Masquerade question about the "Asian-only" rule.

Started by Chrono180, June 20, 2012, 08:56:22 PM

Chrono180

Ok, so after attending the Masquerade this year, I was inspired and have decided to create a skit of my own for the next year. However, I have a question about the Asain only rule. It says that Asain-inspired anime (which I'm guessing includes stuff like Avatar the last airbender) is allowed. I was wondering if that also applies to Asian-inspired video games. Specifically, Katawa shoujo. It was made a team of westerners, but the game takes place entirely in japan and it definently has an anime-inspired art style. Would a skit based off of Katawa Shoujo be allowed for the next year?

M

I changed the title to better reflect the question.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Dany

As I understood of the past verdict on the matter, the rule specified that the source had to be created in Asia, and that the "look" of the source was not relevant. That said, the masquerade will be run by a new person next year, so their interpretation of current rules may be different.  I would suggest that you bring it to their attention once they announce themselves.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Chrono180

Dany

Quote from: Chrono180 on June 26, 2012, 07:51:43 PM
Allright then, when will that be?

I wish I could tell you when. Don't expect it to be too quick though, since we're only just out of this year's Fanime.  My hope is for fall, as I think the new person needs to come out of the woodwork as soon as possible. But I have no control on that matter unfortunately :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon