Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

echoshadow

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on September 01, 2012, 01:01:15 AM
Whats the cosplay?

I hope you get soon!

Quote from: Maskenlav on September 07, 2012, 09:42:40 PM
hope you didn't get duped! I really don't commission people UNLESS I've had a 100% guaranteed and legit business. Or I get personal lady friends to help sew/make them lol

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17617.0.html
That's the link to my story.
I'll be doing that form now on Maskenlav. Besides the time and effort to drive up there and do what ever, is really not worth it. I'll rather see his name be dragged on the mud in the forums till he correct's his mistake.

Quote from: onnabugeisha on September 09, 2012, 12:24:10 PM
I would love to join a meetup for next year! I am most likely going to with a friend or alone
Back on topic, sure it would be great to have you both along, if both of you can make it. But we still have to make the plans for it.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

I am so sorry for all your troubles. Wow that is so messed up to do that to people. I really hope you get some justice and he gets a really bad rep. >:(
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

you make sure that guy KNOWS what he did was not cool Echo! Anyway possible! Even if it becomes the talk of the convention!

on side note with fanime creeping back into our minds slowly with each passing month, how's everyone been preparing? Making or ordering costumes this time?
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on September 28, 2012, 11:52:42 PM
you make sure that guy KNOWS what he did was not cool Echo! Anyway possible! Even if it becomes the talk of the convention!

on side note with fanime creeping back into our minds slowly with each passing month, how's everyone been preparing? Making or ordering costumes this time?
Chances are good that I am just going to slap together something or do a repeat of past years for my cosplay. Don't have the funlds and since not having a job for over a month really put a damper on what I can spend my money on.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Maskenlav on September 28, 2012, 11:52:42 PM

I am sorry that the costume didn't work out, that was so messed up. Hope you can have all the cosplays you want for next fanime.
~~~~ >.>
I am way to excited for fanime, been looking at videos and pics from the last fanime! I am going to be buying most of my costumes, some will be closet cosplay.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I'm sure I'll have some type of cosplay by then, Which kind of reminds me I should really try and buy a cheap tux for the Black & White Ball. I was at a recent formal event, my tux rental had a hole in it. And diffenitly better dancing shoes.

On a side note the more I think about it, a room party does sound nice. A few of my friends may drive up form socal for fanime. but ohs wells more planing..

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah we have a while so we must plan some awesome things to do. has anyone heard when the fanime regisrtaion is going to be up?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I don't know its always some random time. Chances are the beginning of the new year or maybe in December?

Haunterluvcookies

I heard a rumor that mabye they were going to do pre-reg and hotel together. I hope really hope thats not the case, because that would be disatorious.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I know, they think we are made out of money.

I can only see how that would work out, if it had a set date on when it would be up. That way everyone would have the money ready.

Remember its the same people that thought releasing the offical Fanime schuedule 2 days before day 0 was a good idea.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on October 05, 2012, 06:59:45 PM
I heard a rumor that mabye they were going to do pre-reg and hotel together. I hope really hope thats not the case, because that would be disatorious.

that's just straight up not good. That will SCARE away attendees NOT bring them. They just should stick to pre-reg pricing and let the hotels deal with their own discounts or rates.

Quote from: echoshadow on October 05, 2012, 08:56:44 PM
I know, they think we are made out of money.

I can only see how that would work out, if it had a set date on when it would be up. That way everyone would have the money ready.

Remember its the same people that thought releasing the offical Fanime schuedule 2 days before day 0 was a good idea.

I know dude, they think we'll just fork over whatever they price things with a click of a button. They have easy income BECAUSE of us, while were out looking for jobs like a hunter's dog. I really HOPE they release schedules WAY before fanime's Day 0, infact they should go back to their previous ways like before 09. It was simple and effective. Now their just trying to add sub departments under sub departments lol

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah They need a better way to handle these kinds of things. Pre-reg and hotel have alway been sepreate and thats how it should be
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Haunterluvcookies

Okay so its almost december, well sort of. Not a peep from the fanime site, and registration isnt up, has anyone heard anything?

What has everyone been up to?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Well, most of the time things get rolling by mid December or early new years. Pretty much when college brakes start, since most of the staff is either working part time or students.

I guess I should start saving up.. if you think about it there is only 6 months left to go for fanime 2013.

Haunterluvcookies

I need to start working on my cosplay's faster! I am running out of time
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Hey everyone. I know it's slowly getting closer to Fanime as we make it through the holidays. So I just want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and hope to see you all at the up coming Fanime.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Rhornez

i hope i have a cosplay that i can wear by the time fanime rolls out.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Maskenlav

Hope everyone will have a happy new years! See you guys in 2013 yeah? Haha

virilevocalist

Well, looks like registration still isn't up... I wonder what's happening.  ???
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Lucifargundam

Quote from: virilevocalist on January 17, 2013, 08:30:03 PM
Well, looks like registration still isn't up... I wonder what's happening.  ???
I stole all the registrate.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.