The Queen's High Tea (Kuroshitsuji 2015 Gathering)

Started by sael, August 06, 2012, 02:17:23 PM

Kell-chan

Angelx624

Ahhh, I just realized that the Fanime theme gathering is at 11am. ;A;

So, I might go to that for a bit, then change cosplays and go to the Kuro gathering. I'll be a bit late, but I'll be there. ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: chaosbark on April 23, 2013, 09:44:12 PM
Looks like 11AM on Sunday is open for all those locations. Going to aim for that timeslot - we can then move to the Fairmont location for hang-out time/snacks/whatever after. I believe that this will not conflict with any other large gathering and, also, will allow for the Masquerade participants to join us.

Good to see you! Had me worried for a bit there, went and messaged BSaphire the other night asking about just submitting a time until you got back xD That time definitely works, location wise the only reason I would suggest veering from G7 is that the MLP gathering starts right when ours ends and you'll have a lot of people moving through that gathering area. Personally I would suggest grabbing G8b, it's a really nice shaded area with lots of space, and snagging G8c as well so that we have more space and aren't crowded/covered by another gathering. It's also a nice plain colored wall so nothing too busy going on behind it while still being in a corner enough to catch attention of any people passing that want to stop by and check out the gathering :)
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

sael

Quote from: Wolftale on April 24, 2013, 04:44:18 PM
Looks like 11AM on Sunday is open for all those locations. Going to aim for that timeslot - we can then move to the Fairmont location for hang-out time/snacks/whatever after. I believe that this will not conflict with any other large gathering and, also, will allow for the Masquerade participants to join us.

Good to see you! Had me worried for a bit there, went and messaged BSaphire the other night asking about just submitting a time until you got back xD That time definitely works, location wise the only reason I would suggest veering from G7 is that the MLP gathering starts right when ours ends and you'll have a lot of people moving through that gathering area. Personally I would suggest grabbing G8b, it's a really nice shaded area with lots of space, and snagging G8c as well so that we have more space and aren't crowded/covered by another gathering. It's also a nice plain colored wall so nothing too busy going on behind it while still being in a corner enough to catch attention of any people passing that want to stop by and check out the gathering :)

Good point. Ok, here's what we have available to us for 11AM on Sunday:
G6: We were at this location last year. My main concerns about this location would be the sun and discomfort in the heat. Otherwise, it was a nice location.
G7: The tree area down the steps from G6. It's shaded, but the background might be rather busy with all the green and leaves.
G8 (a, b, c): As a 60+ gathering we have the option of having the entire area. There's cement, there's trees, there's sun, and there's shade.

If we wish to move to the Fairmont after for an "after-party" (not to say that we will be crazy party animals since we're all classy), G8 is the closest location. However, BSaphire has also offered us both G6 and G7 for the gathering and tea party.

The decision is up to you guys. I am waiting on a response back from one of my vices, so you have until he responds back to me (which will be sometime tonight).

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: chaosbark on April 24, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

G6: We were at this location last year. My main concerns about this location would be the sun and discomfort in the heat. Otherwise, it was a nice location.
G7: The tree area down the steps from G6. It's shaded, but the background might be rather busy with all the green and leaves.
G8 (a, b, c): As a 60+ gathering we have the option of having the entire area. There's cement, there's trees, there's sun, and there's shade.

If we wish to move to the Fairmont after for an "after-party" (not to say that we will be crazy party animals since we're all classy), G8 is the closest location. However, BSaphire has also offered us both G6 and G7 for the gathering and tea party.

The decision is up to you guys. I am waiting on a response back from one of my vices, so you have until he responds back to me (which will be sometime tonight).

G6 is listed to have the My Little Pony gathering from 12pm-1pm though. I like the Fairmont, but I'm biased since it has air conditioning <3
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)

sael

Quote from: Wolftale on April 24, 2013, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: chaosbark on April 24, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

G6 is listed to have the My Little Pony gathering from 12pm-1pm though. I like the Fairmont, but I'm biased since it has air conditioning <3

Haha, I like the Fairmont, too. But I'm biased since that's the hotel I stay at.

