Lost and Found

Started by Freeden, June 28, 2012, 12:01:13 AM

Freeden

So, I've tried emailing the lost and found section several times and haven't had any response. I lost my jacket on the last day of Fanime and would love to get it back if Fanime still has it. Can someone please get back in touch with me about it, that would be great.

airanimechiic

Same here. I emailed them at least 5 times, and the last I heard from them was back in the first week of June.
I lost a pair of expensive sunglasses
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

airanimechiic

Has anyone gotten back something they lost at Fanime?
If not, has anyone been having trouble trying to get replies from lostATfanime?
I've been emailing them about a pair of lost sunglasses- http://i46.tinypic.com/no67ti.jpg - since the end of fanime, and only got one reply in the first week of June and haven't heard from the since.
If anyone who runs lostATfanime or know the person, please contact them and tell them WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES ABOUT OUR MISSING ITEMS.
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

ewu

I will let them know, but with the creation of the new lost and found department, we are still integrating the lostATfanime logistics with the department, AND recovering from con:)

Thanks for your patience!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

airanimechiic

Quote from: ewu on July 04, 2012, 10:44:58 PM
I will let them know, but with the creation of the new lost and found department, we are still integrating the lostATfanime logistics with the department, AND recovering from con:)

Thanks for your patience!

Oh, thank you!
Do you have any idea why they suddenly changed the lost and found department? Does that mean all the lost items from the previous department get relocated/misplaced?
Although, most importantly, do you know when they will be put back properly together to return everyone's stuff? Honestly, it's been over a month- quite disorganized.
Sorry about my rough comments.
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

ewu

I heard back and emails will start going out next week.

There was no issue with losing track of the items, the lostATfanime address was maintained by one person and in the hopes of getting faster replies and your lost items back to you we are having more people work on the task.

We are usually better able to assist you during the convention because we have a larger number of staff handling this aspect. If you find out soon enough and before the end of con, staff that can immediately assist you at the lost and found in the Marriott.....but I do realize that does not help you out now and only mentioned it for future reference and others reading this post.

Thanks again for your patience.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

serpentkris

I lost a 2foot tall charmander plushie last year in the Merriott, when they forced us to store our stuff. Did anyone accidentally get it mixed into their stuff? Also a white/grey fake fur coat. I would give anything to get it back, it was a birthday/anniversary present from my husband. My email is [email protected] if anyone knows where it went.

Enkai

Poster lost, potentially stolen.  I'm not sure where else to report this.

My husband and I bought several posters at artists' alley this afternoon (a set of three posters from one artist, and a couple smaller posters from another artist that we put in the wrapping for one of the others to keep it from getting damaged.  We kept them all together, however when we got home, we only had two of them rather than the three.  The one that is missing, a Lovecraftian Bakery poster, was also holding the two smaller posters; an FLCL set.

My husband believes he may have seen somebody with the posters; he definitely saw somebody with the same Bakery poster, and he says he saw a couple smaller posters inside.  It didn't occur to him to check our stack; he thought somebody had just bought the same one, which could still be the case.  However, we were both in flashy costumes and getting stopped for photos a lot, so we're both worried that it could have been lifted, especially since we did keep the stack together the entire time.  This occurred near the food court, probably around 7:00 or so.

We're going to check the lost and found tomorrow, but I did want to make a report of what happened.

chifunii

Today I brought:

-White iPhone 4(S?)
-Naruto Shippuden wall scroll

To the staff table in Artists' Alley. If you lost something like what I listed above, please check with AA staff~

(Lost in two separate places, most likely two separate people?). Posting here just in case someone out there is scoping the net for some help getting back their stuff!
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

veganbabies

This weekend my boyfriend lost his iPhone and I lost a Hogwarts wallet with all my info in it, my wallet has personal notes I've saved from teachers and friends and theres no way for me to get them back if no one turns my wallet in. My boyfriends phone also has notes saved from when we first started dating so we both would really appreciate if anyone has info or anything. Already notified fanime staff but if you know anything or found our things please just return it and there will be no questions asked. Thanks guys.

Adamantha

Today I lost a blue SailorMoon wallet possibly in the Dealer Hall..Did anyone find it? There was only $1.50 in quarters in it and I really need it back because my state ID and bus pass are in it...

anime_gal

I lost my camera somewhere at the con, I remember having it last in the lobby at the Hilton. If someone found a white camera in a black case ... I would really like it back. Please let me know ... I'll be contacting lost and found in a couple of days to see if someone turned it in.

optimusprime

Quote from: Adamantha on May 27, 2013, 10:41:48 PM
Today I lost a blue SailorMoon wallet possibly in the Dealer Hall..Did anyone find it? There was only $1.50 in quarters in it and I really need it back because my state ID and bus pass are in it...

YES! your wallet was turned into the fanimecon booth in the dealers hall! they made an announcement on the PA but no one showed up. I am not staff but I was at the booth when I saw the wallet turned in! Dealers Hall staff should have turned it into con ops or the lost and found the kind person who found it turned it in right before the con ended.

PacificPikachu

I lost a paper bag (with a pony on it) with some Pokémon pins from artist's alley. I spent a decent amount on those pins, so I'm really sad that I lost them, and they were really cute. :( E-mail me at [email protected] if you have any info!

(I also had left out a "Favorite Pokémon" drawing pad for people to draw in on the tables closer to the Marriott. I was hoping to scan everyone's drawings at the end of the con. It was there Saturday night, but disappeared after that. I half-expected someone might make off with it so I'm not devastated, but if anyone has it, let me know!)

Tsu

If someone lost a full-size katana with a black sheath and grip, call the Saint Claire. I found one in the hallway and was too exhausted to walk back to Fanime at 4 in the morning (doubt anyone would be available to take it anyway) so we handed it over to the Saint Claire's lost and found.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

dasratchet

I lost a black leather medium sized backpack, a pink shiseido makeup bag, a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Rilakkuma lanyard and Uta no Prince Sama Haruka rubber strap attached to it, a Fujifilm Instax Mini, and a purple wallet with ID and clipper card in it.  If you found this please return it to me no questions asked.  I just want my stuff back.

adaglez

Hi! I found an iPod on Monday at the convention. Please message me/email me with the description of the iPod. (I.E. decorated? case? version? wallpaper image?).

My email is [email protected].

sukihyde

hi i lost my keys somewhere they have charms on them. it has marceline from adventure time my cars name on a license plate, a green fish, a bottle opener, a spiderman j, and a lego guy from toy story

veganbabies

Quote from: veganbabies on May 27, 2013, 07:30:47 PM
This weekend my boyfriend lost his iPhone and I lost a Hogwarts wallet with all my info in it, my wallet has personal notes I've saved from teachers and friends and theres no way for me to get them back if no one turns my wallet in. My boyfriends phone also has notes saved from when we first started dating so we both would really appreciate if anyone has info or anything.
Update! So my boyfriend has found his iPhone but my wallet is still missing. Again, it's a black wallet with the Hogwarts logo and it has my ID and my notes/ticket stubs and I'm still wanting any info on it. Thankssss

PinkHairSasuke

My friend cosplaying Usopp and had a slingshot attached to a staff. The slingshot was removable and he lost that. If you have it or have any information please message me. Thanks!