Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

kane64

Hey everyone,

Though I would get an early jump on this and start the planning now. Haha

So who is planning to go to Fanime 2013?? Who has already bought their advanced tickets?? Who wants to meet up and hang out with some new people at con?? Hmm?? Well that's what we are planning to do here, well the last part really. So come on in, chat with us here and help us plan for the up and coming Fanime Con and join us for our Thursday night and possibly Friday night meet up.

If you are not aware, we are planning a meet up for Thursday night, around 8pm, location to be determined.

People who are planning to go on Thursday night currently:
Haunterluvcookies
Kane64
virilevocalist
Barnes
Maskenlav
echoshadow
CeruleanRogue
glorificus
princesskitty18
TofuHopper +1

People who would like to meet-up on Friday night:
Kane64
Haunterluvcookies
virilevocalist
Barnes
Maskenlav
echoshadow
CeruleanRogue
princesskitty18
clickclackbang
mr.shikinami

If you want to join in with us and would like to be put on the list, just post here or send me a PM and I will happily add you to the list. Also, if you could, please indicate if you will be bringing friends with you to the meet up.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

virilevocalist

Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Barnes

I already paid for my badge, and I'm down for a Thurs. night thing  8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Haunterluvcookies

I am so gonna make it thursday this time! I am not gonna miss this...  :P

Hello everyone... can't wait to see you all next year. ;D
Haven't bought my ticket yet, I am the stupid conger who runs out of money on the last day. But I will buy it the minute it comes on the site. Well I hoping we could bring our heads together and think of somthing fun to do other than food because like metioned not everyone wanted food. I did cause I am always hungry hehe...
Well I am glad that old faces showed up and are ready to meet up once again...
And the meet up I did attend was so much fun... Can't wait for next year.

So another thing I am wondering... Cosplay plans?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

hey guys this time for SURE I'll be there for the meet up as I already motivated/determined myself to do it without any side interruptions! My next year cosplay plan is to be a character from the a side scroller shoot-lots-of-things-for-major-points-combos anime game called Timeless for the 360. I will be wearing a tuxedo with a semi-large pink heart armband around my elbow and carry a homemade staff with a larger pink heart with 3 spikes, 2 on the sides and 1 on top  ;D
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

kane64

Personally, I haven't really put much thought into what I want to do next year. I have some back up plans in case I can't get something up and running, but I would really like to dress up as Kazuma from S-cry-ed. Sadly, since that requires a lot of molding and such, I doubt that I will be able to get it all done before next year. Haha
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Kazuma is amazing! I must have pics, that show is amazing.

I have like 4 planned so far...
Hetalia- China
Alice in the Country of Hearts- Ace
Tales of Symphonia- Raine
D. Gray-Man- Link

I also might have another friend coming...mabye at least.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Another meet up sounds great. Lets defenitly plan this one out better.

Hopefuly we won't have any issues like what happen on day 0. And the schedule wont be out 1 day before the con. That way we could go to some events together.

Next year I'll make sure to get my cosplays in hand and not wait for some dude at Fanime.

Now, back to planing for AX.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Imagine

Hahah, so it already begins, eh?

Well, I haven't bought a badge since I really don't know if I'm sure to have the time next year, but if I do, I hope to make it to one of these. This last year got kinda screwed by the ridiculous badge pickup line, hopefully that'll be better next year.
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

Haunterluvcookies

I am so gald that alot of last attendees want to do it again. So if everything goes right on thursday we can se each other again.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

knowing fanime I'm sure somethings bound to happen again on thursday since their not known for being 100% on top of things lol but if it does, after badge pick up I'll report right to the group!

Haunterluvcookies

I am going way early so I can get a good place in line. Even if I have to wait a couple of hours. I am not going to have anymore problems with badge pick up next year.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Hii! I'm not sure if I'm going next year yet until I hear news about improvements! Fanime was fun but I was still a bit disappointed. I might go just to see you guys :)

kane64

I have noticed that the convention itself hasn't been as entertaining as it was a few years ago, but I am thinking that is in part due to the Earthquake for the 2011 con and this years power outage. I am hoping that it turns out better next year. And if not, I know I will have more fun since we are planning this meet up a little bit better and a whole lot earlier then last time. Haha
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

I love fanime and I am just hoping it will get better next year. No constrution, power outages and what nots.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

it's funny how Sac-anime is moving to it's own convention center after this summer show and I'm more hyped about the move than about fanime 2013 lol I guess once you've been around you lose that magic? Don't get me wrong I love spending a full weekend away and meeting new people but if that's the main reason/motivation for people then not much for fanime itself lol

kane64

Sadly, I don't think the construction will be done by then, though we can hope that it will be. Cause once it is, that just means more rooms for other stuff for the con itself.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Maskenlav

Quote from: kane64 on June 11, 2012, 12:35:59 AM
Sadly, I don't think the construction will be done by then, though we can hope that it will be. Cause once it is, that just means more rooms for other stuff for the con itself.

what do you think their putting in that big lot? I saw someone post a blueprint picture of what it would look like and it looks like some extra office space and by the pic the front parking passenger dropoff/pickup lot will be pushed up to the street and become a bracket shaped small zone, like  [   that. I hope they DONT cause having some office space and smaller zone would mean the eventual end for fanime AT the convention center with fountains gone and corporation literally next to us will kill the anime fandom vibe

Haunterluvcookies

I hope not I like that convention center and the places that surround it!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

At first glance it may look like it's going to be an office building, but in fact it's just an expansion of the convention hall with a ballroom, more rooms for con related things and an outdoor event space.

You should read up on it...

http://www.sanjose.org/content/san-jose-convention-center-expansion-and-renovation-opening-fall-2013
-Deaf Pedestrians