Fanime 2013: 16+ Hetalia Truth or Dare panel CANCELED

Started by xXxBloody-BlossomxXx, October 17, 2012, 09:43:44 PM

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Hello everyone! A few friends and I are going to fanime this year, and are interested in doing a panel. The only thing is, we don't have enough people! So here I am, recruiting you wonderful Hetalia cosplayers and hoping that you'll be interested in helping. You can be anyone you like, even 2P characters.

Taken Characters:

Romano
America
Japan
Seychelles
China
England
Russia
Prussia

There is a problem, though. There is the possibility that Japan, and Seychelles might not be able to make it this year, so I am looking for back-ups just in case they can't show up. I (Romano) will be the main moderator at the panel.

Now I know people don't like age limits, but I've gotten quite a few e-mails from people who are well under the age of 16. In order to be a part of the panel, you must fall between the ages of 16 and 25. I am willing to make acceptations though. If your birthday is a week or two after con and you're turning 16, that's totally fine. Go ahead and send me an e-mail. Same thing with you being older. If you turned 26 the month before con, go ahead and send me an e-mail. I am very lenient with the ages, but please don't lie to me about how old you are just so you can join.

If you're interested, just send me an e-mail titled "Hetalia Truth or Dare" so I know it's not spam, and let me know which character you're interested in being! Also, along with the e-mail, a few pictures of your cosplay would be appreciated, but it's not necessary or required. I promise that I'm a nice person, and that I won't bite~ After you've sent me an e-mail and you've gotten the spot, I send you the basic rules which are still being worked on, and a meeting place at fanime a little while before the panel so we can all meet up and it won't be all awkward. Anyway, I'm just rambling now, but I hope to hear from some of you lovely people soon!

E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail 2: [email protected]

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Hey guys. I know it's months before con, and I know that Hetalia isn't really that big of a fandom anymore, but I'm getting desperate. I have been wanting to do my own panel for over three years, and now I finally have the opportunity to do that. It would mean a lot if even one person would offer to help.....

CheshirePhantom

Is there going to be a Hetalia panel for 16 and under because well I'm exactly 16 and so is our whole Hetalia cosplay group
Cosplays
Bleach: Toshiro Hitsugaya
Kuroshitsuji: Cheshire!Grell
Panty&Stocking: Chuck
Hetalia: Nyotalia America

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

This is the only panel we'll be doing this year, since my Spain and I are fitting this into our already busy and hectic schedule. If you're 16 or over, you're allowed to attend. They don't check ID's at the door, it's more of just a warning since there will be cursing and inappropriate suggestions, as well as fan service from the panel members, if they're comfortable with it. If you and your cosplay group would like to join our panel, you all will be welcome with open arms, warm hugs, and pasta C8

CheshirePhantom

I am so sorry, I totally misread the text thinking it was an panel for older than 16. Wow *facepalm* Okay well we would love to attend your panel and Nyotalia is acceptable? Okay well the only issue is my our group, which is 5 people, are still really new to doing panels and such so we were hoping to all be together since we're more comfortable that way. Our group consists of a Nyotalia America, England, North and South Italys, and a Russia. So if your America is unable to show that solves one but there's still our Romana. I hope I'm not imposing by suggesting if are you willing to have two Romana's? If not then I completely understand and I hope you get everyone you need. If so then keep us posted I hope our cosplays meet up to expectations. Thank you :)
Cosplays

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Hello. I'm terribly sorry it took so long to get back to you on this, but school has just swamped me the past few days. College life if not easy .-.

I spoke with Spain and got her input on you all being Fem characters, and we mulled it over for a while, and we decided that Fem character's aren't what we're looking for, since they aren't as popular as the regular characters and the 2P's, which are what we are looking for. Then there's also the fact that if we were to accept you, there would be doubles of character's we already have, and the possibility of more in the future. I really am sorry to say this, and I feel terrible for doing this where anyone can see, but you and your group are not what we're looking for.

