Magical Girl Cosplay Gathering 2013-Crossover to the max!

Started by RyuHayabusa, June 05, 2012, 05:31:34 PM

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Dani Phantom on February 23, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
This is a fantastic idea, I will attend for sure ! I'm already prepared to come as Sailor Jupiter :3

awesome! welcome aboard :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

YaoiCat

Just a general question, do most of you make your own costumes or do you order them online?  I've been checking out some Tokyo Mew Mew costumes online and can't decide if I like them or not, lol :)

MagicalGirlMan

I have a sayaka miki genderbend in the works. Would love to join you all if possible. What day. Email specifics...

Motoko

@yaoicat - I tend to go with a seamstress who can customize and tailor to the design and fit you have in mind. Granted it's a bit more expensive, but usually I like the results better. I really really dislike generically made things and I haven't been proven wrong yet as they usually come from China and are just mass produced without even checking the proper color, making sure things are on properly, etc, etc. That's just from my experience though. I'm sure there are good sites as well that make cosplay.

@magicalgirlman - hum....would need to get enough people and of course varied magical girls from different series to do a crossover like that, though it's interesting I must admit.

Of course still waiting on the time and date...I'm worried because I have other gatherings/performances to attend, and I don't want them to clash with each other...

MagicalGirlMan

PsychoticDame

Any possible ideas for the date? My friends and I might be able to attend as a Madoka Magica group.

gravity

Me and my friend are going as Cardcaptor Sakura and her bff Tomoyo (respectively). I would love to see this happen!

Power of love and friend, yeahHhhh~
FanimeCon 2013 Cosplays!

Cardcaptor Sakura (Schoolgirl) ~ 30%
TF2 RED Fem!Snipe (Or Engineer) ~ 0%
Trainer Joey (Pokemon) ~ 0%

MagicalGirlMan

@PsychoticDame good to see I will not be the only Madoka character. Which ones will you and your friends be planning on doing?

MagicalGirlMan

PS On days to do this, I was planning to do the Scott Pilgrim shoot on Friday and the Marvel/DC at the Pita Pit Saturday at Noon, but I could easily do multiple shoots in a day if need be. How is everyone's Sunday and Thursday?

Broken Halo

I'm thinking to have the Madoka, Kazumi, Oriko Magica gathering on Saturday at 3pm.

I would like to also come to this gathering if I can.

The two attending the con and I will be in our Madoka Magica cosplay on Saturday. Me as Homura, with a Madoka, and Kyouko.

If this gathering is also on Saturday, but before or after my gathering. Such as at 1pm, or at 5pm, we'll come to that too.

If you want to do it afterward, all of those attending my gathering will already be together, we'll have a magi parade into your gathering.

MagicalGirlMan

@Broken Halo

Planning a Puella Magi exclusive shoot huh, official or just meeting in front of the convention center?

Second, will have to check plans with friends. We were gonna go to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/559140990780745/?fref=ts, as the Avengers, but it is at noon so...

I think I could easily do anytime on Saturday if everyone else could.

As I said, Scott Pilgrim is Friday, if memory serves that is, so that is the only no go...

Broken Halo

QuotePlanning a Puella Magi exclusive shoot huh, official or just meeting in front of the convention center?

Second, will have to check plans with friends. We were gonna go to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/559140990780745/?fref=ts, as the Avengers, but it is at noon so...

I think I could easily do anytime on Saturday if everyone else could.

As I said, Scott Pilgrim is Friday, if memory serves that is, so that is the only no go...

There is a forum thread for the Puella Magi gathering.

It will be official.

I'm hoping to coordinate with whoever is doing this meet so that we can get it on Saturday as well, if possible.

My Friday and Sunday both are taken by other cosplay and meets.

Like I said before, doing this one afterward, while they don't have to if they do want to, would be great because I'll just direct all the magi to follow me from my gathering to this one.

MagicalGirlMan

@ Broken Halo,

Sounds good. Let me know when make the page for the official Puella Magi shoot.

Broken Halo

QuoteSounds good. Let me know when make the page for the official Puella Magi shoot.

That forum thread was made days ago.

You're welcome to join that one as well.

I'm still hoping to hear something from this person about this particular gathering.

Does anyone have any information on it?

Motoko

I'm in touch with him via AIM, but he's been busy from what it seems like.
He also has a facebook from what I know, but that's not for me to give out to others without his permission.
I'm getting a little nervous about the information as well.
It would be better if things could be coordinated.
I'm attending two other cosplay gatherings aside from All Magical Girl and Puella Magi, and I'm sure it won't coincide with one of them (which the tentative day is Friday), but the 2nd I'm not sure.
I'll see if I can contact him when he's available.
I'm sure that he's busy with work or school, etc.
This is starting to be a really neat gathering~

MagicalGirlMan

@Broken Halo,

Send me the link to the Puella Magi forum as I cannot find it via the search bar or menu.

Thanks

RyuHayabusaDOA2

Ok, I am back. Sorry, I have been busy as of late so I just read what's going on. I am ok with doing this on a saturday late afternoon. would everyone be ok with 6 p.m on that date? let me know.

Broken Halo

QuoteOk, I am back. Sorry, I have been busy as of late so I just read what's going on. I am ok with doing this on a saturday late afternoon. would everyone be ok with 6 p.m on that date? let me know.

That will be perfect.

I will happily parade my gathering into this one.

There are two attending the con with me.

I will be cosplaying Homura, and I will have a Madoka and Kyouko with me.

So you can add the three of us to your attendees.

The Madoka is recordedxbutterflies.

The Kyouko is breakwitch.

You can put me as Leviathan.

Thank you.

This gathering will be a lot of fun.

See you all in May.

RyuHayabusaDOA2

Quote from: Broken Halo on April 06, 2013, 12:58:40 PM
QuoteOk, I am back. Sorry, I have been busy as of late so I just read what's going on. I am ok with doing this on a saturday late afternoon. would everyone be ok with 6 p.m on that date? let me know.

That will be perfect.

I will happily parade my gathering into this one.

There are two attending the con with me.

I will be cosplaying Homura, and I will have a Madoka and Kyouko with me.

So you can add the three of us to your attendees.
http://tokyotosho.info/?cat=1
The Madoka is recordedxbutterflies.

The Kyouko is breakwitch.

You can put me as Leviathan.

Thank you.

This gathering will be a lot of fun.

See you all in May.

Oh ok cool :D Thanks. I will update the first post with the info. and then I will submit it onto the gatherings list.