props/weapons policy locked. have question!

Started by azreale, July 25, 2012, 09:48:27 PM

azreale

i'm working on a cosplay for next year from Borderlands 2. thing is, my character (tiny tina) has a dynamite bomb strapped to her belt.
see her right side. couldn't find a better picture. is there any way a prop of this will be allowed?  my current plan wont let the props be detatchable. problem is it looks like a bomb. i can make it look fake but i'd rather stay as true to the character design as possible.
any suggestions or w/e appreciated!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Jidai Geki

azreale

thanks for the references ^^

now if only someone would answer the fake dynamite question... >.>
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Jidai Geki

Quote from: azreale on September 22, 2012, 05:05:09 PM
thanks for the references ^^

now if only someone would answer the fake dynamite question... >.>
I'm sure you'd be able to have this prop accessory for Tiny Tina, but compromise a little on the detail... Don't make it too realistic... Also, print the reference photo above and keep it with you at the con... When in doubt, get the item peace-bonded at Con-Ops... Show them the photo & have them inspect your prop for safety... show them it's part of your cosplay character (Note: Articles can ONLY be peace-bonded when you're in costume)

On a side note, last Fanime, I saw someone walking the Con with a realistic (but made of plastic) looking Stinger Rocket Launcher for a military-themed cosplay... Try walking that down a city street

Dagger-6

The weapons policy states no explosives, which would include dynamite.  My advice would be to play up the cartoony, cel shaded style of the character in the dynamite prop to make it look obviously fake, but it might have to be left out of the convention center if it comes down to it.

I'm probably not going to be on Rover staff this year, but if I go to any of their meeting/gatherings I'll see if I can bring it up with them to get a clearer answer.  They usually put up a big thread as it gets closer to the con and their policy gets refined.