just came up with a fun plan for next fanime

Started by sioda_mactiir, May 29, 2012, 01:19:47 PM

sioda_mactiir

well, two actually. one being a lot of people dressing as catboys and girls, and sort of making a makeshift booth for adopting us for the day, or something. the other being a LOT of people dressing as catboys and girls, and having a little play turf war thing. would anyone else like to do either of these?

crystalsoul

Adopting someone for a day sounds weird in my book :S

and how would you go about having a friendly turf war? sounds like something rovers would not like

sioda_mactiir

the adopting would be nothing more than a friendly person to be cute, take pictures, just a fun little thing. and the turf wars would be all play. like hissing and sorta clawing at the air. or doing some weird dance thing instead of fighting.

Junon

cutiebunny

While I'm sure the majority of people would behave, there are some that will expect their "pet" to do certain thing which may not be appropriate for a family-friendly con.

And the hissing and territory wars could turn ugly.  Not like you need any more activity in front of the stairs or the main entrance.  Those places are nightmares to get through.

M

Although this sounds extremely interesting (as a social experiment or event, you choose), I don't think there's any way that we can support this without the headaches of stuff like the law and whatnot getting in the way.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

sioda_mactiir

well yeah, just a fun thing. nothing super big.

Admiral Donuts

I would totally take a catgirl for a walk, but I am old and creepy and yeah there's way too much that could go wrong there.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 02, 2012, 11:13:00 PM
I would totally take a catgirl for a walk, but I am old and creepy and yeah there's way too much that could go wrong there.

plus alot are probably underage too LOL
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

sioda_mactiir

ID needed of course.

I knew about the creepers, but didn't think about checking IDs. getting good ideas here.

Evaunit01berserk

Maskenlav

well you also have to watch for the con etiquette and blah blah about respecting photo ops and hall way accessibility. Majority of the problem will be from creeps coming up and grabbing a catgirl or boy to walk by the collar or eyeball them as they walk past taking secret photos for midnight viewings...

sioda_mactiir

I'm pretty sure the secret photo thing happens no matter what...

Admiral Donuts

...people take "secret photos" of people just walking around in public who will often pose when asked?

sioda_mactiir

I'm just going on people who for some reason would think that that would be ok to do. I had the misfortune to know a few people like that.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 04, 2012, 01:13:35 PM
...people take "secret photos" of people just walking around in public who will often pose when asked?

yeah dude I've seen some people whip out their cell phones or cameras and get snap shots of like sailor moon standing around or walking when their like 5 feet away lol

weirderraindrop

This is making me think of the pet auction at Califur this year...