Keyblade quickdraw idea

Started by Kite, June 15, 2012, 08:29:00 PM

Kite

It was just an interesting game idea I had.

Essentially, the game is about a player who can pop a balloon sitting on a stand the fastest with a keyblade. However the game is a bit more complicated due to the keyblade itself. But something of a surprise I'll say a bit later.

As for the prize, I was thinking of a nice prop keyblade in commemoration for the winner being the quickest keyblader in fanime.

Does this idea seem good?

echoshadow

Sounds like a fun idea, but....you just have to be uber carefull when swinging somthing around with a lot of people wondering around.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: echoshadow on June 15, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
Sounds like a fun idea, but....you just have to be uber carefull when swinging somthing around with a lot of people wondering around.
Basically this. Sounds like it might be best suited to a Stage Zero event, or at least someplace where the people swinging blunt weapons around are cordoned off from the general crowd and they have sufficient room to hit their targets without clipping one another.

Also, wrist straps. Don't want to have somebody's grip slip and a keyblade go flying through a window or clobbering some random passerby.
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

BunofGovt

I've seen some of these keyblades, would most of them be made sturdy enough to withstand hitting the stand?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 16, 2012, 05:04:34 PM
I've seen some of these keyblades, would most of them be made sturdy enough to withstand hitting the stand?
A non-issue if they have to use a horizontal stroke, I imagine. Anchor the balloon target to the stand so it doesn't just get knocked off, and a good full-force horizontal swing would probably do the trick depending on the particular keyblade design and the part that hits. (Or affix a pin on it to pop the balloon, but that might create too much of a hazard.)
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Kite

Quote from: Firefury Amahira on June 17, 2012, 03:07:12 AM

A non-issue if they have to use a horizontal stroke, I imagine. Anchor the balloon target to the stand so it doesn't just get knocked off, and a good full-force horizontal swing would probably do the trick depending on the particular keyblade design and the part that hits. (Or affix a pin on it to pop the balloon, but that might create too much of a hazard.)

I've got the keyblade covered as it'll be made out of foam mostly with the only hard part being the handle. As for the strap like on what you see on a Wii remote is definitely a good idea. So that will definitely be incorporated.

But I thought of the whole tack thing which is the thing that makes it work. However you're right, the tack thing might be condoned as too dangerous.

In the event this part is 'X' out, plan B is that the participant needs to swing the keyblade through a certain obstacle course of sorts which will also be timed. If this were the case then I would need to remake the keyblade to be completely made out of wood.

So I think this should work.