Making reservations...

Started by Ashe, October 14, 2012, 01:10:20 AM

Ashe

So I've looked into getting a room for myself and two other friends within the last month for next year, and I'm sort of panicking because one of the hotels is completely booked right now. I told someone else I was getting a room for Fanime and they asked why I was looking "so early", so my question is uh, is it really "early"? I haven't booked a room myself since I've been going these past few years, someone else in my group has done it for us. But now it's on my shoulders this year. This/last Fanime, my group didn't book until like, February, so I shouldn't worry too much right? Fanime has reserved rooms for us to book through their site, yes? They come out around that time?

Any help is appreciated. I just want to make sure I'm right before I screw up Fanime for my friends and myself. l:

kookiekween99

Fanime hotel reservations haven't gone up yet. Fanime makes a deal with the nearby hotels to get discounts for congoers, but while negotiations are going on, the hotel's websites completely block off that weekend. So you don't have to worry about it quite yet. You didn't do anything wrong. :)

Fanime hotel reservation usually go up around Dec-Jan. Last year, they were running late and went up in early February. Anyways, my advice is to stalk the website, the Facebook, the Twiter, and these forums for any hints about when reservations will go live.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Asuna

is that why everytime i try to book a room for myself it tells me there is non available ??? well it makes sence -.-

OGIGA

Yeah, you have to book through Fanime to get the Fanime rates and rooms.

AkiraKita

I got a room at the Marriott at normal price only because I heard rooms were filling up. Now I'm wondering if I can still get the Fanime rate when it comes out. Is this something I should discuss with the hotel only? The normal rate is fine but I would like the Fanime rate if possible. Is anyone else dealing with this too and if so what should I do?
Fanime 2016
Borderlands 2 - Mordecai
TftB - Rhys
DAI - King Alistair

AkiraKita

I just booked a room at Marriott without Fanime rate for Fanime 2013. They do seem to have that weekend open now. I just booked it 2 days ago so I don't know when they changed that.
Fanime 2016
Borderlands 2 - Mordecai
TftB - Rhys
DAI - King Alistair

Amaya

I'm wondering the same thing  ??? Would it be better to get a room now? I don't want the Marriott to fill up on my group and I
Cosplay Plans For 2013-2014:
Alice {Pandora Hearts}
Merida {Brave}
SeeU {Vocaloid}
Asuna {Sword Art Online}

Lucifargundam

from I understood, you're one of the few lucky ones to have gotten teh "discount" price before everyone else did.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

ewu

you can contact CMR about this once housing comes up. However, if my memory serves correctly, you are locked in to the marriott price. The two reservation processes are separate and independent from each other. Note that most reservations can be cancelled near to the actual reservation rate. So if you get it through CMR, you can probably cancel your reservations. You should check your reservations about cancellations and penalties.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AkiraKita

Quote from: ewu on January 19, 2013, 12:47:39 AM
you can contact CMR about this once housing comes up. The contact info should come up before thursday. However, if my memory serves correctly, you are locked in to the marriott price. The two reservation processes are separate and independent from each other. Note that most reservations can be cancelled near to the actual reservation rate. So if you get it through CMR, you can probably cancel your reservations. You should check your reservations about cancellations and penalties.

Thank you. It's  my first time booking the room for this con, so I don't know how to go about this stuff.
Fanime 2016
Borderlands 2 - Mordecai
TftB - Rhys
DAI - King Alistair

YaoiCat

I've been attending Fanime since 2008 but this is the first time I'm planning to stay at one of the hotels, can anyone describe the reservation process so I know what to expect once it opens up on Thursday?  I don't want to miss out on a room because of any confusion :/

Also, it would be great if the room rates could be posted somewhere before housing goes live, that way people have a chance to weigh their options and decide which room they want to aim for and they won't have to make up their minds on the spot to avoid rooms selling out.

Lucifargundam

Picking up your room on Thursday is easy. Just wait in line and hand them the printout detailing your reservation through housing. You'll either need a credit card or pay up front. You need an ID as well.

Prices won't be known til it goes up n each hotel differs. I spent 89 a night for mrriot n hilton in previous years. But that's the cheapest it gets.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

kookiekween99

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 20, 2013, 11:40:00 AM
I've been attending Fanime since 2008 but this is the first time I'm planning to stay at one of the hotels, can anyone describe the reservation process so I know what to expect once it opens up on Thursday?  I don't want to miss out on a room because of any confusion :/

Also, it would be great if the room rates could be posted somewhere before housing goes live, that way people have a chance to weigh their options and decide which room they want to aim for and they won't have to make up their minds on the spot to avoid rooms selling out.

Here's a quick little guide. :)

1. They post the link. You click it. It should take you to a url starting with "cmrhousing."
2. Go to Hotel List.
3. Pick which hotel and room type you want and click "Reserve" next to the one you want.
4. Pick your arrival and departure date and the number of people staying in the room.
4a. Note: The arrival date is the day you check in, the departure date is the day you check out. So if you're staying Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, you set those dates as Friday and Monday, respectively.
5. After hitting next, you will need to input the following:
- Guest Name
- Address
- Email
- Credit Card Info
- Roommate Info (Optional)
- Special Requests (Optional)
6. If you need more than one room, you will need to repeat this process for each room. As far as I know, there is no way to reserve multiple rooms under a single reservation.

This is just based on my memory from past years.

YaoiCat

Thanks Kookiekween :)

Have they ever posted the room rates in advance before?

kookiekween99

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 21, 2013, 07:31:31 AM

Not to my knowledge. I just always plan off the previous year's rates.

If anyone is curious, last year the Hilton was $122/night for a double-bed room.

DangerHeart

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 21, 2013, 01:39:25 PM
Quote from: YaoiCat on January 21, 2013, 07:31:31 AM

Not to my knowledge. I just always plan off the previous year's rates.

If anyone is curious, last year the Hilton was $122/night for a double-bed room.

As far as I know they've never posted pricing for hotels in advance, but here's the old info from last year so you can estimate what you'll be spending per night (some prices might be a bit different this year of course) and pick which hotel you'd most like to stay in. https://www.cmrhousing.com/FANI_4A/Amenities.aspx

I always pick a hotel for a Plan B in case my first choice books up before I can reserve a room. And be sure to look at parking prices and such for each hotel and always add that into your budget, made that mistake my first year.....wasn't fun.

YaoiCat

Thanks DangerHeart!  Definitely good advice on the parking, I didn't even think about that ^^; 

DangerHeart

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 21, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
Thanks DangerHeart!  Definitely good advice on the parking, I didn't even think about that ^^;

Your welcome!

Question for myself, does anyone know if its possible to book more then one room at once? Say 3 rooms at the same hotel on one reservation? Sorry if this has already been answered in another thread.

kookiekween99

Quote from: DangerHeart on January 21, 2013, 01:46:42 PMQuestion for myself, does anyone know if its possible to book more then one room at once? Say 3 rooms at the same hotel on one reservation? Sorry if this has already been answered in another thread.

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 20, 2013, 04:57:39 PM6. If you need more than one room, you will need to repeat this process for each room. As far as I know, there is no way to reserve multiple rooms under a single reservation.

Kyra_Maverick

I really appreciated the amenities page set up from last year and hope it is carried over this year too.