the pink bubble thing

Started by sioda_mactiir, May 29, 2012, 12:07:36 PM

sioda_mactiir

so I obviously loved this thing so much. I followed the bloody thing for over an hour, recorded its dancing with the sax man. http://youtu.be/Q_Hgh6Z3tTo however, my friend seems to think it responding to our commands was only in my head. does anyone have any other videos proving this unbeliever wrong?

Miyu_Mya

I think the pink bubble was attached to a roomba. Really clever.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

sioda_mactiir

I know it was, I accidentally took the thing's head off. my friend (not an anime fan or anything nerdy at all, his loss) thinks it was just sucking up dirt and stuff. hence my wanting more proof. also, I just want to see more of the thing

SOawesomeness

I wish I had seen this! It looks freaking adorableeee!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Toves

I too followed this thing around for quite a bit and it was super cute when it started dancing with the genderbent pinkie pie. It really was listening to commands.

BobMakihara

When the head (accidentally) came off, I saw that there was an Arduino chip attached to the roomba. Someone nearby that was able to hear our conversation was controlling it - I am guessing through a Bluetooth connection like a Wii-mote or something.

Technical notes aside, the pink bubble was HILARIOUS.
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

sioda_mactiir

actually, to be honest, I know who was behind it. there were two people so it would be easier to trick people as one would not always be there. I know who, (thought not by name) was doing it, and helped hide their secret for as long as it was possible. I would love for them to put up an instruction thingy on how to do it.

Mr Lex

Is that a Poring attached to a Roomba with painter's tape?

If so, those things avoid obstacles, which would explain why it turned around when it got near people. Also, look how it spazzed out rolling back and forth on a piece of paper, it was trying its best to pick the thing up.

sioda_mactiir

Evaunit01berserk

Quote from: sioda_mactiir on May 30, 2012, 01:00:00 AM
actually, to be honest, I know who was behind it. there were two people so it would be easier to trick people as one would not always be there. I know who, (thought not by name) was doing it, and helped hide their secret for as long as it was possible.
I don't think you really know who was behind it...

I would love for them to put up an instruction thingy on how to do it.

http://hackingroomba.com/projects/build-a-roomba-bluetooth-adapter/

chifunii

I know who it was, but unfortunately I never got to see poring doing its roomba thing. :( I watched the video though, I can see how that'd be rather entertaining. xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

sioda_mactiir

Quote from: Evaunit01berserk on May 30, 2012, 06:56:03 PM
actually, to be honest, I know who was behind it. there were two people so it would be easier to trick people as one would not always be there. I know who, (thought not by name) was doing it, and helped hide their secret for as long as it was possible.
I don't think you really know who was behind it...

I would love for them to put up an instruction thingy on how to do it.

http://hackingroomba.com/projects/build-a-roomba-bluetooth-adapter/

uhm, they actually came out and admitted that they were behind the thing. though I didn't know about the partner till later on.

weirderraindrop

How did I miss this? Poring+Roomba=major win.

Evaunit01berserk

Quote from: sioda_mactiir on May 31, 2012, 09:26:48 AM

uhm, they actually came out and admitted that they were behind the thing. though I didn't know about the partner till later on.

You are just so full of cool stories :P

sioda_mactiir