2013 Sword Art Online Gathering

Started by Firemage1000, September 30, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

Firemage1000

Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Heathcliff, and I am the leader of the guild Knights of the Blood Oath. I'm calling out for a gathering for all players for an informational meeting to defeat the next Boss.  All players of any class and level are most cordially invited.

Date:  Saturday
Time: 10:30 am
Floor (location): G8a
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

Don't forget that:

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not wish to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

If you are doing a cosplay from any game or the real world you are also welcome! (insta-credit to anyone who does a nerve-gear cosplay XP)

Also please keep in mind that this is going to be a smaller gathering, but inevitably some people won't be able to come once times are announced. There is only so much I can do about this and would suggest trying to come for at least part of the time. (The only guarantee I can make is that this gathering will not conflict with the Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra gathering.)

Due to some scheduling issues, we only officially have our spot for 30 minutes.

I just saw the full gathering list, and the Bleach gathering has been put in our spot at 11am. This technically gives us 30 minutes in our spot. Unfortunately I think that it is too much trouble to request changing our time as well as the fact that Beach gathering is a lot bigger than us and has more weight.

Inevitably when the area gets flooded with the combination of SAO and Beach Characters, I say we unofficially move the official gathering to the park. There we will have a lot more room to take photos.

For those of you who have never been to Fanime before, the park is 1.5 blocks away.

So the plan is this:

10:00 am -- The pre-release party begins. I, Heathcliff will be hanging out in the G8 Gathering Area after I check into the Cosplay Gathering Table. We can do photos as people arrive if you all want.
10:30 am -- The OFFICIAL Gathering begins and you all can LOG IN
11:00 am -- We move to the park area when the area gets flooded with Bleach Characters.
XX:00 am -- Gathering Ends and you all can LOG OUT.

Does this sound like a good plan? I'm really sorry about all of this confusion and change of plans. I hope that you all can come to the gathering!

Attendance:

Kirito -- xSvenja, Amaya's Friend, wings_of_an_angel Friend, Vietboy, Rhornez,Crazymiggz, InsaneMist, Archedeath, Sushimini Friend,
Asuna -- Asuna, Amaya, wings_of_an_angel,Stephchan, Kimani's friend,  Sushimini, Tegania
Sachi -- trooper715, Nebulaan, DangerHeart (3)
Lisbeth -- Kimba616 (and group), Oniko, ChibiLi
Klein -- Kimani
Heathcliff-- Firemage1000, Crazymiggz friend
Kayaba Akihiko --Lucifargundam
Yui--Firemage's sister
Sinon -- Silent One, Grove_c
Alicia -- hakurei
Sakuya -- hakurei's Friend
Lyfa -- Kyonluver
Sterben -- Ethren5

Photography Order:

Individual Game Shots:
SAO
ALO
GGO
Underworld
Protagonists vs. Antagonists
Entire Group Shot

Individual Requests: by Cosplayers/Photographers (Ex. KotB Guild or Sachi and Kirito or Kirito vs Heathcliff)

*Note: I know that this series is a pseudo-harem anime, but the individual requests for the official gathering MUST be kept to a family friendly rating. I know that this comes up every year and is non-negotiable. You are free to take whatever pictures you want separate from the official gathering.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

Dagger-6

Yay =D Hopefully I'll be good enough with sewing and have enough time to make a Sachi cosplay. =3  We'll see as we get closer. ^^

Asuna

wow i'm so exited there'll be a SAO gathering  :D i'm looking foward to fanime ^-^

xSvenja

Omg, I really want to attend this gathering! I can't do friday or saturday for sure, but if I can make it, I'll attend as Kirito! @u@

Amaya

My boyfriend and I are going to try and make it as Asuna and Kirito  :)
Cosplay Plans For 2013-2014:
Alice {Pandora Hearts}
Merida {Brave}
SeeU {Vocaloid}
Asuna {Sword Art Online}

wings_of_an_angel

Co-leader asuna reporting in~ and i will be bringing my bf whos gonna be kirito

wings_of_an_angel

whee this is gonna be fun :3

Takumaru

I will be attending as Kirito, maybe I will meet an Asuna there <3

Rhornez

the anime season is finished, just not sure for a season 2 although.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Firemage1000

I realize that...but this was posted in September 2012.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

vietboy

I will come as the SAO form of Kirito.  :D
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

Rhornez

I might come as Kirito as well, i need to get my cosplay soon

Lucifargundam

I might go as Akihiko Kayaba (cloaked form) lol XD

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Kimba616

My friends and I will have a small SAO group on Sunday. :] I'll be Lisbeth and we'll have a Kirito, Asuna, Sachi, Silica, Klein, and Agil!

stephchan

Rhornez

not sure how ill be kirito since i cant have a hard wood prop that looks like the Elucidator or whateve you spell it lol, anyone have a better idea?

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Rhornez on January 25, 2013, 01:08:00 AM
not sure how ill be kirito since i cant have a hard wood prop that looks like the Elucidator or whateve you spell it lol, anyone have a better idea?
cardboard and spray paint.... good enough...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Nazo

My friend and I will be there as Kirito and Heathcliff
"I WILL COSPLAY THIS ONE DAY" I say as I never start on the cosplay ever

vietboy

I hope nobody asks me for a shot with my sword, sadly my Elucidator has broke and while I know there will be cries to fix it, I have and tried but it is to be a prop. So, that will be in its sheath for the weekend, but, has anyone received word on if there is a Yui? I thought that would be one giant family picture right there will all the Kiritos and Asunas.
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

Kimani

I'll be Klein! And I'm working on Asuna with/for a friend :D