StarWars/SWTOR: Gathering 2013

Started by Foxberry, June 06, 2012, 05:01:48 AM

Foxberry

TBA

Day:

So after 2012 year's enjoyable convention as a sith; I plan on cosplaying again from starwars for 2013. I saw quite a number of StarWars cosplayers; and thought that it would be incredibly fun to host a General:StarWars and SW:Old Republic gathering for 2013.

Planning stages of course. But I look forward to possibilities. :)

ShikiIchijo

This looks fun! :D
Maybe I can get my SWTOR friend to dress up with me as are SWTOR characters. :D
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

Maskenlav

you might want to plan this with a guy named Bushido here. He has a stormtrooper pic and is part of a social group of SW fanatics! I'm sure with that guy this would be even more awesome! Count me in as Hoth Pilot Luke with blue lightsaber or ROTJ Luke in his all black attire with green lightsaber. I'd have to get a blonde wig and comb it over though haha but most likely Hoth Pilot Luke

a dark skinned Luke...lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Bushido

That would be me Maskenlav.

I met some people for this Fanime asking about where I got my Stormtrooper armor. For those interested in obtaining authentic movie accurate costumes, go here: http://www.501st.com/index.php. This is the main page and under costuming, there are several sub sections detailing various types of costumes, i.e. Sith Lords, Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, etc. Mind you this site is for "bad guy" costumes. For Jedi or Rebel types, you should go to our sister site Rebel Legion.

Foxberry, the Golden Gate Garrison from the 501st Legion comes to Fanime every year. It be great to finally have a whole group going with more than just us GGG members. Btw, did you take a picture of us when we did the Empire vs Republic pic?

Btw for those who want's to do SWTOR type costumes, it might be a bit harder since costumes like the Sith Acolyte are still being designed and built. For those who plan to go for Expanded Universe Sith characters, go to this site. http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

There are build threads for various EU characters and costumes. Notable ones being Starkiller, Darth Malgus (still figuring out the materials), Darth Revan, and the Sith Acolytes.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Bushido

Got a shot of the Empire vs Republic. Angle is not too great but if anyone has a better angle of this please post.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151136811699056&set=t.617674071&type=3
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Maskenlav

wait scratch that I might come by as either Hoth Pilot Luke or ANH Luke in his white Tatooine tunic complete with binoculars and fishing hat lol

Bushido

Man with all those Luke costumes, makes me think you're Rebel Legion. If you have room why not bring them all. Clothing costumes are definitely easier to bring than armored.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

AbsolutelyCursed

I am so totally up for this. Hopefully I can pull it off. I've always wanted to cosplay as a character from SW and was thinking about doing either Han Solo or a Sith character. So glad this could be a possible gathering.

Dagger-6

Since we had a couple of Halo/Mass Effect/Aliens whatnot costumes from sci-fis that don't typically fit in with Anime, would you be interested in merging into one big gathering?

One of the neatest little photos we had was when a couple of us Halo guys were fighting off an Alien Xenomorph and then two Sheperds came in to save the day.  Would be great to have something like that, and figured I'd throw it out here before possibly making a new thread. ^^

That being said, I'd love to make a Bounty Hunter costume...been wanting to put one together since the cinematic was first released.  But we'll see how much time i have.

For those planning on making TOR costumes, if anyone local to the bay area needs any help with glassing/foam/sculpting/molding, feel free to let me know.

TifaIA

This...would be so awesome. I think you have just nailed my 4th costume for the weekend.

I'm in the process of gathering materials for Kaliyo from TOR (the IA companion). <3 her badassness. http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Kaliyo_Djannis  Hopefully I can get this accomplished in time. Overloading myself now. XD

Bushido

I don't have a problem with merging groups. Since our genre is niche within the general Fanime cosplay groups, merging would probably be a better idea. Though it's not my say since I did not make this thread.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Maskenlav

Quote from: Bushido on June 06, 2012, 11:03:43 PM
Man with all those Luke costumes, makes me think you're Rebel Legion.

I actually wanted to apply, but I dont think there is a base out here lol I'd be the lonesome representative here if they accepted my app

AbsolutelyCursed

@ Foxberry

Assuming Fanime will run from May 24 thru the 27 in 2013, how about having the gathering on Saturday May 25th. Reason, next year is the 30th anniversary of the release of Return of the Jedi and it came out on May 25, 1983.

Just a suggestion.

Foxberry

Apologies for the late response to all of this. I've been super busy lately with some irl stuff; that I host with Bay Area Conventions.

Bushido; That would be totally epic really to see some of the 501st in the gathering. And thank you for the links!

Trooper 715; As for the suggestion of merging for sci-fi; um the problem is; is how far do we go with it? Mind you it could make it massively huge because there is a lot of scifi-/anime/ as well. But I will take this into consideration. We could make it a Bioware/Lucas gathering which would cover a lot as well.

AbsolutelyCursed; That would be, amazing! That's a great idea. :) I like the idea of it on the 25th.

onnabugeisha

omgomg, I am glad to see this! I want to join!
maybe as a female Luke, obi wan, not sure xD
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
Ling Xiaoyu  - Tekken
Reika  - Gantz
Sailor Mars Eternal - Sailor Moon
Gatherings:
Soi Fon- Bleach Gathering
Fem! Obi wan - Star Wars Gathering
Lady Sif - DC/Marvel Gathering
Sentai Magiranger; MagiPink -Kamen Rider/Super Sen

animeangelfish

A friend of mine and I are doing humanized versions of Ewoks.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Bushido

I have ask some members from 501st Central California Garrison to join us on Saturday as well as my own garrison up here. Hopefully we can get a good amount of troopers to attend. I also understand that several Mandolorian Mercs will be here as well so the number looks pretty good.

I will bring my Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and my animated Clonetrooper Commander Wolffe.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper