Guests I Want for Fanime 2013!!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 01, 2012, 09:45:30 AM

Nina Star 9

It's that time again!!

Pretty much the same rules as always!

- Post a variety of types of guests (though there is a MusicFest guests thead)
- Speaking of which, please post MusicFest guests actually in the MusicFest thread! Since it's a different department, that's the easiest way to get them to see your suggestions
- Post guests that Fanime realistically has a chance of bringing out (so no one too big or too expensive or too obscure or too dead or too broken up or that doesn't actually do appearances, etc.)
- Post guests that people will actually want to see
- You can post your ~dream guests~, but keep in mind that not everyone is suitable as a guest for Fanime (so note it in your post if it is less realistic and don't get into fights over whether a guest is reasonable or not -- civil disscussion of the suitability of a guest, fine, "OMG U HAV 2 BRING OUT MALICE MIZER U SUXXORZ IF U HATE ON THEM  >:( >:( >:(" is not)

Have fun~~!

Yes, we are up to 8 exclamation points for 8 years of this thread!

KithKanan

I would love for Fanime to bring over Hideaki Anno (snowball's chance in hell until the EVA movies are done, but I'd love it), Mahiro Maeda, or Ichiro Itano.

No, I'm not just saying that because next year will be the 30th anniversary of Daicon IV, why do you ask? <_< >_>

Actually I'm not because I think they'd all be amazing guests unrelated to that.
Kickin' it Old-skool.

Touya no Miko

Edit: Oops my bad.

Well, for guest I would love to see the fashion designer Hirooka Naoto. He has a store in SF Japantown. I was hoping for him to come to Fanime this year since he has a booth in the dealers hall.

For voice actors, I would really love to see Hiroki Takahashi.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

eralston

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 01, 2012, 12:20:23 PM
Golden Bomber!!! They've done the ending song for one of the Yugioh series. They're also familiar with cons.

Also Nightmare! They were planning to come to Fanime at one point but couldn't make it due to scheduling. I think they'd be the perfect act, since they've done a lot of anime songs.

As was noted MusicFest guests are handled separately and they will put their thread up when they are ready.

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 01, 2012, 09:45:30 AM
- Speaking of which, please post MusicFest guests actually in the MusicFest thread! Since it's a different department, that's the easiest way to get them to see your suggestions

+stickied.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

chifunii

Hahaha...Is Hiromu Arakawa out of question? ; A; I'll wish for her every year.

I'd like to see a few more seiyuu as well; I'm open to whoever. xD

I really liked Koyama Shigeto this year! :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Hikalynn

I was wondering if you guys could get Akiakane (Aki Akane/ 秋赤音) as a guest for Fanime 2013.

She's a PV artist who does the music videos for really popular Vocaloid songs such as wowaka's "Rolling Girl" (reached over 1mil views on Youtube) , "Rosetta", "Out of Eden", and "Migikata no Chou." She also does artwork for the bands Ikemen and PointFive. Akiakane is only 19, so she will certainly bring life to the convention.

In addition to art, she sings and has recently made her debut under the single ANtiNotice, which makes her a possible MusicFest guest as well. Her style has earned her the nickname of "Screaming Cinderella" on Nico Nico Douga, where she has over 1 million followers.

She has done conventions before, such as Japan Expo in France, so she is experienced. She is also going to HEX (Hawaii Entertainment Expo) this October according to her facebook page.

You guys can contact her and her staff easily via her twitter or Facebook.

(Twitter: _akiakane
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E7%A7%8B-%E8%B5%A4%E9%9F%B3/229488563732715)

Please consider getting her as a guest, it would be like having a singer and an artist at the same time.

Thanks.

bahamutknightzero

While I feel that my suggestion will be a total long shot and all (additionally might not fit) but with how we have some panels/videos that go into gaming, I wanted to make a suggestion of Shinya Arino from Gamecenter CX/Retro Game Master.

I would also suggest a few more English VAs

Mango Bunny

I want Yoshiki to come back again! MMHMM.

Amo-chan

I would love to suggest Kanata Hongo come over as a guest! He played the roles of Nishi from Gantz, and Ryoma from Prince of Tennis.

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Admiral Donuts

Doug Walker, aka the Nostalgia Critic. He loves to do cons and I've read he's an excellent guest.

royjovero

Get m-flo! Fat chance, I know, but it's worth a shot!

BunofGovt

Vic Mignogna ha ha ha ha ha (we've wondered every year why we can't get him).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Sijy

Kentaro Miura. He has a new movie trilogy, based on Berserk, which just started being released in Japan, and I think Viz licensed all of them.

Masamune Shirow. Always. With his new Appleseed XII anime he is still relevant.

ApacheChief

Never know, but I hope they bring nico touches the wall. They just made FMA Brotherhood's OP too epic. It'll be more epic live too. ;)

Maskenlav

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 04, 2012, 09:31:36 PM
Vic Mignogna ha ha ha ha ha (we've wondered every year why we can't get him).

he's property of sac-anime cause he's like always their guest during summer shows lol

@topic: I say we get Laura Baily! She's going to be sac-anime's summer guest again so let's try to get some smaller con guests to make fanime home to ALL sorts of guests instead of always trying to get high rated J-pop singers or anime studio directors
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

kookiekween99

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 04, 2012, 07:02:38 AM
Doug Walker, aka the Nostalgia Critic. He loves to do cons and I've read he's an excellent guest.

I second this. I've seconded this for many years. Make it happen.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: kookiekween99 on June 06, 2012, 09:55:16 AM

Third'd this suggestion

Bushido

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on June 06, 2012, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on June 06, 2012, 09:55:16 AM

Third'd this suggestion

I vote Angry Joe. Would love to hear his takes on current games and whatnot.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

TheMaKaKi

donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33