Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

echoshadow

I was there all 4 days. I saw the Lisa and Function Junction. Thoese where really great, Function Junction played almost 2 hours insane!
I was bummed out I didn't make the lolital fashion show or the lolita tea party, it was crazy how it was sold out. Other than that the usually panels, screening and spending money in the dealers hall.

Some how the room partys where a lot better this year it seem like an equal amount of boy/girl ratio.

The only thing that sucked was the x games closeing down the streets. It just made the walk longer. Other then that the x games crowd was not that bad. There where a few minor altercations but that was just your typical drunk guy making a pass at a female cosplayer.

I almost started a fight but security where there in a flash that was cool.

Other than that it was awesome. Meet some new friends, partied hard, and had a blast.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

kane64

Well, it has been a while since I have posted, and as I can see a while for everyone else too. So I figure that we should start this ball rolling again and start our prepping for our meet up again this year.
Whose with me?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

I'm down, although.. I kind of want to do 21+ meet and great, maybe like a room party. I thought about just going to a bar/club/restaurant but it can get too expensive or too crowed. Unless we have our own both/table. So a room party would be best.
But that's all up in the air... nothing serious. There lots of time to plan out something.

Haunterluvcookies

I am with you! There hasn't been much activity on the forums, haven't been on in awhile. I wonder when fanime will bring up the new site. I can't wait for our group meet up.  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: echoshadow on August 23, 2012, 05:44:41 AM
I'm down, although.. I kind of want to do 21+ meet and great, maybe like a room party. I thought about just going to a bar/club/restaurant but it can get too expensive or too crowed. Unless we have our own both/table. So a room party would be best.
But that's all up in the air... nothing serious. There lots of time to plan out something.

I think this could be fun, we just need to figure out a good day and time. If anything, I would think Thursday night around 11pm to midnight would be a good time for the 21+ meet up.

And maybe a 6-8pm meet up for the under 21 meet up?

What's everyone's opinion of this idea?
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on August 23, 2012, 12:25:16 PM
I am with you! There hasn't been much activity on the forums, haven't been on in awhile. I wonder when fanime will bring up the new site. I can't wait for our group meet up.  ;D
I think the reason for minimal activity was due to people going on vacations, school or work. And lets hope that this year they can get the schedule out a little earlier then last year, and that there is no power outages at the Convention Center this time. haha
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

yeah hoping next year will not have as many problems as there was this year
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

The main problem was the schedule went up 2 days before day zero. That just shot down any planing we had. And the power outage well that was a freak accedent.

As far as a day 0 21+ m&g that sound great. Over at AX we moved our 21+ m&g to day 0 and it was big turn out.

I'll think more about it in the coming months.

Haunterluvcookies

if my friends comes...  not all of them are over 21. Yeah I would really like to make it to the thursday gathering because last years failed.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

That's why I think we should have 2 sets of meetings, one for the any age group and another one for those over 21. We can start with ideas for what everyone wants to do for the meet up and kind of go from there.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Sorry I won't without my friends and I really don't drink anyways. However they might not be going after all. So how is everyone cosplay plans going?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on August 28, 2012, 08:59:13 PM
Sorry I won't without my friends and I really don't drink anyways. However they might not be going after all. So how is everyone cosplay plans going?
Mine isn't going at all. After loosing my job, I am to short on the cash to work on it. I may just revive an old cosplay.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

yeah money is tight as well but I am going to acomplish the cosplays I want to really do.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Agh, cosplay... don't remind me. I still haven't got mine from that scamer I commissioned.
Besides that...

I think 2 meet ups would be best. Not following each other, but on separate days. It would be a huge bummer to have everyone meet up then tell them sorry but from here on, its only 21+.

Sucks to hear about your job Kane. I hope you find one soon. You'll find more openings once school starts.

Haunterluvcookies

I am starting on my cosplays.. its going so slow though. I need to work faster.

So some comissser isn't giving you the costume you ordered?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Yep, it should have been done before the start of Fanime. I commisioned him on it since April.

I made a thread about in the buyers/selllers feedback section. It saves me the effort to explain it all.

Haunterluvcookies

Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Quote from: echoshadow on August 31, 2012, 09:13:09 PM
Yep, it should have been done before the start of Fanime. I commisioned him on it since April.

I made a thread about in the buyers/selllers feedback section. It saves me the effort to explain it all.

hope you didn't get duped! I really don't commission people UNLESS I've had a 100% guaranteed and legit business. Or I get personal lady friends to help sew/make them lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

onnabugeisha

I would love to join a meetup for next year! I am most likely going to with a friend or alone
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
Ling Xiaoyu  - Tekken
Reika  - Gantz
Sailor Mars Eternal - Sailor Moon
Gatherings:
Soi Fon- Bleach Gathering
Fem! Obi wan - Star Wars Gathering
Lady Sif - DC/Marvel Gathering
Sentai Magiranger; MagiPink -Kamen Rider/Super Sen

kane64

Well, I know for a fact that I am probably going to have a friend in tow for the actual con, but hopefully I can go to the meet up on Thursday night alone. But we will see.
-Deaf Pedestrians