2013 Sword Art Online Gathering

Started by Firemage1000, September 30, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

DarkMoonlitStar

As I said before I voted for Sun. so I won't be able to make it to the gathering for this year because I have graduation on Sat. at 10am. Maybe next year =/
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Firemage1000

Hey Everyone!

I just saw the full gathering list, and the Bleach gathering has been put in our spot at 11am. This technically gives us 30 minutes in our spot (I am very displeased). Unfortunately with the sluggish responses and overall chaos, I think that it is too much trouble to request changing our time as well as the fact that Beach gathering is a lot bigger than us and has more weight.

Inevitably when the area gets flooded with the combination of SAO and Beach Characters, I say we unofficially move the official gathering to the park. There we will have a lot more room to take photos.

For those of you who have never been to Fanime before, the park is 1.5 blocks away.

So the plan is this:

10:00 am -- The pre-release party begins. I, Heathcliff will be hanging out in the G8 Gathering Area after I check into the Cosplay Gathering Table. We can do photos as people arrive if you all want.
10:30 am -- The OFFICIAL Gathering begins and you all can LOG IN
11:00 am -- We move to the park area when the area gets flooded with Bleach Characters. 
XX:00 am -- Gathering Ends and you all can LOG OUT.

Does this sound like a good plan? I'm really sorry about all of this confusion and change of plans. I hope that you all can come to the gathering!
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

BSaphire

Quote from: Firemage1000 on May 06, 2013, 11:25:55 PM
Hey Everyone!

I just saw the full gathering list, and the Bleach gathering has been put in our spot at 11am. This technically gives us 30 minutes in our spot (I am very displeased). Unfortunately with the sluggish responses and overall chaos, I think that it is too much trouble to request changing our time as well as the fact that Beach gathering is a lot bigger than us and has more weight.

Inevitably when the area gets flooded with the combination of SAO and Beach Characters, I say we unofficially move the official gathering to the park. There we will have a lot more room to take photos.

For those of you who have never been to Fanime before, the park is 1.5 blocks away.

So the plan is this:

10:00 am -- The pre-release party begins. I, Heathcliff will be hanging out in the G8 Gathering Area after I check into the Cosplay Gathering Table. We can do photos as people arrive if you all want.
10:30 am -- The OFFICIAL Gathering begins and you all can LOG IN
11:00 am -- We move to the park area when the area gets flooded with Bleach Characters. 

Does this sound like a good plan? I'm really sorry about all of this confusion and change of plans. I hope that you all can come to the gathering!
@Firemage1000 and all the SAO cospeeps:
It is not the Bleach cosplayers fault for the move, rather mine since I found out that G9 has all but disappeared in the last week. I slid them over to G8 because it was open for their hour since they are a returning 60+. I figured that you guys would be up in the G8 a area and not really be affected by them till maybe the tail end of yours. When I looked at your numbers I didn't feel that it would reach 60 + this year, though it could as I learned with Pokemon, so everyone's patients and understanding would be greatly appreciated.
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

tegania

This is my first time at Fanime and my first cosplay--I'll be going as Asuna! I can't wait--so excited :3

Rhornez

Quote from: tegania on May 14, 2013, 09:45:58 PM
This is my first time at Fanime and my first cosplay--I'll be going as Asuna! I can't wait--so excited :3
your going to be in for a ride lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

tegania

Quote from: Rhornez on May 15, 2013, 12:18:54 PM
your going to be in for a ride lol

Yeah? I'm really nervous/excited--and I don't fully know what to expect!

I am actually doing my master's thesis in anthropology on cosplay and the cosplay community, so this is my big participant observation study, and this gathering is definitely going to be more participation than observation. Out of curiosity, would any of you be interested in giving me an interview after the gathering?

Rhornez

-raises hand- YOOO i would like to.

also update on my cosplay. im not sure if my cosplay will arrive in time. darn me for money constraints and worrying.

Oniko

Quote from: Rhornez on May 16, 2013, 02:05:03 PM
-raises hand- YOOO i would like to.

also update on my cosplay. im not sure if my cosplay will arrive in time. darn me for money constraints and worrying.
ugh I that when that happens. I missed out on a lot of off site gatherings waiting for Lisbeth to show up. Good luck!
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Firemage1000

Hey Everyone! I have a job for you!

We have now officially hit the 7 day mark before Fanime.

Your job is to verbally tell people that our gathering will be on Saturday at 10:30(ish) am at the G8 gathering location if you see or know SAO Cosplayers on that Friday. Spread the word.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I can't wait for next Saturday!
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

Spark Miko Miko

Getting really really really really excited...
I hope I can focus on my work for the next week or so,

grove_c

I KNOW I'm studying for finals adn I keep taking breaks to watch Fanime cosplay videos AHHHHHHH can't wait to see all the SAO cosplay!

Kirito and Sinon are a go. I'm working on my group's Death Gun. None of us will be carrying weapons so please don't jump our Death Gun D:

Rhornez

dont mind me, stalking the mail and trying to squeeze these last few college assignments in

Rhornez

SWORD CAME IN TODAY waiting for costume to arrive tomorro, DEBU MEXICAN KIRITO IS A GO

Silent One

Count me out on Sinon sadly at last minute. The cosplay I got just today of shoddy quality, and I need to rework it. Will be still attending the gathering to take pics though... :(

Lucifargundam

I got my cosplay ready. Also got mustaches to share >: P

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Ethren5

Hello, this is my 1st post on these threads aswell as my 1st year cosplaying. I will show up in a Sterben outfit from GGO. (was a last minute thing so is not really that good.) Hope to see you guys on saterday.

Firemage1000

Ok One last information dump before I have to SWITCH to my phone where updating the forums is a nightmare. (aka practically impossible to do)

Remember that the gathering:

10:00 am -- The pre-release party begins, beta testers can start.
10:30 am -- The OFFICIAL gathering begins and everyone can LOG IN

Also Sword Art Online director Tomohiko Ito and producer Shinichiro Kashiwada are in the United States right now at Anime Boston (Fanime is better XP). If anyone has a twitter, lets use #Fanime2013 #FanimeSAO #FanimeSwordArt to try and grab their attention and show our support from California.

The weather is going to be 65~70 degrees. Don't forget to stay hydrated, and do not overheat. Bring Water! (Fatal Scythe: I'm looking at you)

Please everyone! Remind people that Saturday at 10am is the gathering. The more people the better the gathering will be!

@Rhornez: Lets save the derp photos for the park where we can actually have Kiritos napping.
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

Oniko

I have to set up my art table at 10:00 but 'll try to get to the park in time.  :D
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Spark Miko Miko

could someone send me the photos of the gathering? I was a kirito too...'

Kayog

I will post a link of some of the pictures that my friend took of the meet up, but it might take him some time to get to them because he took over 4000 pictures at fanime. Btw, I was the dual wielding Kirito at the meet up.