Adding 'Velvet' to the Black and White Ball

Started by Siddy, May 31, 2012, 04:00:15 PM

Siddy

Forgive me in advance for posting this idea as a newbie to the forums, but I wanted to hear an opinion from those who are enthusiastic about the con, and from those with prior experiences with the Black and White Ball.

My idea is to take the overall theme of the Velvet Room, known in the SMT: Persona games, and fuse it with the standard theme of the Black and White Ball. Now, I'm not suggesting a major deviation from what already happens at the event, and I'm not suggesting a permanent change, but adding blue to the theme could allow for some interesting results. Including some of the elements from the Persona series, mainly the Velvet Room, could add a whole level of immersion for guests to enjoy, and for fans of Persona to admire. For those who don't cosplay and choose to don the traditional black and white garb as part of the usual theme, adding blue to the mix could provide some incentive to stray from the norm, and create new and appealing combinations. In my opinion, adding a theme like this could convince more people to check it out, since it can be recognized by fans and appear friendly to newcomers.

It could just be a one-time change, but I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

DJ_Reverb

I'd welcome it. We just need someone who can play Aria of the Soul as well as someone willing to dress up and MC as Igor. There ARE jazzy versions of Persona songs ready to be danced too so it would be cool.

Nina Star 9

Honestly, I've never played Persona, so I have no idea what this would entail or what the difference would be. could you elaborate further?

Also, Persona is kind of a niche game (it's something I'd like to try but haven't gotten around to yet, but a lot of people probably don't know about it or care), so I'm afraid that by making a large event specifically Persona-themed, it would turn a lot of people off.

DJ_Reverb

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 01, 2012, 09:17:23 AM
Honestly, I've never played Persona, so I have no idea what this would entail or what the difference would be. could you elaborate further?

Also, Persona is kind of a niche game (it's something I'd like to try but haven't gotten around to yet, but a lot of people probably don't know about it or care), so I'm afraid that by making a large event specifically Persona-themed, it would turn a lot of people off.

So pretty much he just wants to change the look of the room. From what it normally looks like to mostly blue.