Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

echoshadow

I remember you, do you remember me? lol.

I think this time around we should plan a 21+ m&g on top of the original m&g, but like always it  depends where. I really haven't been to any of the local watering holes in downtown, so I really don't know the prices and how good it would fit a party of 6 or more people.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

I remember you! Good to hear from you, looks like your keeping busy. Congrats on graduating! Finally everyone is staring to pop on this page again. :) I like the facebook idea, most everyone has one and get on out more often then this. There we can come up with places, times and what not. so how is everyone doing so far? fanime is getting closer and closer. ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: echoshadow on February 04, 2013, 05:59:14 AM
I remember you, do you remember me? lol.

I think this time around we should plan a 21+ m&g on top of the original m&g, but like always it  depends where. I really haven't been to any of the local watering holes in downtown, so I really don't know the prices and how good it would fit a party of 6 or more people.
hey echo!! yea definitely remember you. i scrolled through the posts and i recognized a couple of screennames and watnot
i could ask a couple of friends of mine who live in san jose and see what they recommend wit both the 21+ and the regular group

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 04, 2013, 07:30:37 AM
I remember you! Good to hear from you, looks like your keeping busy. Congrats on graduating! Finally everyone is staring to pop on this page again. :) I like the facebook idea, most everyone has one and get on out more often then this. There we can come up with places, times and what not. so how is everyone doing so far? fanime is getting closer and closer. ;D
hiii!! and yea busy busy busy. last semester and all, basically got senioritis, putting a show together with my step team which is always fun
and yea now that they came out wit the website (which looks awesome), and registration and everything, i think ppl are starting to come back to the forums and getting back into the swing of things. facebook is a good idea and kane and i can organize that again since thats wat we did last year.

like i said, i'm just really busy
but i'll stop being busy once i graduate XD

so from what ive been reading, it looks like we want to keep with the thursday theme
but what about moving it to friday?
not summer yet, so ppl still be busy and all
or maybe have the original on thurs and the 21+ on friday?
i dont know if im actually reiterating what someone already said (wasn't really paying attention)
but yeaa...

just throwing some ideas out there
:)
cant wait to get back into the swing of planning things. i, as always, will be going in normal clothes LOL
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah school had kept me busy as well. :P and work can't forget about work. :-\ I like the that meet up but of its changed I am fine with that as well. Seeing everyone again will be so much fun! :)
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I'll say friday for the 21+ m&g. Its a great way to end the frist day of fanime. We'll just keep thursday for the dinner m&g.

I'll start a new thread for the 21+ m&g. That should give us an idea how many people would be intersted, or at lest brain strom some ideas.

Great to hear you'll be on the b&w dance staff. What are you going to be doing? Maybe next year I'll join up for staff or at lest volunter.

princesskitty18

i'm gonna be helping with the dance lessons and be on hand when they do decorations and stuff for the ball
last year i was a volunteer, and the 6 years before that i had just been an attendee.
but being a volunteer was amazing because i got to actually meet the men and women who i had already admired from before
and actually talkign to them and chattin with them is always fun too :)

i used to spend a lot of my time like wandering around dealers hall, doin karaoke
but i literally spent all my time last year in the ballroom because i had so much fun
it was awesome :D

echoshadow

I'm actually looking forward to the b&w ball this year. Last year was my first time, the year before I was kind of late and not really dressed for it. So being out of the dance scene for the last 5 years was like learning it all over again. Needless to say I'll be taking full advantage of the dance lessons.

I started a new thread for the 21+ m&g lets see how much interest it gets.

princesskitty18

Quote from: echoshadow on February 05, 2013, 06:30:53 AM
I'm actually looking forward to the b&w ball this year. Last year was my first time, the year before I was kind of late and not really dressed for it. So being out of the dance scene for the last 5 years was like learning it all over again. Needless to say I'll be taking full advantage of the dance lessons.

I started a new thread for the 21+ m&g lets see how much interest it gets.
well i'll definitely be there teaching/assisting some of the dances so hit me up :)
and the dance lessons are a lot of fun because you either meet someone who has enoguh experience to lead you through it, or u meet someone whos a complete newbie like you and you both laugh your way through it
all and all, its a fun experience :)

Lucifargundam

Quote from: princesskitty18 on February 05, 2013, 08:25:18 AM
dance lessons are a lot of fun because you either meet someone who has enoguh experience to lead you through it, or u meet someone whos a complete newbie like you and you both laugh your way through it
I need to touch up on my dancing... it's been a while :P

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

princesskitty18

Quote from: Lucifargundam on February 05, 2013, 10:16:47 PM
dance lessons are a lot of fun because you either meet someone who has enoguh experience to lead you through it, or u meet someone whos a complete newbie like you and you both laugh your way through it
I need to touch up on my dancing... it's been a while :P
theres lessons (i believe) friday afternoon-friday night, all day saturday, and all day sunday until about like..3 or 4-ish
if they follow the schedule from last year :D
come on out!!

Lucifargundam

I need to touch up on my dancing... it's been a while :P I'll send you a PM

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

kane64

Quote from: princesskitty18 on February 03, 2013, 11:44:27 PM
hey haunter, hey kane, remember me? haha

going to fanime again this year, but this time i'll be official staff for black and white ball
and again..not cosplaying. but hopefully this time i wont have a bum ankle!! lol
if theres something goin on this year, i'd love to be a part of it
either 21+ (which my boyfriend and i can make) or a non-21+ is do-able
and i should be able to make anything on thursday

i graduate college at the end of april, so for the month of may before fanime, i'll be bumming around the house, learning dance lessons and searching for a job before grad school starts

but if kane/justin (i think...) if u wanna chat up on fb and create another fb meetup event that woudl be chill

cant wait to hopefully see all y'all again in may
<3
Hey there Kitty/Jackie,

Yeah, it looks like there will be a meet up again on Thursday night after pre-reg is done. Any who, I guess since we have started up the new year and registration has started up, I can update the list of people who want to attend the meetup. So, so far we have Hunter, Kitty, Echo and me going on Thursday right? Anyone else want to try and make it for the Thursday meet? No age limit for that one.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

Well, I updated the Facebook meetup page. So everyone can post there too.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/

Feel free to join up there too.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Maskenlav

Wow I missed alot lol  hows everyone gearing up for the next 3 months?
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

echoshadow

Yo, Welcome back.
As for me saving up for another con. I'm about set for Fanime just need to square away a few things.

Haunterluvcookies

Didn't miss to much on here but as the con gets closer this forum has sprung to life. Fanime is so close! I have so many cosplays to very done before hand. Can't wait to see everyone again! This is way to exciting!  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Personally, not much planned on my end, aside from the meetup planning. I wanted to get a hotel room this year but found them to be too expensive for my liking or they were already sold out for that weekend. ARG!!
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

If you wait till around April you'll see a few more hotel rooms open up. A lot of people cancel rooms.

Actually compared to AX, Fanime's hotel rates are 40% cheaper.

Maskenlav

Alright haha just felt dead without being here lol yeah he's right it's like ALWAYS booked months before it, but closer to it people cancel or no show.

echshadow: yeah thats cause AX is the number 1 con in like California so of course they'd bump it as much as they can to make profit lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

firebomber

Man, I hope I can make it out there this year. Love San Jose and Fanime!