Looking for people to hang out with this year(2013)

Started by kane64, June 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

echoshadow

Quote from: kane64 on April 19, 2013, 04:52:06 PM
As for Friday's meet up, it all depends on what everyone wants to do? I'm sure a lot of people want to do a later in the day meet up, close to dinner time.

Well for Friday, I'm not sure what everyone's time would be good. Last years seem a bit too late but I guess that going to depend solely on the schedule, once it comes out. I really do feel like a broken record saying that over and over again.

Tell then how about we plan the meet up spot, dinner options, etc..
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

kane64

Quote from: echoshadow on April 29, 2013, 12:21:26 AM
Quote from: kane64 on April 19, 2013, 04:52:06 PM
As for Friday's meet up, it all depends on what everyone wants to do? I'm sure a lot of people want to do a later in the day meet up, close to dinner time.

Well for Friday, I'm not sure what everyone's time would be good. Last years seem a bit too late but I guess that going to depend solely on the schedule, once it comes out. I really do feel like a broken record saying that over and over again.

Tell then how about we plan the meet up spot, dinner options, etc..
Well I think for the Friday meetup I'm just going to make myself available and so anyone who wants to meetup can hit me up and we can work on a location at that point. Kind of make a mobile meetup for Friday. If anyone has a better idea I'm all for hearing it.

As for Thursday, I was thinking we should meet at the same location we did last year, hopefully this time there won't be a power outage that will cause the meetup to be weird.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Sounds fine. How about the friday meet up be out side the karaoke room like last year, asumming its in the same spot this year.
As for thursday not sure if we are allowed in the con.

princesskitty18

Quote from: echoshadow on May 03, 2013, 02:25:03 AM
Sounds fine. How about the friday meet up be out side the karaoke room like last year, asumming its in the same spot this year.
As for thursday not sure if we are allowed in the con.
karaoke is always in the same room so that could work out
i know that i will be there for the contest :D
for thursday, only ppl who are doin early reg or pre reg could get in, but thats only just to get their badges
if ppl wanna meet OUTSIDE of the convention on thurs just to hang then that could be an option
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

kane64

I figure we can do the same meetup location as last year for the Thursday meetup. Here is a picture of the convention center and the location we had for last year's meetup marked on it.

This area won't be limited to people who have their con badges and whatnot. Anyone who happens to want to make it to the meetup can go to this area and meet. I figure it would be easier to give people an idea of where we can go.
Feel free to copy the image and mark an area that you would like the meetup to be. I know some of you want to have it in/outside of the meeting room "C" for the Friday meetup. I don't see that as being an issue. :)
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Quote from: kane64 on May 03, 2013, 10:57:56 PM
I figure we can do the same meetup location as last year for the Thursday meetup...
Well..you kind of forget....no one showed up for the Thursday meet up last year.

Now on to more important news.

So...this may or may not kill the Thursday meet up. But since pre-reg. badge pick up will open on 7:00 pm, yes that's right 7:00 pm at night there would be a chance everyone might get their badge till after 10:00 pm

So. I'm currently debating where or not just to cancel Thursday meet up or just have it late at night? For those that planed showing up on Thursday what do you think?

kane64

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2013, 01:50:42 AM
Well..you kind of forget....no one showed up for the Thursday meet up last year.

Now on to more important news.

So...this may or may not kill the Thursday meet up. But since pre-reg. badge pick up will open on 7:00 pm, yes that's right 7:00 pm at night there would be a chance everyone might get their badge till after 10:00 pm

So. I'm currently debating where or not just to cancel Thursday meet up or just have it late at night? For those that planed showing up on Thursday what do you think?
Wow, that's stupid to have the badge pickup be so late on Thursday. If that's the case we can do the meetup somewhere outside of the con or somewhere in the line for early pick up. But if that's the case for early pick up this year, I am just going to wait until Friday to get my badge.

Personally, I still think we can do the meetup on Thursday. We just need to be better organized with the meetup then last year. And as for last year, some of us did get to do the meetup, but since the con had the power outage, they made us move from the meetup spot and that just messed everything up.
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

On another note, less then 2 weeks away, is everyone getting ready? Anyone getting excited for the con? Has everyone got what they plan to dress up as all set up?(I know I don't yet)
-Deaf Pedestrians

Kpmonkeygirl

""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

echoshadow

Well I say who ever still wants to meet up for Thursday we can but it would be very late at night. Around 10-11?..........

Or how about we just do it early? I'm sure most of us well be settled in our rooms buy 3:30 pm so why not just move it to 5:00-6:00 pm. That way we can have our dinner early and still kind of hang out in line to pick up our badge?

And I'm all ready..mostly, still have a few things to get ready. Need to find my luggage maybe get some shoes, hair cut, etc.

princesskitty18

for this thursday meeting i probly wont be down in san jose until 7 at the earliest. dont get off work til 5 then i gots to take bart and then drive ALLLLL the way down to san jose
but if by 7/8-ish y'all still meeting, then i can come hang :)

echoshadow

There is always Friday just incase Thursday is too busy. I know I'll be checking into my hotel around 4-5.

kane64

Well then Friday's meetup will be evening time in front of the karaoke room, say 10pm?

As for Thursday... I say we still have it at 10pm, but if anyone happens to get there earlier on Thursday, we can make a mobile meetup. I know I am going to be walking the convention hall after I get off of work at 2pm. So if anyone wants to meet up before the official meetup time, I will be around the Con from 3pm until probably midnight. Just so everyone knows what's going on.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

I am sorry guys... I cant come to any of the meet ups. I wont be able to go to fanime because of money issues and plane fare. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend. :(
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 19, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
I am sorry guys... I cant come to any of the meet ups. I wont be able to go to fanime because of money issues and plane fare. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend. :(

awwww okay :( hope everythings okay. hope to see you next year!

CeruleanRogue

If any of you guys are interested, I'm hosting my panel in the Fairmont's panel room from 10-11PM Friday night.  (Same time as the meetup).  If you guys are interested, it'd be great to see you!

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 19, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
That's a bummer that you can't make it. Hopefully you can make it next year.

Quote from: CeruleanRogue on May 20, 2013, 08:21:03 PM
If any of you guys are interested, I'm hosting my panel in the Fairmont's panel room from 10-11PM Friday night.  (Same time as the meetup).  If you guys are interested, it'd be great to see you!
What is your panel about if you don't mind me asking?
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Sorry you can't make it hunterluvcookies, heres to next year, or AX?

Anyway... should we get a head count as to who will actually show up? Seems as we three are the only active posters as of late.

Also the panel is The Dark Side of Magical Girls.

princesskitty18

if this is the thursday one, then i'll be around the area anytime after ummm 6:30 at the earliest. im gettin my staff badge and my boyfriends gettin his early-reg badge

lemme kno whats goin on

Jerry

Thursday is technically "DAY ZERO"

officially fanime runs May 24-27 Friday thru Monday. per the website.

though most ppl show up early on thursday for pre-reg and other activies since staff is known to set up early cuz they're awesome like that! :D

all the adventures, all the time... at least thru memorial day weekend for us fans of nerdly stuffs.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D