Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

Lucifargundam

What's a cosplay and registration was over 2months ago... :p

No clue what to cosplay as. Would ask for ideas but that usually doesn't pan out...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

kane64

I hope the hotel registration sets up soon. I don't have a cosplay set up yet. May just do one of my old ones or make some mismatch one...
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Fanime if getting closer...ooooo...hehe :P I was wondering of we were going to try and meet up Thursday and Friday for a dinner or lunch like last year? And other suggestions a well for hanging and stuff? I hope every ones excited!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Lucifargundam

Haunterluvcookies

The party is great suggestion, I am planning on going as well. :)
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

Okay my friends backed out, going to fanime alone again. oh well... :-\
I would love to try and have a Thursday meet up dinner for those who come on Thursday. Or try to have one considering what happened last year. I hope we can have more people and hang out more during the con. Does anyone have any ideas?  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Hi everyone, it has been a while. Anyways..
I have been thinkg of a roon party-ish, at lest thats what my roomies want, there is no set word as of today.

Thursday night meet up, for sure. But instead of going to a restuant how about we order delivery. That way we wont have to walk more than we have too. I know of a great pizza place I had after Fanime.

I'll aslo go to the pita meet up, but really it isn't much.of a party just a lunchen. Also depens what time, and if I'm avaible.

@hunter no worries after 2 years of my friends skiping out on anime cons I stoped asking them to go. Even though I did offer to buy their badges. Besides I always meet cool people to hang out with at every con.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

Delivery sounds like an interesting idea. What is the place called? Yeah I have given up on asking them but I can't blame them, money is hard to come by. :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Lucifargundam

Why not just have everyone meet at the park with a bunch of pizza and soda on thursday after you pick up your badge?

echoshadow

I like that idea of a picnic too last year, but... after sun set is get pretty chilly very quick. Also is the same reason why you never see anyone hanging at the park at night.
I wouldn't want to hang out in the park after sunset either let alone wait for people to show up. I might end up having a long conversion about tin foil hats and the government with the random bums there.

So that's why I want to have it in one of the hotel lobbies, a room, or somewhere at the con inside.

If I remember correctly I think it was Jake, or Jack's Pizza. I was very good. I'm sure the locals know about it. I go there every time I'm in norcal.

Haunterluvcookies

Pizza sound yummy, I liked when went to the I heart pizza. On the other have, I rather stay where its warm and safe. Also we have to come up with a meeting time and place. Then we can all chip in for pizza and what ever else we would need. I hope that pre-reg this year hours smoothly and nobody is stuck in line forever.when
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Well, speaking of pre-reg looks like it will be held in one of the ballrooms in the Fairmont hotel. That is going to be interesting.

I can already feel the headache. But I hope your right, and it all goes smooth.

Haunterluvcookies

I think making pre-reg in the fairmont is going to cause trouble. The massive line will interfoir with hotel activies such as arriving con goers. I know its because of construction but i just see huge problems. But i could be wrong.  :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Lucifargundam

Is the exact room known? Will there be signs to let ppl know where it is?

Haunterluvcookies

They said it will be in two of their ballrooms. I think the site says which two but I don't remember exactly right now.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Barnes

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on January 31, 2013, 05:38:04 PM
They said it will be in two of their ballrooms. I think the site says which two but I don't remember exactly right now.

From here: http://www.fanime.com/attendee-registration-faq/

QuoteQ: When/Where can I pick up my membership for Pre-Registration?
A: Pre-Registration members can pick up their badges starting on Thursday, May 23, 2013; they will not be mailed beforehand. You can pick up your badge at the Pre-Registration/Early Registration area in the Imperial and Fairmont Regency ballrooms of the Fairmont Hotel. Please note that this location is different from previous years due to construction in the San Jose Convention Center.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Barnes on January 31, 2013, 11:41:27 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on January 31, 2013, 05:38:04 PM

From here: http://www.fanime.com/attendee-registration-faq/
Yes, but which will will be early and which will be pre? or are they both- both? That's what I was wondering (sorry for not clarifying)...

Barnes

^ That part I do not know. Maybe there will be one line for both?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

princesskitty18

hey haunter, hey kane, remember me? haha

going to fanime again this year, but this time i'll be official staff for black and white ball
and again..not cosplaying. but hopefully this time i wont have a bum ankle!! lol
if theres something goin on this year, i'd love to be a part of it
either 21+ (which my boyfriend and i can make) or a non-21+ is do-able
and i should be able to make anything on thursday

i graduate college at the end of april, so for the month of may before fanime, i'll be bumming around the house, learning dance lessons and searching for a job before grad school starts

but if kane/justin (i think...) if u wanna chat up on fb and create another fb meetup event that woudl be chill

cant wait to hopefully see all y'all again in may
<3
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/