Where is the best place to stay?

Started by Yorika~, September 04, 2012, 07:26:17 PM

Yorika~

So I was looking for a hotel for this fanime, but all the close hotels are all filled up and the next closest ones aren't that great. Does anyone know which hotel is the best to stay at, other than the main fanime ones?
Cosplay Line-up:
Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden
Takahashi Minami - AKB0048
Young Angelina Durless - Kuroshitsuji
Secret Cosplay - MLP
Nagisa Motomiya - AKB0048

Possibly
Makoto - Free!

echoshadow

I think you mean for next years 2013. This years Fanime is long over.

As far as I know hotels still have rooms availble. I don't think anyone plans to book a year in advance without Fanime's discount rate and pay the deposit.

I would save up now and wait for the Fanime's houseing to open up sometime next year. Usually in Febuary.

As far as other hotels, I know a few but not off the top of my head, they are good ones but a bit pricy.
I'll come back to list the names.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Umi.Ryuuzaki

^yup. Just watch for announcements and be ready to snipe that hotel room you want, but also line up back-ups.

I did hear good things about the Fairmont and Crowne Plaza hotels from friends and fellow staffers. Check out the Hotels 2012 Feedback thread and go from there. I plan on using those two as backups just in case my luck with the Hilton isn't good for 2013 (I'll be damned if I can't get a suite this time).
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

echoshadow

Well the ones that are near by are these:
Hyatt Place
The Sainte Claire
Four Points
Hotel De Anza
Ramada Inn
Townhouse Motel
City Center Motel.

I have stayed at the Fairmont, Marriott, and Hilton those are the ones that fill up fast.
I also head good things about Hyatt, and Four Points.
the last 3 on the list are you cheapest bet but they are a bit far away, about a 20 minute walk. If it was me I'll rather save up and stay close by.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List