question? Because I can't find the answer...

Started by benihime, September 07, 2012, 11:16:22 AM

benihime

OKAY so I'm a n33b to fanime and I was curious...
is there a hallway costume contest?
I didn't see anything about it, and it's a 4 day con so i'm thinking there SHOULD be one, but again I saw nothing :(

Gigantor

A hallway contest? I don't believe there is one and I haven't really been to a con that does have a hallway costume contest; at least not that I can recollect. It could be I passed it up as something I'm not directly affected by but I don't remember anything like that. I know there is the Masquerade, but a hallway contest isn't something I believe is done at this event.

Firemage1000

I don't believe there has ever been an official hallway contest in the past 4 years I've been going to Fanime, but normal con goers people have handed out things (mini "awesome" certificates, roses , ribbons, mana/health pots to name a few) to cosplayer's who wore costumes that they appreciated.

I'd also prefer not to have hallway contests as the hallways are already crowded to begin with...XP
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

benihime

every con i've been to now has a hallway contest. With 4 days i'm actually REALLY suprised that fanime has one since Otakon has one. It's mostly for people who might not want to go on stage, or for me who's entering a group for the masquerade but might want to enter something as myself.

It's not actually IN the hallway, the judging would be in a room.