Necomimi ears.

Started by Juju, May 31, 2012, 01:03:37 PM

renalcul

i wonder if you could hook these up to Prometheus devices to make flaming horns.

ADMITTEDLY THIS WOULD BE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

Admiral Donuts

I kinda wanna hook up the tech to a Daft Punk style helmet so it displays emoticons in LEDs

Runewitt

The fir... well, the second thing that popped into my mind was that Mindflex game, where you strapped a band around your forhead and used your thoughts to control a bunch of devices to move a ball through a maze.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

sioda_mactiir

my sis just got hers in the mail yesterday, and I dunno if it's coincidence or not, but as my sis was sorta looking down, I made a snide comment. at the same simultaneous moment that raised her eyes, the ears perked up too. it was awesome and kinda spooky

Evaunit01berserk

Quote from: sioda_mactiir on June 08, 2012, 01:33:06 PM
my sis just got hers in the mail yesterday, and I dunno if it's coincidence or not, but as my sis was sorta looking down, I made a snide comment. at the same simultaneous moment that raised her eyes, the ears perked up too. it was awesome and kinda spooky
I would say that is more of working as intended then spooky

sioda_mactiir

aetherltd

I want to see people watching a movie wearing necomimi, and see how the ears react to surprises and plot twists.

ministrychick77

i plan on getting a pair and wearing them to school. mainly cause i like them that much, and also to see how my teachers react. i'm very scatterbrained and when i tried them on my ears were twitching..
probable Fanime 2013 cosplays:
Deadpool (some version)
Grumpy Cat

Harpaw8

I have a pair and I am in love with them!
Whats really great is that you can change the ear shape and color, but you have to make it yourself but its not too hard.

the only two down sides for me is that it drains the batteries pretty fast and the brain wave thing on your forehead leaves a somewhat noticeable red mark, but besides that their a really great device, fun to wear to costume parties

One other down side, you rarley get to wear them around because everyone will be asking to try them because their so much fun
;D

Rhornez

I forgot about these.......They are going to be mine this year weather they like it or not.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

sioda_mactiir

Quote from: Harpaw8 on January 08, 2013, 11:34:57 AM
I have a pair and I am in love with them!
Whats really great is that you can change the ear shape and color, but you have to make it yourself but its not too hard.

actually, they now sell replacements and different styles. still too big for my tastes though

Lucifargundam

They're too expensive for my taste. If they were cheaper- I'd modify them like this one girl did(she had bunny ears) and but I'd put on horns >:P

Shouldn't be too hard...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

TravelingPumpkins

Found it kind of funny that these ears were one of the key attractions at CES in Las Vegas.  Kind of sad, since these were first premiered almost a year ago!

The ears are really nifty, but not sure I want to pay $99 for them.  Maybe when the price drops, or they release a version without the visible sensor on your forehead.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: TravelingPumpkins on January 22, 2013, 09:49:51 PM
The ears are really nifty, but not sure I want to pay $99 for them.  Maybe when the price drops, or they release a version without the visible sensor on your forehead.
Could possibly mask the sensor, but it couldn't be moved- so you'd end up wearing a beanie-like contraption which you would find to get hot really quickly.   $99 is reasonable considering cost to make something that doesn't have a big market and thus requires more for specialized materials(i would assume). However, I would think that it's because of this low market that they can't afford to buy cheaper materials to thus allow them to drop the cost-to-make//price of product.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.