Plans for next year?

Started by Mango Bunny, May 30, 2012, 12:59:04 AM

Mango Bunny

Does anyone have any plans/improvements for their personal con experience next year?

I'm cosplaying. Fo' sho'.
I'm also going to get in shape.
I'm going to try harder to make friends? (I say this every year. I still haven't made a con friend.)
Going to bring less food. I have so many snacks left over!

That's all I can think of right now.

sioda_mactiir

I plan on getting a group together to adopt catboys and girls. just as a fun little thing. gives people someone to take pics for them and stuff. as well as essentially making friends.

Raydere

I'm gonna be missing half a day at least, assuming I graduate from SJSU next year. :(
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

renalcul

Stay Thursday-Monday, and split my two hour panel into 1 general panel and 1 18+ panel each an hour long.

echoshadow

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 30, 2012, 12:59:04 AM
Does anyone have any plans/improvements for their personal con experience next year?

I'm going to try harder to make friends? (I say this every year. I still haven't made a con friend.)

That kind of covers it all for me. Except the food part. I'm covered on that.
On the friend part, I would like to keep them longer than just the con friends. But that's all in my part, I should always ask for their email/fb/cell #.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

royjovero

Lose a bit of weight (at least slim down) so that I can maybe cosplay Yatta :)
Commission a Daft Punk Tron suit to be made so I can have a complete DP Tron cosplay
Actually look at the schedule to plan the days out
Try to contact my friend that works for Nintendo HQ and see if I can get an official Pokemon costume
Eat better

aurifera

My costume lineup will probably more or less be the same, maybe making one new costume.

And after 2 years I think I finally figured out that the only way to get a decent amount of pictures taken of your cosplay is to stand around pretending you don't have anything to do :p Soooo hopefully will get more pictures next year. As much as I love hanging out in the hotel room, after the con it almost feels like I never went, 'specially since I have no space in my bags to buy stuff.

Will also try to bring more stuff next time, I'm terrified to put anything in checked luggage (since I fly over) but I might suck it up and check a bag or two for food, extra clothes, shoes and stuff. Maybe then I'll even have room to bring my own camera.

And I'm gonna check my streetpass way more often, just so I can get the maximum amount of passes I possibly can.

...will drink more coffee and bring painkillers (darn them heavy wigs) and many more snacks that I can carry with me. No more McDonalds!!

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: aurifera on May 30, 2012, 12:24:02 PM
And I'm gonna check my streetpass way more often, just so I can get the maximum amount of passes I possibly can.
Oh man, I hear you on this! Keep your charger handy if you're going to be checking more often too- my 3DS ran out of juice halfway through Friday because I was checking mine so often; but the rest of the days it held out just because I brought my charger and I made sure my down time for lunch and stuff was near a power outlet so I could plug in.

As for my plans for next year...
-Probably going to get back into cosplaying again finally! (Last time I made a new costume was my Ember Mclain for AX2006 :( )
-Still not going to stay on site. The hotel my group was at cost us about $68 a night, had a fridge and microwave, was situated near markets, restaurants, and a crafts store, and was maybe a 10-20 minute drive from the convention center. We might be looking at the Extended Stay near there for 2013.
-Probably will stay an extra day or two after the convention. In 2011 and 2012 we had a panel late at night Sunday night/Monday morning, meaning it was almost 3am by the time we got back to the hotel and closer to 4am by the time we got to sleep. Does not mesh well with morning hotel check-out time or the 7 hour drive home on Monday.
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Junon

Improve on my N7 Armor, to be a better Shepard next year.

Lobby to get Fanime to mail out pre-reg badges to help us all avoid the Super Six-Hour Sharktopus Octoshark Ultra Kicky M-M-M-M-Monster Killing Fields Mega Line.

Xanreo

Too much of this year's Fanime went to cosplay.
Will only do 3 cosplay(s) next year so I will have more time for the rest of the con.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Barnes

-Check in on Wed. (before Day Zero) and check out on Tues. (after Day Four)  :)
-Get a better camera for photo-taking.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

meowrei

Definitely getting a hotel room for Thursday through Monday. Making the 2.5 hour trek home on Bart & VTA each night was exhausting.

Alyxiane

Actually get a cosplay done instead of saying my plans and not have it ready in the end...

Turning 18 next year which means being able to attend the 18+ panels. (awwww yeahhhhh) :P

Depending on how my school year is scheduled, I may or may not plan to skip Friday to go to the con a bit earlier.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Wabbit98

Quote from: Alyxiane on May 30, 2012, 08:56:58 PM

Turning 18 next year which means being able to attend the 18+ panels. (awwww yeahhhhh) :P

Just don't forget your government issued photo id.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second

Haunterluvcookies

I learned alot from Fanime 2013 and my awesome Roomate Elise.

1) I spent to much on food, so I plan on bringing food and only eating dinner. That also includes soda cause I drink it like water.

2) Starting cosplays early, so I have more time to save up for the con. Mabying improving on so cosplays from this year.

3) Losing weight

4) Money

And 5) Meeting more new and awesome people. See new and awsome cosplayers cause this has some awesome cosplays.

I think thats it..... hopefully.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Nina Star 9

I already have my cosplay plans, haha. Let's see how similar they stay to what I end up actually doing!

Sorceress Edea -- Final Fantasy VIII (I actually like this game, alright?)
Trisha -- Catherine (AKA "let's see if I can pull off an afro!)
Julia -- Cowboy Bebop (I think I will be able to actually pull this one off pretty well, but making that catsuit will be a pain)

And probably returns of some of my old faves, like The Major, Lady Blackpearl, Ulala, etc. Gotta keep that EL wire and that 6' fishhammer going, you know? ;)

sioda_mactiir

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 30, 2012, 10:34:54 PM
I already have my cosplay plans, haha. Let's see how similar they stay to what I end up actually doing!

Sorceress Edea -- Final Fantasy VIII (I actually like this game, alright?)
Trisha -- Catherine (AKA "let's see if I can pull off an afro!)
Julia -- Cowboy Bebop (I think I will be able to actually pull this one off pretty well, but making that catsuit will be a pain)

And probably returns of some of my old faves, like The Major, Lady Blackpearl, Ulala, etc. Gotta keep that EL wire and that 6' fishhammer going, you know? ;)

serious points for liking FFVIII

Darkstride

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 30, 2012, 12:59:04 AM

I can help you with two of those.
Ill be your friend next year, and help you with those extra snacks.
:p
my biggest thing was not getting ANY contact info for anyone if the cool people I met. Next year I plan on changing that.
Maybe go a little more detailed on my cosplay as well.
Beep zoop deet

My costumes for 2013
Mecha Lincoln and Quote [cave story guy]

FANIME 2012 Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4133348450008.2172368.1172432936&type=1

cottoncandymuffin

Making con friends. Gone for 3 years now by myself every year :\

And if I ever get the money and time, I want to cosplay too :P

Freeden

Same plans as every year, but this time with a better cosplay. I actually worked on a lot of my own stuff this year, so I want to go a step further next year and do something bigger and better.