime 2013. You really touched me and my friends.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Rhornez

I requested Careless whisper during the thursday line buildup haha

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

havok rt

Dude, you were making my con so much better. anyways here's the pic of you with the dos equis guy cutout I was carrying around I look forward to see you next year.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3299338292511&set=a.3299033484891.2129958.1539530761&type=3
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Quinnton117

Thank you for taking my request for the Star Wars Cantina song. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63J4Up6OiHE

BobMakihara

Thanks for the love everyone! I am happy that so many felt that my music added to the positive spirit of the con. I will most certainly be back next year with more tunes and more skills!
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

Admiral Donuts

didn't manage to shout my request for Baker's Street but I did hear you an awful lot during the con.  :)

darkkako

Thanks again for performing dude, you were fantastic. :) I tipped you a dollar when I passed you in the reg line, but you deserved way more.

Peacebunnie

Thank you for playing during the pre-reg line.
HELLO CAFFINO SHANKS COSPLAYER!!
Cosplaying: Tendo Kasumi, Ghost Princess Perona, Okita Souji, Time skip Perona, Takani Megumi.
Now planning: Boa Hancock (for friend), Chambara-style Batman (for me).

obliviousedward

Although I never stopped to say hi, I passed by you quite a few times. You were definitely a neat highlight to this year's con! Thanks, bro!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Maskenlav

was that you playing the Zelda theme song several times? If it was then I have this to say. INSTRUMENTAL AMERICAN IDOL CONTESTANT lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

ministrychick77

you were awesome!! saw you one night with a bunch of cards out in front of you.. also think i saw you in the game room during the freestyle ddr..
probable Fanime 2013 cosplays:
Deadpool (some version)
Grumpy Cat