I will, however, keep you and your group in mind if something happens like America can't make it, or I get sick before I'm supposed to drive down there. So there is the possibility you and your troop will get to be in the panel. Even if you wonderful people don't get to be the panelists, I hope you'll be in the audience and get to see all the fun :)

CheshirePhantom

No no its alright I completely understand but your description said Fem or 2p so I assumed 1p Fem was acceptable anyways I wish you luck on your panel and we'll definitely have to come watch all the fun.  :D
Cosplays

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Bump bump~ Spots are still open, and I'm still accepting e-mails~ C'mon people. Only you can help this idea become a reality C8

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Bump bumpy bump bump bump! Spaces are still open~ Just waiting on you guys to send me an e-mail or reply here ^^

belligerent

Hiya!  A few questions about this panel:

-Are you still accepting applications?

-I think the panels are usually divided into All Ages and 18+ for legal reasons, aren't they?  I apologize if I'm mistaken.  If a panel is designated as 18+, content can be legally shown that is appropriate for legal adults.  What is different about this panel that makes it legally inappropriate for people under 16 but not legally inappropriate for 16 and 17 year olds? 

-This is a truth or dare panel, but some of your panelists I am assuming will be minors (under 18).  You mentioned fanservice happening, possibly.  Does this mean there's an upper age limit for panelists?

Thanks in advance!

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Hello my dear! To answer your questions, yes. We are still accepting applications c: Well the whole 16+ thing is there really as a warning because there will be some foul language, and as I said, fan-service. They don't check ID's as the door since, as stated in panel rules, it's just a warning. As for fan-service, if people want a kiss, we'll be doing a thing called stage kissing where you cup the other person's cheeks, put your thumbs on their lips, and kiss your thumbs. But for me and a few people who I know personally, there will be real kissing between them and I. Really, the whole fan-service thing is really just there for how comftorable you are around other people. Before the panel starts, I will have a meeting place for everyone to meet up at so we can go over real quick guidelines for the panel and get everyone introduced and such. Does that cover your questions, sweety? Don't be afraid to ask more c:

belligerent

Mostly, but I'm still curious about age limits of the panelists.  You want people to be 16 or older, I'm assuming, but since there are people who are under 18, does that also mean there would be an upper limit on how old the panelists can be?

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

I say the age limit for the panel would be 25-26 since I myself will only be 17 when con rolls around. Does that sound good to you? c:

belligerent

Is there anybody on the panel so far who is 18 or older?

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Yes. China will be 22 by the time con rolls around.

demetria656

Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

FangLuvsMischeif

What is the youngest age you will be accepting for the panelists?
I know someone who may be able to help, but I think she is only going to be around 13 or 14. (An minimum age would be nice so I can still know just in case I got her age wrong and for some other possible helpers)

I may be able to do some type (regular, 2p, chibi, etc.) of Italy or possibly Danmark, but I still need to find out if I can even afford to go to Fanime. (I have to fly or drive from Texas and I'm going on a family vacation to Mexico just a while before that, along with the room and all the other costs. God,it hurts to even think about...)

And I might have one other person willing to help, but I have to check with her. Her age is probably fine, 22 or so I think (Yeah I have a crap memory.)

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

Hello my dear! I'm sorry to say that you friend who will be around 13 or 14 when con rolls around is too young to be apart of the panel. The age requirement set by myself and Spain (the other admin) is 16. Mainly just for our peace of mind since we both will be seventeen and we really don't want to scar some poor child's mind.... You understand, right?

As for you being Italy or Denmark, I think that's awesome! It would be wonderful to have you as part of our team!

Your other friend will be 22 or so? That's fine~ Our cut off age is 25 since there will be a few minors in the panel, but you and your friend are more than welcome to join our little family ^^ Hope to be hearing back from you soon~

KellBean

I am sorry I don't mean to make a big deal about this, but I am just curious.  I know that your age limit is 25 considering that there will be minors.  Do you think it would be fine if everyone just knew each other's ages and some of the older people like 18 and up will just know to keep their hands off?  You don't have to answer me on this.  It just seems like the age limit is kind of exclusive, if that is reasonable of me to say?
Fanime Cosplays

Black Widow - Civil War/Winter Soldier
Nami (Time Skip) - One Piece
Nanami (Formal Kimono) - Kamisama Kiss
Sea Goddess
Red Panda Kigurumi

xXxBloody-BlossomxXx

I understand what you're saying, and if I was anyone else but me, I'd probably agree. But I set the age limit at 25 because I feel like if I have anyone older than that on the panel, I won't be comfortable being around them. Do you understand?

By the way, I am totally sorry if I sound mean at all :c I'm sick right now so I tend to be a little snippy even when I'm not trying to be OTL