Fairmont 2013 Hotel Rooms

Started by Olivine, June 23, 2012, 10:56:23 PM

Olivine

So apparently Fairmont is allowing people to book hotel rooms for Fanime 2013 already, some people have been told that it's normal rate but my friend booked two rooms for $89 a night after a Fairmont employee told her that she could get the Fanime rate. This is becoming extremely confusing and I'm quite suspicious, so what's up guys? xD What is Fairmont doing?
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

Tsubasakissu

Yeah~ I called the Fairmont at their normal number: (408) 998-1900
I asked about Fanime, was transferred to booking/reservations and asked about a Fanime room for May 23rd-27th, and the lady said the discount was available and that alooooot of people had already booked.

BunofGovt

I just checked with the Hilton and the Marriott and neither one had information on rooms under the Fanime convention rate.  I'm sure more information on confirming and/or not confirming will come out from staff.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Olivine

I'm aware of those two hotels not giving Fanime rates, it's the Fairmont I'm concerned with. I'd like this to be cleared up before January, when the hotels are usually officially released, because if people are booking hotels under the Fanime rate that will cause a problem.

kookiekween99

Imagine if the Fairmont fills up before either the Hilton or Marriott...
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

lyricaldanichan

If you try to book a room online at the Hilton for next year, it shows up as unavailable. It sucks cos my husband works for the Hilton and we couldn't book our own rooms for this year or next.

HunterZero

I just tried calling the Fairmont and they referred me to FanimeCon housing, which is a message saying housing is now closed for 2012 and to check the website for information on 2013.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Olivine

And yet we still have people who booked at Fanime rate.
I really wish a staff member would confirm. OTL

M

Quote from: Olivine on July 06, 2012, 02:13:58 PMAnd yet we still have people who booked at Fanime rate.
I really wish a staff member would confirm. OTL
All FanimeCon housing should go through our official housing website (hosted and maintained by CMR). As of this post, none of the hotels should be offering the "FanimeCon" rate until we figure out some other things first.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Suzymofo

I just called around for the Fairmont and you can book a room for their normal rates that weekend, but if you want the Fanime rates then you have to go through the housing department. They don't take reservations for at least another month or so.

So it sounds like the people who say they got the rate talked to someone really cool, or they are mistaken and are paying full price.
FEAR NOT FANIME GOERS, the rooms aren't even available yet :D

royjovero

Why delivery? 4th St. Pizza is only a couple blocks away, like where City Hall is. And the prices are low...

echoshadow

Quote from: royjovero on December 26, 2012, 08:09:23 PM
Why delivery? 4th St. Pizza is only a couple blocks away, like where City Hall is. And the prices are low...
After a whole day if walking its nice not to walk anymore. Besides what if they want pizza from another store?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List