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: chaosbark on April 24, 2013, 06:05:39 PM
Haha, I like the Fairmont, too. But I'm biased since that's the hotel I stay at.
I usually do too, this is the first year that I'm not :( Stuff got booked too quick... I'm holding out on the wait list maybe coming through for me, Double Tree is too far....
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)

koolcalcat1

wow it will be super early this time! Yeah! (I might just bring another costume on sunday then...)

sael

Quote from: koolcalcat1 on April 25, 2013, 12:58:15 PM
wow it will be super early this time! Yeah! (I might just bring another costume on sunday then...)
Ever since the first Kuroshitsuji gathering there have been complaints that people are not able to attend due to Masquerade or other such things. It appears that the Naruto Gathering is later in the day this year, which means that Sunday morning is now open to a large gathering. In past years we held the Kuro gathering in the afternoon to avoid conflicts, but having it in the late morning might actually be better for everyone.

I have submitted the time/location request, so we'll see what we get.

Angelx624

I like the idea of having the full G8 for the gathering. But that's just me...... ><
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Cosplay Circus

Hey since we're so early in the day this year would there be any interest in finding someplace and ordering in some food to eat during the tea?
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)

Yorika~

I'm not on the list...  :'(
I'll be coming as Angela in her party dress
Cosplay Line-up:
Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden
Takahashi Minami - AKB0048
Young Angelina Durless - Kuroshitsuji
Secret Cosplay - MLP
Nagisa Motomiya - AKB0048

Possibly
Makoto - Free!

Xaara

Quote from: Wolftale on April 26, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
Hey since we're so early in the day this year would there be any interest in finding someplace and ordering in some food to eat during the tea?
This is a really good idea I like it since I might skip breakfast while I get into my cosplay that morning.
FanimeCon 2014 cosplays:
-Fem Ciel (Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji)
-Fem Tony (DHMIS)
-Trickster John Egbert (Homestuck)
-Jake English (Homestuck)
-Taokaka (Blazblue)
-Trickster Jake English (Homestuck)

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: Xaara on April 26, 2013, 09:09:44 PM
Quote from: Wolftale on April 26, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
This is a really good idea I like it since I might skip breakfast while I get into my cosplay that morning.
What's breakfast? Yeah, I feel like a lot of people don't eat in the morning so come noon I'm sure there will be some people hungry. Could either order in or if enough people are willing to bring stuff make a potluck and either bring it to the gathering or drop it off sometime in the morning in a hotel room of the Fairmont (if we're hanging there) to bring down later.

Going to snoop around and see what delivers around there, going to assume there is pizza somewhere and I want to swear the Subway there delivers... have to check though.
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)

sael

Quote from: The Great Desu on April 26, 2013, 08:10:51 PM
I'm not on the list...  :'(
I'll be coming as Angela in her party dress
D: My apologies! Let me remedy this quickly.

koolcalcat1

Whoo my cosplay is coming along quite well! haha yeah!

SkylerKarashi

so, have we figured out exactly where this will be held? XD
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: gary925 on April 28, 2013, 03:31:29 PM
Yep! Listed for G8 a b and c, basically snagged the entire left nook by the door
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Wolftale on April 28, 2013, 04:32:10 PM
Quote from: gary925 on April 28, 2013, 03:31:29 PM
Yep! Listed for G8 a b and c, basically snagged the entire left nook by the door
haha, sweeeettttt. XD i cant wait. :D
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

sael

Seems that you guys beat me to the punch. The Kuroshitsuji Gathering will be held from 11AM to 12PM at G8 (a, b, & c) with the tea party occurring directly after at in the Fairmont Ballroom Lobby. Don't worry about getting lost; my minions and I will lead the migration over.