Fanimecon '13 Musicfest, What acts would you suggest?

Started by eralston, June 13, 2012, 12:12:08 PM

opalwhisker

I really want to see more kpop groups!!

VIXX would be good, they've performed at cons before (ohayocon for one)
some groups that may be more difficult to get a hold of but would be ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY AWESOME would be:
U-KISS (would be good because they actually have quite a few japanese songs if it's a must)
Exo
B.A.P
Nu'est
B1A4 (also has some japanese songs)

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Spark Miko Miko

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

M

(I'm making this post in place of hoboware.)

Post can be found here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18036.0.html

Here is a truncated version of the quote of the post:
Quote from: hoboware on February 19, 2013, 11:48:06 PM
Hey guys, just registered to the forums today despite being a regular con attendee since 2008. I must say I'm very excited to be a part of such a large gathering of anime fanatics. Now I can ramble on about my experiences, but that's not why I'm here. I have one small request to be made to the staff of Fanime Con 2013...

INVITE MEGA64 TO FANIME!!!
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tetsuo

I'm gonna say that there are way too many votes for vk bands.There needs to be more suggestions that actually lean towards anime genres and not towards screaming fangirls and such. Here at Brotaku, we've amassed a large library of music from different anime genres and the like. There are even some personal favorite bands thrown in just for more variety.

Here's a compiled list of some favorites from us here at Brotaku (visit us at http://www.burotaku.com/):

- 9mm Parabellum Bullet
- Shoji Meguro
- Mirraz
- Ootsuki Kenji
- Perfume
- Capsule
- Yuru Yuri cast
- Coda (for JoJo)
- Vocaloid Live (the actual holograph, not Vocalekt)
- Shintani Ryoko and Tamura Yukari
- HTT (Yes, K-On)
- HINOI team (NIGHT OF FIRE)
- BACK-ON
- Senri Kawaguchi
- JAM Project
- Claris
- Policeman
- fripSide
- supercell
- Halko Momoi
- angela
- Chiaki Ishikawa

(basically, we want it to try to look as close to Animelo as possible)

We hope that this year will entertain all kinds of fans and will continue to do so in the future.

Glitch

Quote from: Tetsuo on February 21, 2013, 10:17:06 PM
I'm gonna say that there are way too many votes for vk bands.There needs to be more suggestions that actually lean towards anime genres and not towards screaming fangirls and such.
Have to agree. I got nothing against the jrock bands, but Fanime needs a little more variety.
Of course these bands are the ones bringing in the attendance and money, so we're stuck with this situation.

M

Quote from: Glitch on February 21, 2013, 10:33:43 PMOf course these bands are the ones bringing in the attendance and money, so we're stuck with this situation.
Us bringing in different bands is a lot different than just "what brings in attendance and money". Besides, if we only did what brings in the most attendance and money, we would never try anything new. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Angelx624

Some vk/jrock bands do themes for anime, you know. Nightmare's done some themes for anime(Death Note, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Mouryou no Hako), SuG did one of the themes to Fairy Tail, and LM.C's done a couple, as well.

We don't just suggest jrock bands only cause we like them and want to see them perform, but cause they, too, are related to anime somehow, and I'm sure others besides us "screaming fangirls" would enjoy seeing them perform, also.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Zero

i'm a vk girl at heart SO i would love to see:

-Golden bomber!
-Lm.c(I didn't get to fully enjoy the performance last time cus my cell phone was stolen during the concert! And there my fav band!  :'(, plus they have tons of new music)
-DaizyStripper
-girugamesh
-the GazettE
-alice nine
-D
-awoi

Jpop/JRock
-ONE OK ROCK!!!! (this would be epic!)
-fear, and loathing in las vegas
-BACKON
-Aqua Timez
-Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
-Arashi(long shot)
-Gackt (a girl can dream lol)
-VAMPS
-abingdon boys school

+It would be cool to have one kpop group in the lineup for musicfest:

-B1A4
-Super Junior
-UKISS
-f(x)

Can't wait to see what fanime gets for MusicFest '13!
Cosplay 2013:
Megurine Luka(Just be Friends)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Saki Usagishi

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on February 11, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
I would love to see FLOW come back
I agree with my husband!!! :D
I treasure ll my signatures and my photo <3

Axiura

I was thinking maybe Nano could come; she's from the states so it wouldn't be that hard for her to get around, and she's pretty popular.

Reyak

Quote from: Axiura on March 06, 2013, 03:03:08 PM
I was thinking maybe Nano could come; she's from the states so it wouldn't be that hard for her to get around, and she's pretty popular.

She does live concerts???
Seconding this to the heavens

AmaRoawr

Amanda Lee ..

Official Website: http://www.amandaleeva.com/

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LeeandLie

Amanda Lee is a voice-over actress and vocalist who is well known on the YouTube community for her English adaptations and covers to songs from anime and video-games. Amanda first discovered her passion back in 2006, gaining love for both voice acting and singing through her YouTube accounts where she has gained over 35,000 subscribers and nearly 6 million combined video views.

In 2011 Amanda won the voice acting portion of AX IDOL, a competition hosted by Bang Zoom! Entertainment and Viz Media in Los Angeles, CA. Since then she has had the pleasure of working on many titles including Media Blaster's Squid Girl, Sentai Filmwork's K-ON (Season 2) and Studio Kontrabida's Rival Threads: Last Class Heroes.

In the last year Amanda has also teamed up with many independant studios to provide vocals for their original soundtracks -- with more on the way! She is also busy working on her first original album which will follow her first single release of "Hide in The Dark" which is now available on Itunes.

HetChrome

I would LOVE if Nano or Piko or ShounenT/Sako Tomohisa could come, but it doesn't seem likely. ;A;

I really want Miyano Mamoru to come! He VA'd for tons of huge roles (Yagami Light, Fushimi Saruhiko, Suoh Tamaki, Ichinose Tokiya), he'll be in a ton of new anime this year (i.e. Karneval), and he has 3 original albums. He's been on concert tours as well, it'd be fantastic if we could get him for Fanime.
It may be too late though, haha. I'm not sure how the invitation system thing works. uwu

ThatGuyAndy

Eyeshine!!!! These guys are an independent band, who have a lot of fans up here. We need them!!!!

Lead Vocals, Guitar: Johnny Yong Bosch
Drums: Maurice Salmin
Lead Guitar: Polo Yazaki
Base: Ginny Eck

Angelx624

Dunno if it's too late to still make suggestions or not, but thought I'd throw Psychic Lover out there. They've done a few themes for anime, such as the opening to Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker, one of the Yugioh GX themes, a theme for Bakugan.....

Oh ya, and they did the themes for Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. XDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)