Green Tea Kit Kat Bars

Started by PLUMPKIN, June 01, 2012, 08:20:12 PM

PLUMPKIN

1) How were they (and the other flavors)?

2) Where can I buy them (couldn't find any at 99 Ranch)?

DJ_Reverb

They taste great! According to my sibling, like cookie dough. To me, sweet.

A girl told me you can buy them from a dollar store in San Francisco and I've seen Japanese sites advertise them. Also Ebay!

BunofGovt

I looked at the Marukai website and it looked like you could buy online, but you could check the store in Cupertino (they have store locations down south as well, in the San Diego area).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

keitoghostie

I just bought some at the Nijiya Market in Mountain View, they have a bunch!

BunofGovt

Bought a bag (the regular dark green Kit Kat bag) at Marukai this morning.  Haven't seen the Sakura Macha Latte boxes, though.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Akita

I am pretty sure if you are near and around the con, Nijiya San jose will try to get their shipment of Matcha Kit Kats...  I know I did last year, and I know I spent tons on four or so bags, and gave them all away...

raltga

I have a great dislike for kit kat bars.

Yet...

Green tea kit kat bars are amazing and delicious.

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: raltga on February 07, 2013, 01:07:48 AM
I have a great dislike for kit kat bars.

Yet...

Green tea kit kat bars are amazing and delicious.
I totally agree with this. Here in Japan I just kept buying them all the time. Lol

Jesse Uppercut

Quote from: PLUMPKIN on June 01, 2012, 08:20:12 PM
1) How were they (and the other flavors)?

2) Where can I buy them (couldn't find any at 99 Ranch)?

Response 1: I don't know. I never ate them but I did notice their popularity at the time of convention.

Response 2: If youre in the San Jose, Ca area, they're often stocked at the Mitsuwa Marketplace on Saratoga Ave and Nijiya Market on Jackson St in San Jose Japantown however inventory will vary from time to time.
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

djmonolith

Yes... what that person ^ said.  There are a few places here in the south bay that sell them.  I should buy a bunch of bags then have a meet-up place somewhere at sometime so everyone can try one.
This is my signature.

Freud

Quote from: Jesse Uppercut on February 10, 2013, 07:38:33 PM

Response 2: If youre in the San Jose, Ca area, they're often stocked at the Mitsuwa Marketplace on Saratoga Ave and Nijiya Market on Jackson St in San Jose Japantown however inventory will vary from time to time.

Thanks! I wanted to know where they were sold and now my dream came true! I've been looking for them since the 2012 fanimecon!

nangke

The chance to buy or try them keeps eluding me. I'm going to keep a lookout at the places mentioned.  ;D

Devi 1313

I can't remember the name of the market right now, but the grocery store in San Jose's J-town always has them! It's the place right next to Hukilau. I tend to see them on the bottom shelf of the snack aisle, easy to miss.

Now if only I could find the raspberry kit kats again...

EDIT: D'oh, yeah, Nijiya on Jackson St.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

AR-99

Nijiya in SF Japantown carries them too if you're up that way. Or if neither Japantown is close to you and you need to order online JList stocks them from time to time.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum